KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Top 10 players in NBA History

Top 10 players in NBA History
Started by: tanjot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

rolling on floor laughing

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 09:12 PM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RecSpecs110
Link Saves the Day

yep, nice comeback, chief. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 09:14 PM
RecSpecs110 is currently offline Click here to Send RecSpecs110 a Private Message Find more posts by RecSpecs110 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up I'm sorry but your post just caught me by surprise and made me rolling on floor laughing uncontrollably

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 09:19 PM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Wow stop arguing, its become blatantly obvious that you two will never agree on anything. Its gotten to the point where continuing will result in both sides further repeating themselves and continuing to not aknowledge the other side.

This has been going on for like 10 pages

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 09:36 PM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RecSpecs110
Link Saves the Day

15 days to go, and the NBA season starts! Yeah, whoohoo!

Should i start another countdown?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:26 AM
RecSpecs110 is currently offline Click here to Send RecSpecs110 a Private Message Find more posts by RecSpecs110 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ryan92

this is a f***king hard question, i mean look at all the all-time greats out there.its really hard 2 pick a top 10 but this is what i think:
M.J,Dr J,Wilt,Larry Bird,Bill Russell,Sir Charles,The admiral(David Robinson),Hakeem Olajuwan,patrick ewing,kareem Abdul jabbar and O.Robertson and magic J.i know,i knwo,13, not 10 but u can't keep out any of these guys,look at what they have done 2 the game and there stats.legends.absolute legends.top 30 or 50 would b better.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 08:37 AM
ryan92 is currently offline Click here to Send ryan92 a Private Message Find more posts by ryan92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I'm surprised Ewing and Robinson are above Shaq in your opinion.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 08:46 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

All-Around talent, skill, accomplishments.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Bill Russell
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
5. Magic Johnson
6. Oscar Robertson
7. Kobe Bryant
8. Larry Bird
9. Shaquille O'Neal
10. Tim Duncan

Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant are the most talented and skilled players to ever play in the NBA.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 11:05 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Bill Russell
3. Oscar Robertson
4. Michael Jordan
5. Larry Bird
6. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
7. Magic Johnson
8. Kobe Bryant
9. Julius Erving
10. Jerry West

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 03:59 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celestialdemon
1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Bill Russell
3. Oscar Robertson
4. Michael Jordan
5. Larry Bird
6. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
7. Magic Johnson
8. Kobe Bryant
9. Julius Erving
10. Jerry West
Julius Erving?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 08:39 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Julius Erving?

Yep, if you include his ABA career also, of course. If you don't include that, then well, I'd have to pick someone else.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 09:31 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Ok, just asking. I've only seen him play with the 76er's. What about Shaq or Duncan?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 12:46 AM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Tim Duncan is very close to breaking into the list. He's one of the most fundamentally sound players I've ever seen, and he gets the job done.

The only reason I don't have Shaq up there is because he hasn't proven he can win on his own. With both the Lakers and the Heat, he needed to have an outstanding guard on his team to win a championship. He's not the kind of player that could carry a team on his back like the others on my list can.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 06:49 AM
Darth Martin

Actually to be fair, none of the people on your list have proved they could win a champions(Chamberlain, Jordan, Kobe).

-Chamberlain needed Hal Greer in Philadelphia to win and had Baylor and West in Los Angeles.
-Russell had a great supporting cast his whole career in Boston.
-Oscar had Kareem in the latter parts of his career in Milwaukee.
-Jordan had Pippen and a great supporting cast on his championship teams.
-Larry Bird in his prime had Parish, McHale, Archibald, and all those guys.
-Kareem with the Bucks had Oscar, and had a wonderful team in L.A.
-Magic had Kareem.
-Kobe had Shaq and company.
-Erving had Moses Malone, Charles Barkley, and Darryl Dawkins along his career with the 76ers.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 10:34 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Obviously nobody can win a championship without any other players around them. However, the ones I think are the best are the ones who had the biggest impact on their team.

Take Larry Bird for instance. One season, the Celtics won 57 games. The next season he basically missed the whole thing, and the Celtics only won 40 games even though he was the only player missing.

Look at Bill Russell. All the guy knew how to do was win. He won 2 championships in college and 11 in the pros. His other 2 years in the pros, he lost in the finals and conference finals. So he's either the luckiest guy ever or he's just that good.

Those are just a couple of examples.

I guess my biggest problem with Shaq is that he's more of a one-trick pony than anyone else on my list. Keep him out of the paint, and he's basically useless.

Last edited by celestialdemon on Apr 10th, 2008 at 03:55 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 03:43 PM
magic_hate_ball
KILL!KILL!THIS IS HOCKEY!

Jordan
Russell
Bird
Barkley
Malone
Abdul-Jabbar
Cousy
Erving
Johnson
Drexler

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Old Post May 19th, 2008 02:33 AM
magic_hate_ball is currently offline Click here to Send magic_hate_ball a Private Message Find more posts by magic_hate_ball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Greatest as in most dominant:

Jordan
Kobe
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Wilt
Jabbar
Ewing
Olajuwan
Russell

Honorable mention to both Duncan and Zeke.

Greatest as in most skilled:

Jordan
Kobe
Magic
Bird
Olajuwan
Duncan
Jerry West
Scottie Pippen
Big O
Ewing

Greatest Scorers:

Jordan
Kobe
Jabbar
Bernard King
Wilt
Shaq
Iverson
Zeke
Maravich
Malone

Honorable mention to Michael Ray Richardson

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 05:43 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GBang

Best

1) Jordan
2) Kareem
3) Bill Russell
4) Magic Johnson
5) Kobe Bryant
6) Osca Robertson
7) Larry Bird
8) Hakeem Olajuwon
9) Tim Duncan
10) Wilt

May not be everyones choice but I took it as their positions and what the competition was like for them in that era and what they achieved etc.

Others would of been
PF Karl Malone
SF Nique
C Shaq
SG Drexler
PG Stockton

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 01:22 PM
GBang is currently offline Click here to Send GBang a Private Message Find more posts by GBang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GBang

[QUOTE=10671693]Originally posted by Darth Creasy
[B]Greatest as in most dominant:

Jordan
Kobe
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Wilt
Jabbar
Ewing
Olajuwan
Russell

You put Ewing over Olajuwan? Not only had he been in the top 2 ppg in the mid 90's he won 2 championships back to back and and has won defensive player of the year so he was a machine on both ends. More so than Ewing.
If you are just going on dominat then you should of gone with
Jordan
Wilt
Kobe
Russell (Defensive)
Shaq
Olajuwan

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 01:28 PM
GBang is currently offline Click here to Send GBang a Private Message Find more posts by GBang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

1. Micheal Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Larry Bird
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Tim Duncan
6. Wilt Chamberlain
7. Oscar Robertson
8. Bill Russell
9. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
10. Hakeem Olajuwon

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 30th, 2011 11:03 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote