KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Hooray no more Pierce Brosnan as James Bond

Hooray no more Pierce Brosnan as James Bond
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dresta

i would have siad that Brosnan was the second best Bond, after Connery.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 01:47 AM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkfloydkor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dresta

yea

i would have to agree

thanks LifeInSepia, sig is AWESOME

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 02:35 AM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

Originally posted by johnny cash fan
the new bond rocks.
pierce brosnan's acting was getting old.
the last bond he was in seemed stale, like week old french bread.
but you cant blame it all on him.
the directors give him cheesy typical lines.

..You call that acting?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 06:55 AM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Man you two guys cant spot horrible acting when its right there in front of your eyes. big grin

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 12:21 AM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Man you two guys cant spot horrible acting when its right there in front of your eyes. big grin

of course... or maybe its just you.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tallyblack

I agree absolutely with Mr.Parker! wink

same for me: 1 = Moore, 2 = Connery
3 = Brosnan 4 = Dalton

no the classification for Craig and Lazenby, of bad imitations! sleep

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 11:32 PM
tallyblack is currently offline Click here to Send tallyblack a Private Message Find more posts by tallyblack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by pr1983
of course... or maybe its just you.

and maybe they have the same logic that you-a man-spider fan has. big grin

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 10:56 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by tallyblack
I agree absolutely with Mr.Parker! wink

same for me: 1 = Moore, 2 = Connery
3 = Brosnan 4 = Dalton

no the classification for Craig and Lazenby, of bad imitations! sleep

see this poster for the most part can spot good acting.She ALSO realises Moore and connery were much better.I disagree with her though on putting Dalton behind the horrible acting of Brosnan though obviously.Dalton was better and should have stayed on if they wanted to continue the Bond series and Craig is easily much better than Brosnan as well.I put him ahead of Dalton also.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 10:59 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

and maybe they have the same logic that you-a man-spider fan has. big grin

hmm... the same logic shared by more people than would share yours...

your speaking matter of factly again, thats an awful habit...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 01:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

those same people are allso the same people that are ignorant enough though to allow hollywood to brainwash them and cant think for themselves though. stick out tongue they have been so brainwashed by hollywood that they are incapable of thinking for themselves.fact.can either aceept it or live in denial on it. big grin

Last edited by Mr Parker on Dec 16th, 2006 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:09 PM
Rampant ox

Connery certainly played the best Bond, likewise Brosnan looked most like the part. However looks can only take you so far without the personality to back you up. In terms of being Bond, Brosnan fell short by a considerable amount. My personal favourite is Connery, followed very closely by Moore.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 11:33 PM
Rampant ox is currently offline Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

those same people are allso the same people that are ignorant enough though to allow hollywood to brainwash them and cant think for themselves though. stick out tongue they have been so brainwashed by hollywood that they are incapable of thinking for themselves.fact.can either aceept it or live in denial on it. big grin

wow, a conspiracy theory... how the mighty have fallen... well, thats assuming you were mighty in the first place, which you weren't... erm

Originally posted by Rampant ox
Connery certainly played the best Bond, likewise Brosnan looked most like the part. However looks can only take you so far without the personality to back you up. In terms of being Bond, Brosnan fell short by a considerable amount. My personal favourite is Connery, followed very closely by Moore.

i think brosnan was a fine bond personally, i thought goldeneye was one of the best ever bond movies... he brought something to the role that hadnt been there before imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 01:27 AM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Rampant ox

you my friend got logic and common sense. thumb up Yeah Brosnan was just being Brosnan in the Bond movies.He has been good in some other movies but he failed miserably in his portrayal of Bond.Like i said earlier,they should have stuck with Dalton since they insisted on continuing the series. mad

Last edited by Mr Parker on Dec 19th, 2006 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 10:57 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Yeah I also am happy they got rid of Brosnan. I didn't like him as well as I did Connery and Moore.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 11:34 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

Originally posted by DraconianDevil
But Jude Law, no no no definatly not.

Agreed! There's no way he could pull off Bond

Madness, as you know, is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:19 AM
Roulette is currently offline Click here to Send Roulette a Private Message Find more posts by Roulette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gfk,ggkhjyj

Sorry but what excactly do you find bad in brosnan?????ok..you say that he plays the same as he was playing in remington steele..right??ok..Remington steele was a VERY-VERY succesful tv series with a LOT-LOT of fans!also...james bond is not like YOU imagine him(like Jude Law,with trendy clothes or something:P---this could be disgusting for a bond movie)..is like ian fleming imagined him!With CLASSIC STYLE(even old fashioned), WITH HUMOR,AND CHARMING!.....Pierce brosnan has ALL tose qualifications!and there are million of people out there to confirm what i am saying!!Sorry!And of course he passed his lines because these "lines" happened to be very similar to IAN FLEMING S JAMES BOND!....If those lines was not similar to Bond lines then the producers would have fired him...so..try to think like a bond fun!not like Spider-Man fun!James bond is not a trendy muscular freak like those you see in comics! :P

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 01:23 AM
gfk,ggkhjyj is currently offline Click here to Send gfk,ggkhjyj a Private Message Find more posts by gfk,ggkhjyj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dr-susan723

Yeah, Pierce Brosnan wasn't very suitable for this role. It was really wierd to see him on the screen as Bond. He is a good actor ,but he doesn't have that kind of quality.
Personally, I think Roger Moore was the best James Bond. He's humorous and polite.More like a gentleman than a spy. Connery was a more classical Bond.

Friendship is the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:17 AM
dr-susan723 is currently offline Click here to Send dr-susan723 a Private Message Find more posts by dr-susan723 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gfk,ggkhjyj

No Dalton wasn't good,and also Craig is not good(NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!)As about Moore...i DON'T like him..i don't....!!..it isn't nice to see people who look so "cold",(not cool!!),to play bond!Pierce brosnan was very qualified actor and very handsome guy(much more hansome and charming than Moore and Dalton )so he was very nice as bond!ALSO BOND IS A SPY!IS NOT JUST A GENTLE MAN!!SO...he must do some ACTION!!not to walk like a 60 year old man or to talk-talk all the the time and telling jokes(like Moore did)..!!Also to be a playboy like pierce brosnan looks like!!NOW WHAT THE F.... PLAYBOY COULD DANIEL CRAIG BE!?????IT SEEMS FAKE!!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 12:01 PM
gfk,ggkhjyj is currently offline Click here to Send gfk,ggkhjyj a Private Message Find more posts by gfk,ggkhjyj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pure Passioné
..::Fallen angel::..

Originally posted by Dresta

I would have to agree with you.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 01:47 PM
Pure Passioné is currently offline Click here to Send Pure Passioné a Private Message Find more posts by Pure Passioné Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by dr-susan723
Yeah, Pierce Brosnan wasn't very suitable for this role. It was really wierd to see him on the screen as Bond. He is a good actor ,but he doesn't have that kind of quality.
Personally, I think Roger Moore was the best James Bond. He's humorous and polite.More like a gentleman than a spy. Connery was a more classical Bond.

you gal got good taste. thumb up

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 10:06 PM