KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 3230 3231 [3232] 3233 3234 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I feel you. I'm a fan of Lego Star Wars Vader. Not a fan of his canon portrayals though. Sith Lord? I prefer him a little more jokey and completely not like his source material
That's cool. See, I actually acknowledge that Slade's/Deathstroke's role as a criminal mastermind working in the shadows is not as he's primarily/originally portrayed as, and as such, I don't force it down the throats of his fans.

It's not like I'm cherry picking his feats; it's a completely different portrayal of a character.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Right, you like Deathstroke pretending he's Darkseid for 17 episodes, but you don't like Deathstroke acting like Deathstroke for hundreds (close to 1000) of comics.

"Hey I see you got a Deathstroke sig, you keeping up with his current series?"
"I don't even like comic Slade and I would prefer if you called him Slade or at least referred to him as Slade/Deathstroke, please and thank you."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 09:58 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Right, you like Deathstroke pretending he's Darkseid for 17 episodes, but you don't like Deathstroke acting like Deathstroke for hundreds (close to 1000) of comics.

"Hey I see you got a Deathstroke sig, you keeping up with his current series?"
"I don't even like comic Slade and I would prefer if you called him Slade or at least referred to him as Slade/Deathstroke, please and thank you."
Honestly I'm not all that familiar with Deathstroke in the DC universe. I only know a handful of info from respect threads and the wiki forums. I've never read the comics for myself.

From what I've gathered thus far, he's more of a Darth Maul assassin character than he is like Dooku or Thrawn.

I enjoy that TT Slade is a master pre-planner villain; always running the show behind scenes (symbolized by his awesome lairs with giant gear-driven machines) while his lackeys do the dirty work for him. He is calm, collected, calculating, and intimidating. He only appears when he has an advantage and retreats the moment it is compromised: A cautious man.

Despite working in the shadows, he's still demonstrated to be a lethal fighting machine when need be. I also prefer his signature look with the steel armor and smooth flowing mask and outfit. More importantly to me, Slade doesn't rely on firearms and gadgets to get the job done (unlike his primary iteration); rather all he needs is his martial arts prowess and occasionally a bo-staff. That's it. Raw skill and discipline.

He is ruthless, ambitious, manipulating, intelligent, relentless, yet appropriately sarcastic when need be.

I enjoy villains who rely on their intelligence and craftiness to succeed moreso than their physical prowess. DC Deathstroke does not fit this description for the most part from what I understand. Feel free to sway my mind though.

I'll even remove "Deathstroke" from my signature as well. Then the hypothetical convo you included wouldn't happen, as a hardcore deathstroke fan wouldn't bother with some Teen Titan Slade loving normie, am I right?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 11:03 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Pretty insane that Kurk is this obsessed with a shitty kids show.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 11:10 PM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Pretty insane that Kurk is this obsessed with a shitty kids show.
As is your obsession with needing to point this out every chance you get.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 11:23 PM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by Kurk
As is your obsession with needing to point this out every chance you get.

Where else have I mentioned your obsession?

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 11:42 PM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Where else have I mentioned your obsession?
Touché. I tend to group all of the critics together; understandably I confuse you for others.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 11:56 PM
cs_zoltan

What's wrong with you?

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 12:10 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Honestly I'm not all that familiar with Deathstroke in the DC universe. I only know a handful of info from respect threads and the wiki forums. I've never read the comics for myself.

From what I've gathered thus far, he's more of a Darth Maul assassin character than he is like Dooku or Thrawn.

I enjoy that TT Slade is a master pre-planner villain; always running the show behind scenes (symbolized by his awesome lairs with giant gear-driven machines) while his lackeys do the dirty work for him. He is calm, collected, calculating, and intimidating. He only appears when he has an advantage and retreats the moment it is compromised: A cautious man.

Despite working in the shadows, he's still demonstrated to be a lethal fighting machine when need be. I also prefer his signature look with the steel armor and smooth flowing mask and outfit. More importantly to me, Slade doesn't rely on firearms and gadgets to get the job done (unlike his primary iteration); rather all he needs is his martial arts prowess and occasionally a bo-staff. That's it. Raw skill and discipline.

He is ruthless, ambitious, manipulating, intelligent, relentless, yet appropriately sarcastic when need be.

I enjoy villains who rely on their intelligence and craftiness to succeed moreso than their physical prowess. DC Deathstroke does not fit this description for the most part from what I understand. Feel free to sway my mind though.

I'll even remove "Deathstroke" from my signature as well. Then the hypothetical convo you included wouldn't happen, as a hardcore deathstroke fan wouldn't bother with some Teen Titan Slade loving normie, am I right?
laughing out loud

Like I said, Darkseid.

I'm not here to convince you to read the source material, I'm just piling on with you being a casual fan. You're the Portal fan who buys the Portal gun without having played the games in other words. It seems very casual when people go gaga over a character or thing without actually seeking out the source material, or just don't want to.

If you're actually curious about the character, there are posters here who can give you a rundown of him. Vangard for instance. Sites where you can read his solo run and see what you think.
And if you're curious about Darkseid, same thing.

And if you aren't... this is how people are going to see you. Removing "Deathstroke" doesn't change much if anything.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 12:11 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

While Kurk is rather pathetic he is right about this from what I've seen of the comics version. He's just a boring Gary Sue antihero. The only good thing I've seen of him was when a drunk Superman pretended to be Bruce Wayne and kicked his ass.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 12:22 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I don't even like either Deathstroke. I'm just saying a normal person would want to delve a little deeper into their newfound love, not hang onto something that has been dead longer than Ike Turner.

It'd be different if there wasn't material out there. Trying to learn if you like a character from respect threads doesn't work either. "I liked when he kicked Batman, but I didn't like when Batman kicked him". Says nothing of character.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 12:35 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't even like either Deathstroke. I'm just saying a normal person would want to delve a little deeper into their newfound love, not hang onto something that has been dead longer than Ike Turner.

It'd be different if there wasn't material out there. Trying to learn if you like a character from respect threads doesn't work either. "I liked when he kicked Batman, but I didn't like when Batman kicked him". Says nothing of character.
The thing is, I "dipped my toes" into the Deathstroke pool only to withdraw immediately. Like I already covered, he's a completely different character.

Something similar is happening to Raven as we speak. My Comicvine peers have been exposing me to her comic iterations, and as a result I'm beginning to like Raven less. She too is portrayed differently in select comics when compared to her animated iteration; going from a strong, no-nonsense maverick to an ordinary emo highschool teenager involved in social gossip and petty shit. It's revolting and the more I'm exposed to it the closer Raven comes to getting the boot.

So dwelling more into my newfound love would probably cause them to be so no longer, if that makes sense.

What you're saying is like trying to watch Teen Titans Go! to enjoy the original characters more when they're obviously nothing like the originals lol.

Last edited by Kurk on Mar 24th, 2018 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 12:44 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Might be one of the worst analogies I've ever scene.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 01:15 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The thing is, I "dipped my toes" into the Deathstroke pool only to withdraw immediately. Like I already covered, he's a completely different character.

Something similar is happening to Raven as we speak. My Comicvine peers have been exposing me to her comic iterations, and as a result I'm beginning to like Raven less. She too is portrayed differently in select comics when compared to her animated iteration; going from a strong, no-nonsense maverick to an ordinary emo highschool teenager involved in social gossip and petty shit. It's revolting and the more I'm exposed to it the closer Raven comes to getting the boot.

So dwelling more into my newfound love would probably cause them to be so no longer, if that makes sense.

What you're saying is like trying to watch Teen Titans Go! to enjoy the original characters more when they're obviously nothing like the originals lol.
I don't have the free time to spend on KMC like I used to, but I just wanted to take a moment to let you know you are one of my absolute all-time favorite shitposters. Glancing in here every now and then and seeing you make weird creepy posts about a fourteen year old heroine from a children's cartoon and pairing her with an eighty year old aristocratic sociopath from Star Wars always gives me a laugh.

Keep up the good work man, I mean it. thumb up

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 07:27 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SheGotHerOwn
Restricted

Account Restricted

^indeed, kurk is the hero we need but don't deserve

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 08:38 AM
Click here to Send SheGotHerOwn a Private Message Find more posts by SheGotHerOwn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Slade was pretty cool yeah, don’t know this deathstoke guy.

Also the brain man in the jar. 😌

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 12:20 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Slade was pretty cool yeah, don’t know this deathstoke guy.

Also the brain man in the jar. 😌
Yes, The Brain was my second favorite after Slade. Too bad he's married to a anthropomorphic gorilla.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 12:22 PM
MythLord
Diamond

I always liked Mumbo Jumbo.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 02:58 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord
I always liked Mumbo Jumbo.
I couldn't take any of the goofy "villains" (trouble-makers is more the appropriate term) seriously; I feel ashamed to say that those episodes caused me to get more butthurt than I should have over a kids show.

Something about a magical puppet, an ice-king-sounding magician, hillbillies, a juvenile delinquent biker, and an old wanker Brit getting the best of the titans really pissed me off. Pathetic I know.

The only nice thing about Mumbo was his catchy song and how CUTE bunny Raven was.

Seriously, how did those individuals get into positions of power?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 04:13 PM
MythLord
Diamond

I mean... It's a kids show, that's the layer of comedy. Also, they never outright beat the Titans, just hold the high ground for a bit.

Mumbo is a legitimately powerful sorceror, he just doesn't have a stick up his arse all the time and enjoys a bit of comedy.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 05:16 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote