KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » The Return of the Draft Threads: Bonus Round Edition

The Return of the Draft Threads: Bonus Round Edition
Started by: Dizzle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Sorry about posting this in the general tourney thread, here is my team:

Chamber http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotl...&fldAuto=93
Husk http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotl...amp;fldAuto=111
Surge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surge_%28comics%29
Gideon http://www.mutanthigh.com/index2.html

I originally had Guardian instead of Gideon but King Mungi said that he had already been banned. While Gideon is an immortal, I think he falls into the same catagory as Slade and Deadpool

Also Dizzle mentioned a fight between me and Blair Wind (possibly set for Saturday). I don't have a particular preference as to where we fight (although a more open area might fit our teams better)

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Last edited by TheKahn on Mar 9th, 2006 at 07:01 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 06:47 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

I can't get the link to work for Gideon so here is his power set
Powers & History: Gideon's mutant power was the ability to absorb the powers and skills of anyone (or even a robot) in close proximity. The absorption didn't seem to affect his physical appearance, however. Gideon was also a mutant immortal, and used his business connections to play power games across the globe. He had Sunspot's father killed, and then convinced Bobby to leave the New Mutants, so that he could learn how to run the business from Gideon. Gideon believed that Sunspot was going to be the next External, and wanted to control him. Instead, he ended up increasing Sunspot's power levels to an incredible degree, until Bobby was freed by X-Force. Gideon's life was drained by Selene, proving that no one lives forever.

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 07:03 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 07:08 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Longshot, Spider-Man (current), Super Skrull, Plastic Man

And if Plastic Man wasn't (most likely) beyond the killability limit, I'd be serious about that team.

Oh, and pinned.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 07:47 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Nice call on Super Skrull and yeah Plasticman is above killability.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 07:51 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
......well unless anyone has too much of a problem the much depowered son of odin is mine for now..........cuz Dizzle said so stick out tongue

but seriously since he ok'ed it this round, unless someone has a good reason why he shouldnt be allowed...hes mine

also the fact that he has a glaring weakness right?
and he got punked by a tin man.......

common hes within the caps...

Gee, I dunno. Maybe the fact that he teleports like a mother****er?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 10:13 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I'll be going with my old team. Maybe if I'll find something else, I'll change...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 12:37 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

teleportation is more for long range things like transportation. And the khan, sorry but Im not doing any bonus rounds (I wanna prepare more for the finals). Im gonna just do the FFA. So, if you can, find someone else to fight, aight man?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 02:54 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Dizzle
I remember discussion, but I remember the general consensus being a yes... His strength hasn't been shown to be anything more than low class 100, his lightning surely isn't more powerful than Iron Man's stuff... Heck, I'd say he's insanely similar to Thunderstrike in terms of overall power. Except he has a badass hammer instead of that girly ass mace thing. And he's a hippie. stick out tongue

Was there any specific reason for the bannage, or did he just look too powerful cuz he's a watered down Thor?

I think it was his teleportation that got him banned

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 03:00 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Oh come on....there was about twenty pages of discussion on why Gideon was banned the first time around..... and Superskrull wasn't allowed because Invisible Woman and The Human Torch were both banned

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 03:02 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I think Digi was just joking about his team. And I guess khan is just gonna have to change that character.

and about the teleportation thing, hes mostly only used it to transport places (or big ass bombs), not in straight up fights right? sorta like Dr. Light? hmmmmm

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 03:21 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Hmm i wonder if i could have a martian fighting machine (war of the worlds not Jonnz....)

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 03:32 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Who drafted War Machine? did they mean the James Rhodes War Machine?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 03:33 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Scoobless

I dont think they did....

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 03:36 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

What other war machine is there? confused

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 03:40 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

What other war machine is there? confused

Well there's the other version from U.S. War Machine (still Rhodes but slightly different armour.... i think)

......and there's the new version from the Sentinel Squad comic (not sure how different that one is though)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 03:59 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

teleportation is more for long range things like transportation. And the khan, sorry but Im not doing any bonus rounds (I wanna prepare more for the finals). Im gonna just do the FFA. So, if you can, find someone else to fight, aight man?

Yea, sorry about that. I missunderstood Dizzle's message. Good luck thumb up

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 04:40 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Yes, I drafted the James Rhodes War Machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Ma...s_and_abilities

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Last edited by illadelph on Mar 9th, 2006 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 04:46 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Oh come on....there was about twenty pages of discussion on why Gideon was banned the first time around..... and Superskrull wasn't allowed because Invisible Woman and The Human Torch were both banned

Dammit

I didn't know he was banned. Alright then how about

Chamber
Husk
Surge
Magma http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_...9#Amara_Aquilla

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 04:50 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Would the Eidolon Warwear version of War Machine be off limits?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 05:43 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote