KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 5
Started by: Dayscribe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (57): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Wow, I said that someone would have a problem as soon as the trailer came out. laughing out loud

Score one for me. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:23 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JToTheP
Well, I don't see what was so wrong with Raccoon City itself, why not just have the game in another city? Why a desert city that looks similar to Africa? And use RE4's gameplay as an excuse to manhandle them?

Have you ever thought that the fact the game takes place in Africa might have... oh, I dunno... something to do with the damn plot?

quote:
That village looks poor in the cutscenes

Uhh... yeah. News flash: Africa is the poorest continent in the world. That's not racism, it's realism.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:29 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

How are they expecting you to survive against 20x as much enemies on screen at once, and they are all a whole lot better and smart than RE4's ganados

I can tell this will get huge market sales by the KKK though

Last edited by SpadeKing on Aug 1st, 2007 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:29 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Have you ever thought that the fact the game takes place in Africa might have... oh, I dunno... something to do with the damn plot?

Uhh... yeah. News flash: Africa is the poorest continent in the world. That's not racism, it's realism.

Yeah, of course, obviously it does, black zombies to toss around.

Originally posted by SpadeKing
How are they expecting you to survive against 20x as much enemies on screen at once, and they are all a whole lot better and smart than RE4's ganados

I can tell this will get huge market sales by the KKK though

HAHA! Yeah, the KKK and Japan of course, and let's not forget ignorant people.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:35 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

HAHA! Yeah, the KKK and Japan of course, and let's not forget ignorant people.

sadly I'm still going to by this game can't help it

I have the gameplay trailer in my sig eek!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:37 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

sadly I'm still going to by this game can't help it

I have the gameplay trailer in my sig eek!

You mean RE4's game play with some melee action added to it.

I think this may be another game like Final Fantasy 7 that gets rave reviews and I may end up hating, but I also don't have a 360 yet so who knows.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:38 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

You mean RE4's game play with some melee action added to it.

I think this may be another game like Final Fantasy 7 that gets rave reviews and I may end up hating, but I also don't have a 360 yet so who knows.

RE5 with some dodging, tackling, and new enemie techniques

it will probably be better on the PS3 since its coming from Japan

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:42 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

RE5 with some dodging, tackling, and new enemie techniques

it will probably be better on the PS3 since its coming from Japan

Oh give me a break, Japan hates the Ps3, that's pretty obvious. The consoles do the SAME graphics, the DIFFERENCES are the CONTROLLERS AND SPECS. There's no reason to go into that.

Japan hates Ps3, RE5 is using 4's recycled game play to toss around black zombies, who 'magically' have pitchforks.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:43 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Well thanks for taking less than a second to think about any sort of point that contradicts yours.

Japan, being a mostly homogeneous country, generally does not intentionally engage in racism against black people. There is a whole long sad history in anime and manga exporting concerning Americans crying foul and Japanese not knowing what the hell they were going on about. Japan in general holds no especial animosity towards black people.

Your American principles are not automagically applied to everything.

Also, another fact: the original idea of "zombies" comes from voodoo, a religion that originated from - you guessed it - Africa. Clever way of giving a nod to the beginning of zombism.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:49 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Almost all zombies in the games have been white, you realise, and when Capcom takes a new turn and goes to Africa, which, by the way, the majority of people are black, people start bitching and whining. And about the pitchfork thing, do you think that people in a rural-ish area would have agriculture as an occupation? I do.

Seriously, people need to overreact less.

It would be the same if they moved it to an asian village too, people would be in some dumbass uproar about it and whining about racism.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:49 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Oh give me a break, Japan hates the Ps3, that's pretty obvious. The consoles do the SAME graphics, the DIFFERENCES are the CONTROLLERS AND SPECS. There's no reason to go into that.

Japan hates Ps3, RE5 is using 4's recycled game play to toss around black zombies, who 'magically' have pitchforks.

but htey hate the 360 more cause its not their creation its basically rivaling them so they would want the PS3 version to look better so people would go buy the ps3 for just that one game =\

and I'm not considering this game racist until i see in game proof

Last edited by SpadeKing on Aug 1st, 2007 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:51 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Well thanks for taking less than a second to think about any sort of point that contradicts yours.

Japan, being a mostly homogeneous country, generally does not intentionally engage in racism against black people. There is a whole long sad history in anime and manga exporting concerning Americans crying foul and Japanese not knowing what the hell they were going on about. Japan in general holds no especial animosity towards black people.

Your American principles are not automagically applied to everything.

Also, another fact: the original idea of "zombies" comes from voodoo, a religion that originated from - you guessed it - Africa. Clever way of giving a nod to the beginning of zombism.

So what, 5 is suppose to be full of voodoo wishers as well now just because of history? If the Japanese did Manhunt 2 instead of Rockstar London and Canada, it would be OKAY to be put out because of their twisted history of Manga, Hentai, and all that twisted shit.

Seriously, people need to overreact less.

It would be the same if they moved it to an asian village too, people would be in some dumbass uproar about it and whining about racism.

The Japanese would never put the game in Asia, because it would be trashing orientals period.

Regardless, it's things like this that make me miss the original trilogy even more. I never said they had to kill off Joseph in the intro, or Kenneth via his tape, they chose too. I always thought Carlos was pretty bad ass though, and am glad he's back in Umbrella Chronicles.

I do as well wish some of RE 1.5's ideas went through, like Kendo surviving, Marvin and Annette going through the sewers with Leon.

Last edited by JToTheP on Aug 1st, 2007 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:52 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

So what, 5 is suppose to be full of voodoo wishers as well now just because of history? If the Japanese did Manhunt 2 instead of Rockstar London and Canada, it would be OKAY to be put out because of their twisted history of Manga, Hentai, and all that twisted shit.

No one said that kind of nonsense was 'okay', J. It's just that the Japanese, having their own morals and upbringings that differ distinctly from North American culture, do not realise when they offend N. American customs and morals. As Kaliero pointed out, things like this have happened in the past, but by no means should Capcom be slammed because of it.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:56 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

of course they wouldnt put it in asia, no one there would like the idea of one of us attacking them...

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:57 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh god, you sound like Fist of the North. JP

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:57 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra

you sound black, so what are your outlooks on this game?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:59 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by DarkC
No one said that kind of nonsense was 'okay', J. It's just that the Japanese, having their own morals and upbringings that differ distinctly from North American culture, do not realise when they offend N. American customs and morals. As Kaliero pointed out, things like this have happened in the past, but by no means should Capcom be slammed because of it.

Things like this happen ALL the time, horror movies are as big joke now about the black guy dying first. Marvin in RE2.

of course they wouldnt put it in asia, no one there would like the idea of one of us attacking them...

Well of course, they themselves would never make it, and if we did, we'd get slammed by them.

Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra

What the HELL is fist of the north?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:59 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Things like this happen ALL the time, horror movies are as big joke now about the black guy dying first. Marvin in RE2.

And he was acknowleged as a fellow comrade and a friend by Leon when he was walking through the station. Simply because he gets killed by Leon later (out of necessity anyways) does not mean it's scorning blacks. Was he scorned when he died? No.

I have not seen many horror movies but I can think of one instance where the black guy dies in the MIDDLE, not FIRST. SAW II.

Blacks aren't detrimental in movies, they're just like everyone else now. Hell, sometimes they recieve special treatment on the silver screen. Bruce and Evan Almighty depicted a black man as GOD.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 06:03 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

It doesn't matter because the game will come out anyway, it will sell really well, and reviewers, and players will never care that it's RE4's recycled game play, and why would they, it was great.

This shit happens everyday, and Japan gets glorified for it somehow regardless, and always comes out making a shitload of money. So who cares, I will or won't play the game it doesn't matter.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 06:04 PM
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

Was it not the gun shop owner who got killed first?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 06:06 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote