KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?

Albert Einstein Quote
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I Agree. 75 78.95%
I Disagree. 20 21.05%
Total: 95 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

There will always be conflict, there will always be war.
There will always be people willing to risk their lives for the side they stand with, and people willing to throw legions of said life riskers at their enemies.
There will always be someone who will rise and try to "conquer the world" and someone to confront them.
There will always be two sides who will shoot at eachother over a misunderstanding.
There will always be religious Zealots who believe killing non-believers is the way to attain eternal salvation, and there will always be someone to confront them.
And if humankind ever stops fighting amongst it's self (which I do find highly unlikely) I believe that we will have found other sentient beings to fight against by that point.

In the end the main driving force behind most human actions is them selves. Not always, there are truly benevolent people in this world, but there are not and never will be enough of said truly benevolent people to put an end to war in it's entirety.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2009 04:23 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thundar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
This was verbatim from Albert Einstein himself.

Think it's true ..?

As long as there is men, there will be supermen.

Thundercats Hooo!!!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 04:36 PM
Thundar is currently offline Click here to Send Thundar a Private Message Find more posts by Thundar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FSBOffer
For Sale By Offer

Re: Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?

Hi guys! As drivers inside their cars feel the car we suppose to be inside of ourselves and feel ourselves, the car driver feel every bump in the road or something that is going wrong with a wheel or other part of his car so do we in regard of our own bodies ( hopefully ), reason why we should be able to agree with this poll!

The human´s desire is to live in peace but as the smoker says "I am going to quit smoking" and he does not so humans tend to say "we will live in peace" but we will not!

Look upon Israel and Palestine! Go back into history and come to me with the proof that we will terminate wars and bad behaviour that force people to fight people.

I keep talking about the 3 most powerful forces in nature that command humans, and they are "Truth, Justice and Love".

Show me politicians that upholds the 3 and I will tell you I expect the peace.

This category has more potential to conquer people to those 3 forces than religion itself, one of my reasons to be here!

People suppose to be religious but religion is pushing people away from it, philosophy on the contrary, seemly to be away from religion philosophy bring people to it, and this I call responsibility for the human kind.

We all must be a little philosophic, a little religious, a little this or that as long as that is right, and I am sure you know what is right at all times ( for the ones preparing the question "and what is right in this world?" );

Well, I hope I have started a little discussion here, I will respect everobdies arguments and hope everybody will respect everybody ele´s arguments, so please use the 3 forces above ok? You have it inside you and remember!

As more you use it as stronger you will be!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:51 PM
FSBOffer is currently offline Click here to Send FSBOffer a Private Message Find more posts by FSBOffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Yea but as long as there be peace there will be no war.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 03:31 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?

I disagree, the world just has the wrong kind of men in charge. If he said, 'as long as there are idiots, there will be wars' id agree, as no intelligent person would ever force his countrymen into conflict that would endanger the lives of his wives and children and his entire race.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 03:46 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

if only those men in government were more rational (X) and not like those idiots who run everything (them). Then we would have peace and prosperity!

there are no inherent problems with the system of governance or human nature that make our political apparatuses and masses easily exploited to do violence, it is the subversive work of the idiots!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 04:42 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

DOWN with Idiots, OOORAH!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 04:56 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

well, yes, but I hardly think that will do away with war

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 05:05 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

A smart person cannot go to war, it's a contradiction in terms, the same way that you cannot have an intelligent racist, war and racism are directly linked to stupidity. It could not be otherwise else the universe would implode.
big grin

And before someone says 'hitler was intelligent' I'll challenge..really?

Bankrupted his country, killed about 6 million people, pushed for an Aryan race even though he himself was a darky, does this sound like the actions of a smart person? Sounds like the actions of a d!ck to me, a moron, he certainly couldnt be called intelligent.

Ok im reaching, but to me, Intelligence in synonimous with peace - the way ignorance is to war.

Last edited by Juk3n on Jun 14th, 2010 at 08:24 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 08:15 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Juk3n
A smart person cannot go to war, it's a contradiction in terms, the same way that you cannot have an intelligent racist, war and racism are directly linked to stupidity. It could not be otherwise else the universe would implode.

That's absurd. A smart person who is likely to win a war and wants something that can be gained most easily through war will do so, specifically because they are smart. You could at most say that a moral person will not go to war, but that requires a moral system where going to war is bad.

As for smart racists...

"Add to these, flowing hair, a more elegant symmetry of form, [the negro's] own judgment in favour of the whites, declared by their preference of them, as uniformly as is the preference of the Oran-gutan for the black women over those of his own species. The circumstance of superior beauty, is thought worthy attention in the propagation of our horses, dogs, and other domestic animals; why not in that of man? They secrete less by the kidnies, and more by the glands of the skin, which gives them a very strong and disagreeable odour. Comparing them by their faculties of memory, reason, and imagination, it appears to me, that in memory they are equal to the whites; in reason much inferior, as I think one could scarcely be found capable of tracing and comprehending the investigations of Euclid; and that in imagination they are dull, tasteless, and anomalous. "
-- Thomas Jefferson.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 08:40 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

big grin

Bankrupted his country, killed about 6 million people, pushed for an Aryan race even though he himself was a darky, does this sound like the actions of a smart person? Sounds like the actions of a d!ck to me, a moron, he certainly couldnt be called intelligent.

Ok im reaching, but to me, Intelligence in synonimous with peace - the way ignorance is to war.

well, ok, but if you define intelligence by unwillingness to go to war, then there is probably little to discuss. We just have divergent concepts of what it means to be intelligent.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 09:18 PM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Peace doesn't mean just not going to war, it's a state of being for us as humanity, in the way we live life in general.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 09:38 PM
tsilamini

well, again, we can get into semantics and define and redefine terms. If by peace and intelligence you mean the definitions you are talking about, then you are right, no intelligent man will go to war because it is implicit within the definiton.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 09:53 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
This was verbatim from Albert Einstein himself.

Think it's true ..?
Yes

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jun 26th, 2010 09:08 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Conflict between groups will only permanently disappear when the species dies off. It can be largelly reduced though

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 03:28 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarCraft2
Restricted

Account Restricted

testosterone = agression/agressive behavior

may lead to fights may lead to battles may lead to war.

WINS:11 LOSSES:21 DRAWS:4
I Train in Following Disciplines Kickboxing Wrestling and Mix Martial Arts

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 06:56 AM
StarCraft2 is currently offline Click here to Send StarCraft2 a Private Message Find more posts by StarCraft2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by StarCraft2
testosterone = agression/agressive behavior

Not really

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 02:05 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

big grin

there are racist people whom are smart and there exists warriors that'd rather not fight but would if they have to.

and being a d!ck doesn't mean you're a stupid person. or not intelligent.

i look at peace and war as the ying and the yang. symbiotic almost.

the achievement of peace i brought about by war. and war comes when there isn't peace. simply.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 04:50 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Bankrupted his country, killed about 6 million people
There's a zero missing from this number.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2010 02:50 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

0:25 expresses my opinion on this matter exactly.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2010 06:36 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote