KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku versus Yoda

Count Dooku versus Yoda
Started by: BLAK FOX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BLAK FOX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Count Dooku versus Yoda

Pure saber fight. Can the Count take out the phenomenon that is Yoda?

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 02:57 PM
Click here to Send BLAK FOX a Private Message Find more posts by BLAK FOX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

I seriously doubt it. Despite the fact that it is argued that Yoda was "exhausted" after the fight with Dooku, Dooku nevertheless fled, knowing he could not find a weakness in Yoda's defenses. It could either be this or the far more unlikely fact that he sensed the arrival of Padme and a small battalion of clones

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BLAK FOX
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think that he was just being cautious. Did he not have the plans for the death star on him?

Thanks to Jonathan Mark for the sig

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 03:04 PM
Click here to Send BLAK FOX a Private Message Find more posts by BLAK FOX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Yes he did, but Dooku was on the defensive side most of the fight. Even though his syle is more offensive. Yoda would win after a good long battle.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BLAK FOX
Restricted

Account Restricted

I personally think that Yoda would tire out much quicker then Dooku.

Thanks to Jonathan Mark for the sig

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 03:18 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Yeah, but not before he cut down Dooku. Do we need to review episode 2? Yoda didn't go on the offensive using force powers, so Dooku was like "Oh dear, well, my Makashi will always save the day! No? Oh crap, it's leaving time." I thought it was pretty clear that Yoda outclassed him.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 03:53 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Yea, Yoda pwned him in the force battle, he made Dooku look like a fool. The saber fight was better for the Count, but even he realised that he wasn't beating Yoda, so he ran away.

Yoda wins.

Wating for Rampant ox to show up with Mass-Dookuism...lol

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 06:22 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DePWNZOR

Yoda>Dooku. It's a fact. Who ran away? Dooku did. Who was clearly on the offensive? Yoda was. Who would have won if Dooku hadn't been a wuss and ran away? Yoda would. Happy Dance

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 07:21 PM
Click here to Send DePWNZOR a Private Message Find more posts by DePWNZOR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Yea, Yoda pwned him in the force battle, he made Dooku look like a fool. The saber fight was better for the Count, but even he realised that he wasn't beating Yoda, so he ran away.

Yoda wins.

Wating for Rampant ox to show up with Mass-Dookuism...lol

Dooku will win because he is almighty!!!!

Seriously though I think Dooku would win but only marginally. The force battle was a stalemate. No one managed to hit the other. Just because Dooku offered the lightsaber duel doesnt mean he was losing the force battle. He probably knew clones were on the way and needed to finish Yoda quickly.
The lightsaber duel was stalemated also with neither managing to hit the opponent. Although the great Counts Makashi style wasnt doing him to many favors it was helping him to conserve his energy. Yodas style uses massive amounts of energy and we can see the effects of that after the duel when he starts panting. Had the battle kept going the almighty Count Dooku would have won because he would have exhausted Yoda.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Actually Yoda wasn't even being serious during the saber fight and to quote the novelization: "Dooku realized he was not the strongest after all."

The saber battle wasn't stalemated, Dooku was being battered horribly and ran away. To think Dooku wins this is madness...you know how long Yoda can keep fighting? A damn good while

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DePWNZOR

Rampant Ox, your the biggest fan boy I've ever seen......(no offence, just stating a fact). Count Dooku got PWND in the force. Yoda DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO HIT HIM WITH THE FORCE! One good Force push, and the battle would have been over. As soon as dooku hits that wall, if the impact doesn't shatter his fragile old bones, yoda will be all over him with his lightsaber. If yoda had even been slightly aggressive in that fight, Dooku would have died then and there.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 09:43 PM
Click here to Send DePWNZOR a Private Message Find more posts by DePWNZOR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Yoda wins. Dooku stood no chance in their Force duel and Yoda was winning the saber duel, too, though only just. He beat Dooku on Vjun, too, and then Dooku had the territory advantage, since they were fighting on Vjun.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 10:26 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Dooku did not lose the force battle. Dooku was on the offencive and couldnt get a hit because Yoda blocked him.Yoda didnt do any force attacks (why we dont know) but from the movie they clearly stalemated.

The lightsaber duel was also stalemated with neither being avle to strike down their opponent. Dooku did leave but for what reason we dont know. He might have known clones were coming, maybe he had to meet Palpatine, MAYBE Yoda was winning. We just dont know. I mean he could have needed to take a shit for all we know. But the fact remains that neither bet the other in both force abilities and saber skills.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 05:18 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by Rampant ox
The lightsaber duel was also stalemated with neither being avle to strike down their opponent.

Maybe because Dooku ran because he was losing...? Perhaps that didn't cross your mind.

quote:
Dooku did leave but for what reason we dont know. He might have known clones were coming, maybe he had to meet Palpatine, MAYBE Yoda was winning. We just dont know. I mean he could have needed to take a shit for all we know. But the fact remains that neither bet the other in both force abilities and saber skills.

I'm getting quite fond of these Star Wars scripts, I'm glad I saved them on my computer. big grin

COUNT DOOKU whirls his lightsaber in a formal salute. YODA draws his lightsaber. Suddenly, COUNT DOOKU charges across the space at YODA. He rains down blows upon the tiny figure. YODA doesn't budge an inch.

Showing us that Yoda clearly wasn't having to much trouble with Dooku being on the offensive. I mean, it was kind of obvious [to me] in the movie that Dooku didn't provide much hassle for Yoda besides his force attacks.

For the first part of the contest, he parries every cut and thrust that COUNT DOOKU aims. Nothing the great swordsman tries gets through

Again showing us that Dooku being on the offensive isn't doing as well as our esteemed green toad is on the defensive standpoint.

His energy drains. His strokes become feeble, slower. YODA attacks! He flies forward. COUNT DOOKU is forced to retreat. Words are insufficient to describe the range and skill of YODA's speed and swordplay. His lightsaber is a humming blur of light. Finally, their blades cross and the fighting slows.

I'm inclined to say that the reason Dooku ran off (and made sure Yoda didn't follow him) was because he was losing. I saw that clearly from the movie that if Dooku would've kept going, he would've eventually been defeated.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 05:56 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

The only problem is, that script is definetly not the final draft script. The novelisation is also based on it too...

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:41 AM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

The movie is higher canon than the novel and even the script. From the movie we see neither being able to defeat the other with force abilities. If Yoda was as great as everyone says he is he would have whipped the great Count but couldnt so didnt. The force battle was stalemated. Accept that.

The lightsaber duel is complicated but I think everyone is giving Yoda far more credit than he deserves. If Yoda was as good as everyone says he is he would have struck Dooku down. But he couldnt. And the same goes for the Count. He couldnt strike down Yoda from what we saw. So they stalemated with neither picking up the victory. We dont know what would have happened had the fight kept going because it didnt happen. Just because Dooku left doesnt mean he is the worse dueller. It can mean a range of things like I said in a previous post.

However if it had kept going I would have given the victory to the almighty Count Dooku. After the end of the battle both duellers were tiring. The fight was slowing down and defeat would have befalled the person who tired out first. Because Dookus style uses minimum energy and Yodas uses heaps it is only logical to assume that Yoda would tire first. This means the Count would pick up the victory.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 08:17 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Swirly Girl
The only problem is, that script is definetly not the final draft script. The novelisation is also based on it too...

Unfortunately, It is.

Dooku was effectively defeated by Yoda. Bottom line.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post May 4th, 2006 08:19 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

But the movie differs from the script. The movie is the highest form of canon apart from GL and in the movie we saw them stalemate. What happened had they kept going is only assumptions and opinions.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 08:28 AM
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Saw them stalemate? Just because Dooku ran away and the fight was undecided does not mean Dooku is on par with Yoda. The fight lasted about 10 minutes, and Yoda wasn't going to beat Dooku that quickly, but he would eventually.

Dooku on par with Yoda in force powers? Man you are a fanboy, Dooku launched a series of attacks which none posed too much of a threat to Yoda. Oh unless you want to say Dooku > or = Sidious, im afraid Dooku is without a doubt weaker than Yoda.

We see Yoda gaining the upperhand on Sidious until the Dark Lord attained the terrain advantage, we see Sidious's offensive force powers which are above Dooku's, being blocked and reflected by Yoda. ROTS Sidious was either slightly below or on par with ROTS Yoda.

So unless your next absurd argument is Dooku = Sidious, its quite obvious Yoda wins without a doubt, the question being how long it takes him.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 10:20 AM
Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Sidious could have been just a notch above... Its the darkside and all =P.

The situation in AOTC was this:

Dooku was leaving, Obi1 and Anakin stopped him.

1) Anakin looses it and goes for quick cash. Dooku gives him a lesson.
Anakin failed to defeat Dooku.
2) Dooku defeated obi1.
3) Dooku defeated Anakin again.
4) Yoda barges in.
Now this is the interesting part.

"You are interfering with our business for the last time..."
5) Dooku is determined to kill yoda.
7) Yoda fights back.
8) Dooku runs!
Dooku failed to kill Yoda, while Yoda succeeded in defending his friends.

"If so powerful you are, why leave?" This says it all...

Old Post May 4th, 2006 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote