KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku versus Yoda

Count Dooku versus Yoda
Started by: BLAK FOX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
Dooku did not lose the force battle. Dooku was on the offencive and couldnt get a hit because Yoda blocked him.Yoda didnt do any force attacks (why we dont know) but from the movie they clearly stalemated.

Yes, he lost. Yoda didn't attack back because he didn't want to. Are you suggesting that he didn't use Force attacks because he was unable to? No, Yoda tossed all the objects Dooku threw at him aside with ease and caught his lightning without difficulty.

quote:
The lightsaber duel was also stalemated with neither being avle to strike down their opponent. Dooku did leave but for what reason we dont know. He might have known clones were coming, maybe he had to meet Palpatine, MAYBE Yoda was winning. We just dont know. I mean he could have needed to take a shit for all we know. But the fact remains that neither bet the other in both force abilities and saber skills.

Yeah. In ESB Luke probably left cause he needed to take a shit, too. Cause he definately wasn't losing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 4th, 2006 01:43 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BLAK FOX
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BLAK FOX
Did he not have the plans for the death star on him?

From what I saw, neither one of them had any edge over another. it was a complete stalemate. I think the outcome of this fight would depend on who tires out the quickest.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 05:05 PM
Click here to Send BLAK FOX a Private Message Find more posts by BLAK FOX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by BLAK FOX
From what I saw, neither one of them had any edge over another. it was a complete stalemate. I think the outcome of this fight would depend on who tires out the quickest.

Glad that what you think is only your opinion. However, both the movie [from what I saw], the script from what I've read, and the obvious consensus all trumps your opinion.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Originally posted by Antediluvian
Unfortunately, It is.

Dooku was effectively defeated by Yoda. Bottom line.

Yep, 'cos we saw Yoda standing still and parrying Dooku's attacks? Oops!

That version of the script and therefore the novelisation, is not indicative of what happened...

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by Swirly Girl
Yep, 'cos we saw Yoda standing still and parrying Dooku's attacks? Oops!

That version of the script and therefore the novelisation, is not indicative of what happened...

Are you talking about the "doesn't budge an inch" bit? I'm pretty sure this is referring to his defenses, not his actual movements per se.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Not really. It's more implied that Yoda stands still, and Dooku hammers away at him.

If it is true, why do we never see Yoda unleashing blow after blow on Dooku. The fight was virtually a stalemate.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Their was not a victor nor was there a loser. This means it was a stalemate. I dont know why Yoda didnt attack in the force battle. Yes he did block the Counts force assaults with relative ease but there is no reason to say that Dooku couldnt block Yodas. And we cant say that because Dooku offered the lightsaber battle that he was losing the force battle. That is a massive assumption.
The lightsaber battle was also stalemated. We clearly see neither being able to hit the other. You keep saying Yoda didnt budge an inch. Whoopdi doo. He managed to block the Counts attacks. Nothing particularly special. We saw Dooku blocking Yodas attacks. Does that mean he was doing better. No. It doesnt. So that argument goes right out the door.
I will say that Yoda did what he came to do. Protected Kenobi and Anakin. But he didnt beat Dooku. Dooku left. Why we dont know. We just cant say that he left because he was losing, because it would only be an assumption.
If the battle had kept going Dooku would have won. They were both tiring and I hope we can agree that yoda would tire first because of their respective styles.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:50 PM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DePWNZOR

Ox, your so biased it's not even funny. No one pay attention to his comments.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:52 PM
Click here to Send DePWNZOR a Private Message Find more posts by DePWNZOR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

How is that biased. Whats biased is you saying that Yoda won the force battle when we saw him do NOTHING in the force battle and that Yoda won the lightsaber duel when nobody managed to defeat the other. That is biased.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

That he forced Dooku to pull otu his saber while doing 'nothing' is proof of his superiority....once more, Dooku ran and realized he couldn't win.
Quote from the adaptation: "Dooku realizes he is not the strongest after all."

Old Post May 4th, 2006 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Because Dooku pulled out his saber doesnt mean he lost the force battle!!!!!! It might mean that he thinks he can take Yoda out faster with a lightsaber than with the force because he was pressed for time. The place was swarming with jedi and he had the plans for the death star in his freakin pocket. Sounds like a good enough reason to get the hell out of there!

Old Post May 4th, 2006 08:07 PM
Lightsnake

I repeat: "Dooku realizes he is not the strongest after all."

Old Post May 4th, 2006 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Meh, it was made pretty clear that Yoda was Dooku's superior in the force.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 08:08 PM
Rampant ox

I dont understand how you can all think that Yoda is better in the force when he did nothing!!! He stopped the roof falling on him. So what. It was the Count that ripped the roof down in the first place. They stalemated because neither bet the other. There is absolutely no evidence what so ever that Yoda won. In fact I would say Dooku did because he actually did something. But I wont because it was clearly stalemated.
The lightsaber battle had to have stalemated because neither had won. They couldnt land a blow on their opponent. Or you could look at it like this. Yoda came to protect Kenobi/Anakin and succeeded. Meaning he won. Dooku initially went to the hangar to get into his ship and leave (as seen before Kenobi/Anakin arrived) and eventually managed to do that. Which means he also won. Whatever way you look at it they stalemated because neither defeated the other.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 03:50 AM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why is there even a thread about this? Yoda is the most powerful out of all the OT characters in terms of saber combat alone.

Facts, the Anti Fanboy solution

Old Post May 5th, 2006 04:01 AM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Yoda pwns Dooku in the force battle...

He says "Much to learn you still have" to Dooku, that's basically Yoda's equivalent of laughing at Dooku.

Its pretty obvious that Yoda wasent at all concerned with Dooku's force "assault".

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 5th, 2006 05:21 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Point taken but that doesnt mean he won the battle. If he was really as good as everyone thinks he is why didnt he finish Dooku off then and there with the force? He didnt which means it resulted in a stalemate. I dont doubt that Yoda might have been able to win but in that particular battle Yoda did nothing which means it stalemated.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 05:27 AM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why didn't he finish off Dooku? Lets see, he didn't come in there with the intention to kill anybody, Dooku threw that big boulder on top of Anakin and Obiwan so Yoda had to stop it, and you've just proven the point that Yoda is superior to Dooku by saying "Yoda did nothing and they stalemated". Obviously if Yoda was on his game, Dooku would have been owned.

Facts, the Anti Fanboy solution

Old Post May 5th, 2006 05:55 AM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

No, the point I am trying to make is how do you think Yoda won the force battle when he did nothing. It was stalemated because neither managed to beat the opponent. If Yoda had participated he MIGHT have won the force battle but he didnt so it ended up being a stalemate.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 06:23 AM
D-FENS

Dooku gets
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 5th, 2006 06:44 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote