KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 3227 3228 [3229] 3230 3231 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
The way I see it, certain men have to do those shit jobs because they lack the social/emotional intelligence (that women typically have more of than men) to do the social work women do.

Now who's fault is it?

Just to clarify, you do also agree that the gender pay gap is due to women's lifestyle choices, and is thus their own fault too, right?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kurk
(please log in to view the image)
NGL, funniest shit I've ever seen.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:39 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MythLord
I loved it, but my love for it is dwindling ever since Kurk started getting a boner for Raven.

Trust me, I tried watching it a few years ago to see if it lives up to the hype and nostalgia. It doesn't. It isn't remotely on the level of modern shows.

JLU kicks the shit out of it quality wise too.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

JLU is prolly the best animated superhero show out there, tbh.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 10:11 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Kurk, when you hang yourself live on stream, can you make sure you leave a link in the Battle Bar first?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 10:25 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
The show wasn't even that good ffs.
The messages in that show, the camaraderie shared among the titans, the character development, the appropriate balance of dark and humorous themes, has brought tears to my eyes at age 19—and as a self-admitted Machiavellian nevertheless. I enjoyed watching it as a kid, but having rewatched it now that I can fully understand analyze everything, I realize how much of a gem it is.

As for how you personally don't like the show, I can't comment without more explanation.

Originally posted by Trocity
Just to clarify, you do also agree that the gender pay gap is due to women's lifestyle choices, and is thus their own fault too, right?

Well, duh.

Originally posted by MythLord
JLU is prolly the best animated superhero show out there, tbh.

I never liked it as a kid. I will try to rewatch it at some point.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Its mediocre. The only thing particularly notable about it was Ron Perlman's impeccable voice acting and Raven's absurdly sexual outfit.

TT GO is better tbh.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its mediocre. The only thing particularly notable about it was Ron Perlman's impeccable voice acting and Raven's absurdly sexual outfit.

TT GO is better tbh.
Well that answers it pretty clearly. TT Go and the original are two completely different shows. The former is a goofy slap-comedy with from what I can tell zero long-term plot development. It mocks the original and goes into themes that makes me question how the hell it's considered a kids' show.

You simply can't compare the two. TT Go is closer to Chowder and The Amazing World of Gumball than it is to the original TT lol.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I only mentioned it to mess with you, lol.

GO is pretty good though. I laughed pretty hard at it when I was still keeping up with it.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:56 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I only mentioned it to mess with you, lol.

GO is pretty good though. I laughed pretty hard at it when I was still keeping up with it.

I occasionally watch clips of it on Youtube. I enjoyed the scene where Control Freak shows them their original versions and they agree that it was far superior to what they are now.

I also liked the scenes of Raven's emoticlones and even her being a brony.

It requires a completely different mindset for me to watch it than the original.

So I will ask again, what makes you think the original was mediocre? If it was because you were disappointed after coming from TT Go, I understand, but if not that why?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:07 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The best episodes are the ones where they piss all over the butthurt fanboys of the original.

No, I watched it before I watched TT GO. I thought it was simply not that great. The first few episodes sucked so I looked up a list of the best episodes and watched them and they were merely ok. The characters and plots aren't anything special, the comedy is bad and the action is mediocre.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:12 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

The best episodes are the ones where they piss all over the butthurt fanboys of the original.

No, I watched it before I watched TT GO. I thought it was simply not that great. The first few episodes sucked so I looked up a list of the best episodes and watched them and they were merely ok. The characters and plots aren't anything special, the comedy is bad and the action is mediocre.
Yeah, the episode where they defeat Slade in a cutscene comes to mind.

You only consider the Raven-Trigon episodes mediocre?

The comedy is well placed and often discrete IMO. I remember when they dropped subtle SW references (referring to Jek Porkins).

I mean c'mon Raven's deadpan sarcasm? You can't disagree that it was great.

It's anime so I don't watch it for action; even so Slade and Robin's fight scenes were pretty memorable.

I will say that the plots were always extremely predictable and cliche, but I watch for character development.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:19 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 12:34 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

bro no one likes that degenerate teen titanium random please stop

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 12:39 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
bro no one likes that degenerate teen titanium random please stop
Excuse me? Did I read that correctly? Please clarify what you meant to say before I go completely livid on your ass.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 01:05 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No one in a 3,959 mile radius likes Raven.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 01:10 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

So just to be 100%, crystal clear, did you just say Raven is a "degenerate"?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 01:12 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

She looks like the spawn of Vision w/ the mind stone and a grey toaster.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 01:13 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

She looks like the spawn of Vision w/ the mind stone and a grey toaster.
Be glad that I do not know who those characters are.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 01:15 AM