KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Freedon Nadd & Darth Malak vs. Yoda & NJO Luke

Freedon Nadd & Darth Malak vs. Yoda & NJO Luke
Started by: Darth Kal-El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

What part of "That statement was made with no regard to EU" do you not understand? Yoda would be no match for any of the ancient sith, no matter what your brain tells you to believe.

Facts, the Anti Fanboy solution

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:11 PM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

It was written IN the EU. It takes full precedence over other EU sources, especiall since none of them say "The Ancient Sith would defeat Yoda."

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Janus, that's some strange reasoning...Nadd got killed in an Onderonian uprising. How could he possibly take Yoda, described as up to ROTS the strongest foe the Darkness had ever had? And own Luke? By NJO? Seriously...

For one, obscene hyperbole doesn't make Yoda better than any other jedi. I certainly didn't see Yoda defeating Dooku or Sidious with his uber badassness. If he's the best the light side has to offer (Which I strongly disagree with), then the jedi ****ing suck.

Two, NJO Luke loses because he doesn't impress me.

Oh wait, where have I heard that lame ass reason before? Let me guess...

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL... Damn lightsnake, if youre going to tell us that Yoda could stand up to the ancient sith, I'm going to tell you to go back to another year of exile from these forums.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:15 PM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Way to take my comments totally out of context. I see Dooku running away from Yoda though after realizing, to quote "He was not the strongest after all."

And obscene hyperbole? Strongest foe the darkness had ever known is clear cut as they come. Nadd, a half-trained Sith killed in an uprising beats two accomplished Jedi masters, both of whom have clearly shown themselves to possess great power?

hey, Td, out of curiosity...care to argue with the novelization? "Strongest foe." Hm...well, I don't see you proviidng anything to back things up minus your idiot ranting. Citations? ANYTHING?

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:15 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, because the novelization is absolute canon.. Oh wait..

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:19 PM
Advent
Just Leaving

One thing, tdtd.

quote:
What part of "That statement was made with no regard to EU" do you not understand? Yoda would be no match for any of the ancient sith, no matter what your brain tells you to believe.

It was in the novelization of the movie. You realize that anything stated in the novelizations, as long as it doesn't contradict the movie, is considered canon right? Therefore the "strongest foe the darkness had known" is true, and nothing in the EU says otherwise either. I don't really think he'd be the strongest (and I'm guessing it was only referring up to his life), but if the novelization states it, it is canon.

Though, Janus does make a good point lol.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

More canon than the comics. At most, it's g-level, just below the films. Film adaptations, where they don't contradict, tend to come quite high on the EU hierarchy...and going by any means:
C-canon, precedence level, Movie relation-wise, Newer sources rule...

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:20 PM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

And if the movies and EU don't contradict, theres nothing that makes the movie more canon then. That's like saying Yoda>NJO/DN Luke.. Let's be serious here, there are plenty of characters that are above Yoda. Lightsnake face it.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:22 PM
Lightsnake

......Nothing...that makes...the movies...more canon?

Dude....dude...movies take first and utter precedence. Do a single search on SW canon

Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Way to take my comments totally out of context. I see Dooku running away from Yoda though after realizing, to quote "He was not the strongest after all."

Dooku put up a pretty damn good fight, considering he's a fraction of Yoda's age and experience, and ideally a 900 year old jedi should be able to FUBAR everything. But Yoda can't. And Yoda didn't make inanimate objects resistant against lightsabers, cut off people from the force, create walls of light or any of that, even though he had every reason to do so. Hence, Yoda is not that uber in comparison with people like Vodo and Odan-Urr.

quote:

And obscene hyperbole? Strongest foe the darkness had ever known is clear cut as they come.

Where's this quote from? Dan Wallace's opinion? Didn't you get burned for buying into NEC hyperbole already?

quote:
Nadd, a half-trained Sith killed in an uprising beats two accomplished Jedi masters, both of whom have clearly shown themselves to possess great power?

Correction: Nadd, who was immensely powerful in the force (Enough to taint the planet for hundreds of years, instakill King Ommin, hell, his tomb in KotOR was riddled with darkside power...) and Malak, who regularly pwns jedi with his impressive force stasis ability and force lightning, not to mention top notch saber skills in his own era, put up a tremendous fight and I say- kill Yoda and put NJO Luke out of the fight.

Crystal clear now?

Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Amen

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:24 PM
Advent
Just Leaving

quote:
And if the movies and EU don't contradict, theres nothing that makes the movie more canon then. That's like saying Yoda>NJO/DN Luke..

It was referring to the most powerful opposition of that point, not everyone that wasn't even around yet, or at the least, wasn't fully trained.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:26 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes I understand that, lightsnake doesn't.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:27 PM
Lightsnake

Yoda is stated to be the storngest enemy the darkness had ever known, as well as having mastered all of the greatest and mightiest techniques of the Jedi. He's above Vodo. That's from the movie novelization and several other sources. Not the NEC at ALL. And Dooku';s damn good fight doesn't matter. He realized he was the weaker, he ran. Novelization substantiates it....oh, and a random Jedi in JvS makes a staff resistant to a lightsaber.

Instakill King Ommin? The boneless, dying blob on the floor?

Yes, crystal clear...you're either being intentionally facetious or you've lost the right to call anyone else a fanboy again.

Nadd dies instantly. Either one of these guys kill him on their own. Crystal Clear?

Last edited by Lightsnake on May 5th, 2006 at 10:31 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:28 PM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nadd dies instantly? Lightsnake I can see why you left this forum for a whole year or whatever it was, you are completely out of grip with reality, even if it is a Star Wars reality.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:32 PM
Lightsnake

Stop riding Janus's back and just try to back up your opinions.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:33 PM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't have to, Janus is doing the better work, I can agree with him because he's right, not to mention I already backed up my arguments conclusively a few posts earlier. Just because you tend to ignore the obvious, doesn't mean I don't back myself up. I'm assuming you've been on this forum the entire day, so I'll be back late tonight to destroy the rest of your half assed arguments.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:34 PM
Lightsnake

From the guy who says movies don't override EU, you have no right to talk about bad arguments

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:35 PM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure thing fanboy, I've had fun, I'll be back later, I hope youre in tune with reality then, otherwise the logical people on this forum will tear you to shreds.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 10:37 PM