KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 3247 3248 [3249] 3250 3251 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I don't give a single ****ing shit about the books. We're discussing the show.

Even if we assume that her plan was "necessary" (it's not) it doesn't change the fact that the direct consequence and end-result of that plan is her death. Her goal is to retain power of Westeros and she's going to fail to achieve that.

Well he makes it perfectly clear that timelines are fine, the books are just not always in order. The show writers say the same thing, Bryan Cogman has talked about it before and says it's a pacing issue, and I feel like it's rather abundant that slightly skewed timescales, condensed at certain points, is much more preferable to watching a character spend 8 episodes on a journey and then dominate the final two.

Duly noted that you think a chance of death and 100% confirmed death are essentially the same thing. Tell you what, I'll pop to America and fire a gun randomly into the air, then you can jump in front of a train just in case the bullet hits you smile

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The show has always had awful pacing, with armies and fleets teleporting to wherever the writers need them to. It cheapens the narrative and in the case of Cersei is just exacerbates the fact that she's a total writers-pet.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 04:52 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Selenial
Well he makes it perfectly clear that timelines are fine, the books are just not always in order. The show writers say the same thing, Bryan Cogman has talked about it before and says it's a pacing issue, and I feel like it's rather abundant that slightly skewed timescales, condensed at certain points, is much more preferable to watching a character spend 8 episodes on a journey and then dominate the final two.

Duly noted that you think a chance of death and 100% confirmed death are essentially the same thing. Tell you what, I'll pop to America and fire a gun randomly into the air, then you can jump in front of a train just in case the bullet hits you smile
Nah, the timelines blow. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Gendry makes it back to the Wall, a raven makes its way back to Daenerys, and Daenerys proceeds to fly her dragon all the way past the Wall to save Jon and friends who have been huddled together surrounded by an army of Wights and White Walkers. It is asinine to even entertain the notion that they were there for much more than a day without dying of Frostbite, yet all of this happened during this period.

Furthermore, in less than a week (explicit timeframe given by the Iron Bank directly after Cersei deals with the prisoners Euron brought her) Euron fed his men, had them re-equipped after their defeat of Yara's fleet, brought them from the Red Keep westward (and right past Dragonstone btw, how exactly did he sneak his fleet past Daenerys' fleet and, more importantly, her dragons? Why can he bring his entire armada to the red keep and out with impunity?), brought them south past the southern tip of the continent, then west past the western tip, then brought them north all the way to Casterly Rock. Once again, in less than a week.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 07:58 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by NemeBro
Nah, the timelines blow. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Gendry makes it back to the Wall, a raven makes its way back to Daenerys, and Daenerys proceeds to fly her dragon all the way past the Wall to save Jon and friends who have been huddled together surrounded by an army of Wights and White Walkers. It is asinine to even entertain the notion that they were there for much more than a day without dying of Frostbite, yet all of this happened during this period.

Furthermore, in less than a week (explicit timeframe given by the Iron Bank directly after Cersei deals with the prisoners Euron brought her) Euron fed his men, had them re-equipped after their defeat of Yara's fleet, brought them from the Red Keep westward (and right past Dragonstone btw, how exactly did he sneak his fleet past Daenerys' fleet and, more importantly, her dragons? Why can he bring his entire armada to the red keep and out with impunity?), brought them south past the southern tip of the continent, then west past the western tip, then brought them north all the way to Casterly Rock. Once again, in less than a week.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Actually, the first one isn't a timeline issue. Like you say, them not dying of hypothermia is the issue. The laws of physics help us establish a timeline in that instance though with the freezing of the lake, which would take a substantial amount of time to freeze in those conditions enough to carry an army of the dead. Gendry's the wildcard there, but as far as I know we don't know how close the lake was to the wall so it could work.

The Iron fleet one is semi ****ed though, I'll admit. It was two weeks though, not one, and as I mention, there's not actually anything to suggest Cersei immediately went to confront the Iron Bank after Euron's delivery of the slaves. For all we know, it had been several days. What's to say he hadn't already started the journey as well? Genuine questions here, maybe I'm wrong.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 10:03 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The.D0minator
Restricted

Account Restricted

imagine thinking cersei is actually smart in the show, and not simply protected by PIS and shit writing

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 10:05 AM
Click here to Send The.D0minator a Private Message Find more posts by The.D0minator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

imagine lacking the comprehension to realise everyone saying she’s grown more intelligent has admitted it’s only due to shit writing

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 04:04 PM
The.D0minator
Restricted

Account Restricted

imagine insinuating i lack comprehension when you misread my entire post

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 06:40 PM
Click here to Send The.D0minator a Private Message Find more posts by The.D0minator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Finished Book 2 of Avatar The Last Airbender.

Man, what an awesome episode to end a season on. Seeing Azula manipulate the Dai Li in order to take over Ba Sing Se, reminiscent of the imperial bureaucracy in ancient China, was a joy to watch.

My favorite characters:

Azula
Toph
Suki
Iroh

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Selenial
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Actually, the first one isn't a timeline issue. Like you say, them not dying of hypothermia is the issue. The laws of physics help us establish a timeline in that instance though with the freezing of the lake, which would take a substantial amount of time to freeze in those conditions enough to carry an army of the dead. Gendry's the wildcard there, but as far as I know we don't know how close the lake was to the wall so it could work.

The Iron fleet one is semi ****ed though, I'll admit. It was two weeks though, not one, and as I mention, there's not actually anything to suggest Cersei immediately went to confront the Iron Bank after Euron's delivery of the slaves. For all we know, it had been several days. What's to say he hadn't already started the journey as well? Genuine questions here, maybe I'm wrong.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I just refuse to believe that they genuinely intended for the lapse in time to be more than a week because, if so, the writing is even more awful than if Daenerys, the raven, and Gendry being able to break the sound barrier. That would just be an oversight from simple-minded writers. Actually having Jon and the boys sit on a little island for weeks with no food (IIRC) surrounded by the army of the dead is braindead. The lake freezing more quickly is fairly easily explained by the presence of multiple White Walkers (it should have frozen back up in minutes at most tbh). Though there is nothing justifying them not just killing Jon's crew from a distance, given that later in the episode we see that the Night King can throw a javelin with the kinetic energy of a .50 caliber anti-material rifle.

Are you sure it was two weeks? I remember the timeframe given being half a fortnight. And I'm nearly positive that Cersei explicitly attending her meeting with the Iron Bank directly after her handling of the sneks. There might be a time lapse between when Euron delivered the prisoners and when Cersei bamboozled the sneks, but given the circumstances I can't imagine it would have been long, and Euron would have still had to restock on supplies to feed and arm his men, before going on his trip literally around and to the other side of the continent (and once again right past Daenerys, with her somehow none the wiser lmao).

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 06:34 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Kurk
Finished Book 2 of Avatar The Last Airbender.

Man, what an awesome episode to end a season on. Seeing Azula manipulate the Dai Li in order to take over Ba Sing Se, reminiscent of the imperial bureaucracy in ancient China, was a joy to watch.

My favorite characters:

Azula
Toph
Suki
Iroh
In a hypothetical romantic relationship between Azula and Raven, who is emotionally and/or sexually dominant iyo?

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 06:35 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
In a hypothetical romantic relationship between Azula and Raven, who is emotionally and/or sexually dominant iyo?

If I was looking for a true soul-mate and someone to relate to I might choose Raven. If I was looking for a sith apprentice who I would expect to eventually kill and succeed me I would choose Azula.

Suki would be a confidante b4 Azula tbh.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 10:35 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

you completely misread the question

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 05:36 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NewGuy01
you completely misread the question
I see it now...I feel both embarrassed by my rushed response and disturbed by the question referring to homosexuality.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 06:12 PM
NemeBro

smile

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 06:51 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

and disturbed by the question referring to homosexuality.

Why?

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Why?
Cuz I could never Raven being lesbian; Azula I could see experimenting with Ty Lee or Mai, but that's really it.

NemeBro's question was pretty random.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 12:17 AM
NemeBro

Azula I could see experimenting with Ty Lee
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 24th, 2018 06:28 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Started reading the Bane trilogy; not sure why people think it's poorly written. Definitely not Stover quality, but for sure much better better than Dark Disciple.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 04:05 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

It gets worse as it goes. Not that it ever gets as bad as Dark Disciple.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 04:17 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

PoD is actually not bad, it's RoT and DoE that are the offenders.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote