KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Top ten most influential artists in music since 1952!

Top ten most influential artists in music since 1952!
Started by: Sir Whirlysplat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Well, as much as you feel differently, I think this is going to be a hard one to fight. Let's say perhaps maybe you have something, it'd be pretty hard to fight the mass flock of Beatles fans all over the world to agree with you. It's a fight I don't think you can win, even if you're correct.

It's like those who think Wilt Chamberlain is better than MJ...though the world believes MJ to be the greatest basketball player ever. It's just not going to happen. erm

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:02 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I don't have to do anything.

Are they massively influential? Yes. Are they the most innovative and influential band ever? No, not to me they aren't. Many agree. It doesn't matter if more agree with you and Whirly than me and whoever, neither of us can factually prove it, but I don't have to agree.

They're just opinions, nothing there is fact. I'm not denying their talent or their influence, I'm denying them of a title that they don't deserve.

-AC

Back to opinions and ours on this differ. Please provide some evidence just once to support your spurious asserions AC.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:03 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Unfortunately, fewer bands are regarded as more innovative also. wink

BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Thats it smile

Back to your Britney fetish wink

Could you, then? If you believe thousands of opinions override one, then millions must kill it, right? You believe you could argue The Beatles over Britney?

laughing out loud Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you worse advice, perhaps AC's funniest line ever. the pompousity is incredible.

I use Secondary sources because I know what to search for to support my arguments smile If clues were shoes, you'd go barefoot AC trust me.

You don't use secondary sources Whirly. You find sites and then claim you agree.

Hence why you're so easy to deal with.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BobbyD
Well, as much as you feel differently, I think this is going to be a hard one to fight. Let's say perhaps maybe you have something, it'd be pretty hard to fight the mass flock of Beatles fans all over the world to agree with you. It's a fight I don't think you can win, even if you're correct.

Point proven.

You are arguing that I am losing a battle because there's more Beatles fans. So? There could be a billion claiming that they're the best at everything ever, doesn't make it any more true.

Millions voted for Bush because they believed him to be the man for the job. Case closed. Numbers mean nothing and if that's your only argument, I suggest you bail out.

I don't care if "fewer bands" are as regarded for innovation. The Beatles didn't innovate that much, they were just the first to do things, which isn't ACTUAL innovation. Innovation is primarily taking something that exists and drastically altering it or changing it. The Beatles didn't do that as much as people claim.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:07 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Could you, then? If you believe thousands of opinions override one, then millions must kill it, right? You believe you could argue The Beatles over Britney?

If you wish to argue for Britney go ahead smile

You don't use secondary sources Whirly. You find sites and then claim you agree.

Hence why you're so easy to deal with.

-AC

No I found sites that agree with me I stated my opinion first smile I'd like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up your ass mate.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:09 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you wish to argue for Britney go ahead smile

Stop chickening out, weasel boy.

Could you realistically argue against a million Britney Spears fans, if they said she was better in many ways, than The Beatles? Yes or no? Simple question.

No I found sites that agree with me I stated my opinion first smile I'd like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up your ass mate.

Of course you found sites that agree with you, we're talking about The Beatles. It's not hard, they're the classic name to drop. Anyone in search of musical credibility decides to namecheck them.

I just quoted your massive copy and paste job, you decided to skip it. Either reply or don't. Your call.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:12 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

AC, I think your disdain? for the Beatles may be clouding your normally intelligent capacity to see clearly. Post 2 threads, and let's see the results of what people HERE say. Thread #1: Who is the most innovative band of all time, and #2) Who is the most influential band of all time. Make them singular response answers. We are not asking for seconds on these, or an order/rank. We won't take ties either for #1.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet you'd find the Beatles winning both threads even IF you are correct. I don't know what else to tell you, man.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:15 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stop chickening out, weasel boy.

You are the Britney fan it's only fair you get to argue her smile Weasel boy laughing out loud no no expression

Of course you found sites that agree with you, we're talking about The Beatles. It's not hard, they're the classic name to drop, Anyone in search of musical credibility decides to namecheck them.

Nope I like them and know they are credible, If your comment was twice as smart as it is, it would be absolutely stupid AC.

I just quoted your massive copy and paste job, you decided to skip it. Either reply or don't. Your call.

-AC

You really didn't you stated opinion without support, I'm not arguing against something where you offer nothing but AC says "blah, blah' blah" laughing out loud

I will defend, to your death, my right to my opinion.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:21 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

AC, I think your disdain? for the Beatles may be clouding your normally intelligent capacity to see clearly. Post 2 threads, and let's see the results of what people HERE say. Thread #1: Who is the most innovative band of all time, and #2) Who is the most influential band of all time. Make them singular response answers. We are not asking for seconds on these, or an order/rank. We won't take ties either for #1.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet you'd find the Beatles winning both threads even IF you are correct. I don't know what else to tell you, man.

Disdain? I love The Beatles, don't assume. This is where you become a confused guy. You think that because I'm not rating them over every band, I don't like them. As if that's the Beatles requirement.

Exactly, even if I am correct, The Beatles would likely win because they're The Beatles. That's why they're rated so high, name over quality. Which is wrong.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:23 PM
Captain Kirk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Disdain? I love The Beatles, don't assume. This is where you become a confused guy. You think that because I'm not rating them over every band, I don't like them. As if that's the Beatles requirement.

Exactly, even if I am correct, The Beatles would likely win because they're The Beatles. That's why they're rated so high, name over quality. Which is wrong.

-AC

Give it up man, your posts obviously show some intelligence, but you are just looking very ignorant in this thread. How much do these guys have to own you?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:25 PM
Captain Kirk is currently offline Click here to Send Captain Kirk a Private Message Find more posts by Captain Kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are the Britney fan it's only fair you get to argue her smile Weasel boy laughing out loud no no expression

Gonna answer my question or not?

Here:

Could you realistically argue against a million Britney Spears fans, if they said she was better in many ways, than The Beatles? Yes or no?

Nope I like them and know they are credible, If your comment was twice as smart as it is, it would be absolutely stupid AC

Why are they credible? Because they're published and on the net? Everyone and their mothers are saying that Arctic Monkeys are great, are they? I mean magazines are saying it, many people are saying it, must be true right?

You really didn't you stated opinion without support, I'm not arguing against something where you offer nothing but AC says "blah, blah' blah" laughing out loud

I countered each and every one of the points from whoever's essay it was you pasted. You chose to reply with two lines of sarcasm rather than countering, because we know you have nothing beyond Google.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:26 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Captain Kirk
Give it up man, your posts obviously show some intelligence, but you are just looking very ignorant in this thread. How much do these guys have to own you?

He's not getting owned, please don't say that. Nobody owns anyone else matey.

Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Captain Kirk

Whirly has a Captain Kirk sig...you two should get along smile.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whirly has a Captain Kirk sig...you two should get along smile.

-AC

I said that ealier, it's a cool name. I just wish he would stop with the AC is getting owned bit.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:27 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Well, it woudn't be the first time someone said I was confused. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:27 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I countered each and every one of the points from whoever's essay it was you pasted. You chose to reply with two lines of sarcasm rather than countering, because we know you have nothing beyond Google.

-AC

Really AC you didn't sad you used opinion sad I think you are confused that opinion and fact are not the same.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:29 PM
Captain Kirk
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK he is not getting owned, he just looks stupid! I like your Kirk sig man, it owns.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:30 PM
Captain Kirk is currently offline Click here to Send Captain Kirk a Private Message Find more posts by Captain Kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Agreed, Whirley....CK, the music forums is a place where people love to speak passionately about their music, and that is what is respected most here...its subjectivity.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:30 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed, Whirley....CK, the music forums is a place where people love to speak passionately about their music, and that is what is respected most here...its subjectivity.

Yup AC is passionate but not subjective bless him.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:31 PM