KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Can Wolverine die?

Can Wolverine die?
Started by: SuperTrevor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vensai

You can drown him. It helps that his skeleton is quite heavy and makes swimming difficult.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 10:57 PM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ He can drown or be buried for a forum win. But he still might not actually die. They've made the little midget completely indestructible over the years.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 11:11 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

So Wolverine makes the unfortunate choice of pissing off someone like Klaw on a bad day and anti-metal is used to turn his indestructible skeleton into slag. How could he survive that?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 02:03 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

There are 2 types of Vibranium. Wakandan(the famous kind that's in Black Panther's suit),and Antartic(AKA Anti-Metal, which generates a frequency that molecularly destabilizes all metal in a certain vicinity)

Claw doesn't have anti-metal

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 02:47 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Salthasha
616 is bs, its nonsense it was created in july 83 by marvel uk, it created alternate earths yeah that worked out well for dc. Its stupid to tell me that its cannon when the material I have been stating as true cannon predates the idiocy of alternate earths. example, 1985 giant sized x men and the x men books leading up to clairemont up to his retirement. THAT IS CANNON. not that idiotic 616 nonsense you people keep spouting off about.
You can spout all you want about 616 but marvel is reeling to exercise itself of that idiocy at this point.

So tell me i know nothing of the x men I will put my collection and resource material up against any of yours, and if you want to choose obscure events in other books as relating to wolverine canon then your deluding yourself. The uncanny x men is his source material.

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by KingD19
There are 2 types of Vibranium. Wakandan(the famous kind that's in Black Panther's suit),and Antartic(AKA Anti-Metal, which generates a frequency that molecularly destabilizes all metal in a certain vicinity)

Claw doesn't have anti-metal

Yeah, people keep forgetting that.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 01:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Regardless, can Wolverine survive having his bones melted to a puddle? Anti-Metal blades can also cut through adamantium.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 12:11 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Regardless, can Wolverine survive having his bones melted to a puddle? Anti-Metal blades can also cut through adamantium.

Probably not, but the writers could make that happen anyway.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 05:47 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Regardless, can Wolverine survive having his bones melted to a puddle?

I hope not for his sake.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 09:57 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

In short. Yes.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Apr 27th, 2013 08:24 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Pre-Weapon X version survived nuking Hiroshima, a point-blank tank missile, repeated incineration...

I don't see melted skeleton being a problem.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2013 09:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

So he can come back from basically being a puddle of organs with mass of indestructible slag in the middle? Would his body somehow, pulse out from around the metal and then regrow a regular skeleton? I mean he can regenerate the adamantium that's bonded to his periosteum but it's not like he can reshape it.

I don't buy this whole toxic adamantium thing either. It has to be something unique to Wolverine considering the procedure was intended for humans and Bullseye ran around with an almost entirely bonded skeleton for years with no ill effect. Quite the opposite in fact.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 02:22 AM
Charle2sdorr
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean if his arm was cut off would he grow it back?(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 03:32 AM
Charle2sdorr is currently offline Click here to Send Charle2sdorr a Private Message Find more posts by Charle2sdorr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

So he can come back from basically being a puddle of organs with mass of indestructible slag in the middle? Would his body somehow, pulse out from around the metal and then regrow a regular skeleton? I mean he can regenerate the adamantium that's bonded to his periosteum but it's not like he can reshape it.

I don't buy this whole toxic adamantium thing either. It has to be something unique to Wolverine considering the procedure was intended for humans and Bullseye ran around with an almost entirely bonded skeleton for years with no ill effect. Quite the opposite in fact.

We won't know for sure until it happens, but one thing for sure - he'd live through that.

Adamantium poisoning is a comic fact, Citadel and others from Weapon Y have been affected by it. Why Bullseye was fine remains a mystery.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 01:40 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

not that questioning comic book logic makes any sense, but adamantium would have to flake in order to cause blood poisoning and I always thought that it bonded to the periostium as opposed to just covering the bones so they'd still be porous and able to produce blood cells. I guess it could be oligodynamic where it just kills surrounding cells.

Also regarding Bullseye, before anyone starts quoting Marvel Guides, the actual comics show that the only bones he's broken since Daredevil 200 are a couple ribs and one of the bones in his legs, otherwise it's stated that his skull, spine, hands, arms, pelvis, and feet are bonded. To me, that says at least 98% of his skeleton, no healing factor to speak of, only mystical arts and medicines to restore his broken spinal chord and aid with rapid healing form the bonding procedure. Maybe all this poisoning is going on because Weapon X didn't steal all of Darkwind's notes or aren't fully following his procedures and everyone copying them is just ****ing up even further?

Anyway, I still maintain the easiest and quickest way to kill Wolverine is with the aid of a character like Magneto or Polaris. Nuclear annihilation from a few hundred trillion subatomic polar reversals. You can't heal if there's nothing left to heal from.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 02:43 PM
jitay
Restricted

Account Restricted

has any one here read the Wolverine Contagion comic

Old Post May 1st, 2013 09:00 AM
jitay is currently offline Click here to Send jitay a Private Message Find more posts by jitay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

Man after this thread i hope the silver surfer one day throws Logan into the sun so we can end this discussion permanently

Old Post May 8th, 2013 08:02 PM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tijay
Restricted

Account Restricted

thats not nice big grin big grin

Old Post May 14th, 2013 12:56 PM
tijay is currently offline Click here to Send tijay a Private Message Find more posts by tijay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dustifier

Yes he can die. Yes he would grow back.his arm. He can grow back flesh and bone. In orgins they said that the adamantium had bonded with his molecular structure. Wich basicly means he can grow it bac to beta adamantium.beta is a bit weaker. But it takes a while to grow back adamantium. You could.kill.him by drowning.
The adamantium is undestructible so the samurai should not have been able.to.cut through it. End.of story. So he will get his claws back.in a couple of years.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2013 11:41 PM
dustifier is currently offline Click here to Send dustifier a Private Message Find more posts by dustifier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It was nowhere stated that adamantium beta is weaker. It's as tough as the primary adamantium (based on feats - even better), but doesn't inhibit the biological process of bone, that's it.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 12:49 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Head cutt off. Dead as Dead

Old Post Dec 8th, 2013 07:59 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote