KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and Destiny's Flight

Harry Potter and Destiny's Flight
Started by: d-fly_girl008

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

It was good but your letters are kind of unreal. I mean Hermione or Ron would never say that in a letter. And Hagrid doesn't write like that, that's just how he talks not how he writes.

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 02:02 AM
iluvhp1_7 is currently offline Click here to Send iluvhp1_7 a Private Message Find more posts by iluvhp1_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

i know... i told you i had writers block, and i couldn't think of anything, but i knew i wanted the letters to be from them and well... anonymous, so i just did those. i know they're not very good

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 02:05 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

its k i mean I had writers block for my Harry/Ginny story and it took me like 3 weeks to post lol

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 02:10 AM
iluvhp1_7 is currently offline Click here to Send iluvhp1_7 a Private Message Find more posts by iluvhp1_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

lol, i hate writers block

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 02:14 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Amen!

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 02:18 AM
Brit531

That was so good... but why did you do cut off it was getting good. I cant wait to find out who it is from. reading Please write soon.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 05:43 PM
Brit531 is currently offline Click here to Send Brit531 a Private Message Find more posts by Brit531 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

i'll try... i just didn't want to type anymore and my fingers started to cramp

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 06:31 PM
lotrtres3414

yeah your story is really good!!!! i really want to know who the other letter is from!!!!! sooo please post again soon!!!

dont cry that its over-smile that it happened

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 06:34 PM
lotrtres3414 is currently offline Click here to Send lotrtres3414 a Private Message Find more posts by lotrtres3414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OhILuvHP

ok so now i have finally read it! it is a very good story. and i know you were worried at the beginning-cause remember when i tried to write that little story? yeah, i was so upset cause no one really posted anything about it. (i know this is not inspirational)-i gave up.....but that was only cause i was bored. but yeah-keep on going! It is really good-and nice cliff hanger!

Also-yeah....i hafta agree with iluvhpsomuch1_7-----the letters are a little unreal. For Hagrid...just have his words spelt wrong. thats how he writes them. But for Hermione and Ron...i think they should secretly be together and then tell Harry and the wedding but that is just me. cause i dont think they would ever say that in a letter

~*ALWAYS HATING WRITERS BLOCK!!!!*~

its a really good story! PLEASE keep it up!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 07:30 PM
OhILuvHP is currently offline Click here to Send OhILuvHP a Private Message Find more posts by OhILuvHP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

k!!! i think i'm going to post a little more soon!!! o and i'll take your advice on the letters!!! ... tell you wat... forget about my ron/hermione letter... forget it ever existed... like, just leave it out of the story... i have a better idea... so this is how it would go

The next day at around noon Harry was making lunch for himself. It felt odd, he thought, to not be making lunch for the Dursley's too. For ever since he had come back, the Dursley's had not even acnowledged his presence, not even to tell him to do chores. This came as a real shock to Harry, although he had suspicions as to why they were acting like this: they were afraid of what he would do when he became of age. But he knew something they didn't. He was going to be long gone by then. Most likely off to Godrick's Hollow, to see his parents grave.

After finishing his meal, he walked into the sitting room, where none of the three heads turned to acknowledge his presence.

"Errrrrrr... Uncle Vernon, you know I'm leaving tomorow right?" he questioned nervously. All he got in return was a grunt.

"I'm going to be Aparrating." he stammered, wondering how he would react. This actualy got a quizzical look.

"It's a form of magical trans-" he almost whispered, and at the sound of the word 'magic' a squeal eminated from Dudley. Harry held in a giggle as he was reminded of the time Hargrid, the game-keeper at Hogwarts, had gave Dudley a pig tail.

"I DON'T NEED TO KNOW THE DETAILS! YOU'VE TOLD ME ALL I NEET TO KNOW, NOW GET THE BLOODY HELL OUT!" Uncle Vernon bellowed at Harry.

"A-Alright then" Harry stuttered as he scrambled from the room. He ran to his room, laughing silently. He collapsed onto his bed, his whole body shaking with laughter now. As soon as he managed to stop laughing, he walked to the window. Sitting in the chair he routenly left there, he stared out the window. He sat there and just thought for the better part of an hour. Time seemed to be passing really slowly, in his anticipation for the next day.

After about another 15 miniutes he got up. He paced over to the desk and started ruffling through the pages of one of his earlier Defence Against the Dark Arts class books. He mind wasn't on the text though, it was off at the Burrow, where Ron would be having a game of Wizards Chess with Fred or George, and Hermione would probably be gossiping with Ginny. Great, he thought, now I'm thinking about Ginny again. But he was saved from thinking by a tapping on the window.

He glanced over and saw Hedwig tapping her beak on the glass. He crossed to the window and let Hedwig soar in onto the bed. Harry followed her to where she had stuck out her leg, to which was attached 2 letters. "I was starting to wonder what you had been up too" he said to Hedwig, grinning. Glancing at the letters, he could see the untidy scrawl of Hagrid, and decided to open it, wondering what it could be about. Not bothering to glance at the other one he began opened Hagrid's.

Unfolding the letter, Harry started to read:

Dear Harry,

Hello! Just wanted to let ya know, I am going ta atend Bill’s weding… Hope ta see you there!

Hagrid

P.S. I’m goin ta be one of the lucky one's comming ta pic you up!

Harry chuckled as he put the letter away. He should have known Hagrid would want to come pick him up. He just hoped there weren’t too many Apparating into his house at one time! That might throw the Dursley’s into a fit! It was then that he remembered the second letter. Wondering who it could possibly be from, Harry bent down to pick it up.

When he saw whom it was from, his hands started shaking. “No…” he said in an almost inaudible whisper. “No…”

Last edited by danielle marie. on Jul 1st, 2006 at 07:41 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 07:36 PM
OhILuvHP

thats much better! but what the heck are these?:

“No…â€
Bill’s weding”
I’m

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 07:49 PM
OhILuvHP is currently offline Click here to Send OhILuvHP a Private Message Find more posts by OhILuvHP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

i don't know, but i'm goint to post the whole thing...

He was standing in a dark alley-way, with no memory of where he was or how he got here. It was hot summer night, and the mosquitoes were attacking his skin like mini vampires on a nightly feast.

The boy pulled out his wand to shed some light on the almost pitch darkness when he heard it... the sound of laughter. The sound was not natural laughter, but the sound of spine-bending, heart-wrentching, meniacle (sp?) laughter that chilled you to the bone even though it was the hottest night yet. The laughter continued. "Muahahahahah" on and on until the boy shouted.

"Who's there?"

"Don't you know my laugh by now Harry", said an inhuman voice.

"Wha..." the boy stammered, dumbfounded. "How... wha..."

"Oh yes, Harry it is I" said the voice like ice. "And now, after so long, you will die".

"Nooooooooooooooooo" screamed the boy named Harry now thrashing on the ground in pain. Then all was calm again until... "Avada Kadavra"

A tall, gangly boy of 16 jerked into a sitting position in his bed, drenched in a cold sweat. He opened his eyes and glanced around the room, pulling out a stick of wood. The room was a normal room, small, with a desk on which sat books that are first glance were completely ordinary. But upon closer inspection, you could see that they were no ordinary books, and that this boy was no ordinary boy, but a wizard. And not even an ordinary one at that. This wizard was the 'Chosen One', not only by the prophecy, but by his own wantings to kill Voldemort or die tyring.

Harry Potter scrambled out of bed, dressed in nothing more than a baggy t-shirt and some shorts, his wand at the ready. It was a scortching night, and the air was heavy with unfallen rain. He looked around the room once more, double checking that he was still alone. He let out a sigh of relief as he confirmed that he was alone and safe from harm. At least for now...

Harry walked over to the desk, which was littered with his old school books, which, in fact, were not like ordinary school books. These books were filled with spells and potions, incantations and charms. The past few days he had been at the Dursley's, rifling through his old spell books, looking for and memorising anything that would help him against the one person he hated most... Voldemort. He was memorising spells, jinxes, hexes, and curses in a desperate atempt at gathering information that could aid him. He knew that at the Burrow, his two best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger were doing the same.

In 2 days time he would be joining them for Ron's brother's wedding, and he was exiliarted beyond expaination. He knew that sooner or later, he would have to find and destroy all of Voldemorts Horcruxes, but he was glad that ordinary things were still going on in the world.

But something was still troubling him. Upon going to the Weasly's, he was going to have to be around the youngest Weasley, the only female child and the love of his life, Ginny Weasley. He and Ginny had been a couple at the end of the school year, and Harry still had feelings for her but that was the exact reason they could not be together. Voldemort used the ones he loved against him, and he cared for Ginny enough not to put her in that kind of danger again. He realized that if Voldemort used her in the Chamber of Secrets when she was only his best-friends sister, he would do much worse if he found out about their relationship.

But a brighter thought was that he was going to a WEDDING, which meant that some love was still holding strong. He knew he would just have be strong, for Ginny's sake.

The next day at around noon Harry was making lunch for himself. It felt odd, he thought, to not be making lunch for the Dursley's too. For ever since he had come back, the Dursley's had not even acnowledged his presence, not even to tell him to do chores. This came as a real shock to Harry, although he had suspicions as to why they were acting like this: they were afraid of what he would do when he became of age. But he knew something they didn't. He was going to be long gone by then. Most likely off to Godrick's Hollow, to see his parents grave.

After finishing his meal, he walked into the sitting room, where none of the three heads turned to acknowledge his presence.

"Errrrrrr... Uncle Vernon, you know I'm leaving tomorow right?" he questioned nervously. All he got in return was a grunt.

"I'm going to be Aparrating." he stammered, wondering how he would react. This actualy got a quizzical look.

"It's a form of magical trans-" he almost whispered, and at the sound of the word 'magic' a squeal eminated from Dudley. Harry held in a giggle as he was reminded of the time Hargrid, the game-keeper at Hogwarts, had gave Dudley a pig tail.

"I DON'T NEED TO KNOW THE DETAILS! YOU'VE TOLD ME ALL I NEET TO KNOW, NOW GET THE BLOODY HELL OUT!" Uncle Vernon bellowed at Harry.

"A-Alright then" Harry stuttered as he scrambled from the room. He ran to his room, laughing silently. He collapsed onto his bed, his whole body shaking with laughter now. As soon as he managed to stop laughing, he walked to the window. Sitting in the chair he routenly left there, he stared out the window. He sat there and just thought for the better part of an hour. Time seemed to be passing really slowly, in his anticipation for the next day.

After about another 15 miniutes he got up. He paced over to the desk and started ruffling through the pages of one of his earlier Defence Against the Dark Arts class books. He mind wasn't on the text though, it was off at the Burrow, where Ron would be having a game of Wizards Chess with Fred or George, and Hermione would probably be gossiping with Ginny. Great, he thought, now I'm thinking about Ginny again. But he was saved from thinking by a tapping on the window.

He glanced over and saw Hedwig tapping her beak on the glass. He crossed to the window and let Hedwig soar in onto the bed. Harry followed her to where she had stuck out her leg, to which was attached 2 letters. "I was starting to wonder what you had been up too" he said to Hedwig, grinning. Glancing at the letters, he could see the untidy scrawl of Hagrid, and decided to open it, wondering what it could be about. Not bothering to glance at the other one he began opened Hagrid's.
Unfolding the letter, Harry started to read:

Dear Harry,

Hello! Just wanted to let ya know, I am going ta atend Bill’s weding… Hope ta see you there!

Hagrid

P.S. I’m goin ta be one of the lucky one's comming ta pic you up!

Harry chuckled as he put the letter away. He should have known Hagrid would want to come pick him up. He just hoped there weren’t too many Apparating into his house at one time! That might throw the Dursley’s into a fit! It was then that he remembered the second letter. Wondering who it could possibly be from, Harry bent down to pick it up.

When he saw whom it was from, his hands started shaking. “No…” he said in an almost inaudible whisper. “No…”

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 08:01 PM
lotrtres3414

yeah i really like that one more!!! i like the idea of hermione and ron keeping there relationship a secert. it seems like somthing they would do. but yeah it is really good. but like OHiluvHP asked i dont get what those letters are. “No…�??

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 08:08 PM
lotrtres3414 is currently offline Click here to Send lotrtres3414 a Private Message Find more posts by lotrtres3414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

i don't know... they just popped up...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 08:10 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

ok, i've decided i've let you all wonder about the letter for long enough... here you go!!

Fingers trembling he picked up the letter. "Why..." he stammered opening the letter from the one person he didn't want to think about at the moment. Upon seeing the words it was obvious to tell that she had been upset when writing it, because it looked like her hand was shaking as she wrote. He started to read:

Harry,

I knew I had to talk to you before we saw each other again. It's just been so hard, knowing that we still have feelings for each other, but you won't have us together. It's going to be really awkward being around each other again, and before I saw you I just wanted to tell you this.

I love you Harry. I love you.

Ginny

Harry read over the letter several times. He had known he had feelings for Ginny, but after puzzling over the letter, he realized it was more than that... it was love. But that didn't change anything. He wanted Ginny to be safe, now more than ever. Although he loved her, Harry knew he couldn't be with Ginny until after he had taken out Voldemort. That was all there was too it.

He strode over to the wardrobe on which Hedwig had landed and gave her an owl treat before sitting back down on his bed. 'Now that's enough, back to work' he thought, and walked across the room to the desk. He sat down and proceeded to look through countless books for the rest of the day. It wasn't until eight o'clock at night did he stop and think about eating. 'Man, time fly's' he thought, while climbing down the stairs. He remembered to skip the last one, otherwise it would squeak. Harry peered through the door, making sure that the Dursleys were all in the sitting room. They were. So he pushed the door open all the way, and walked over to the fridge. He opened the door... and yellped.

"Dobby!" Harry said in suprise as the little house elf pushed his way out. "What are you doing here?" he inquired, staring at him with wide eyes.

"Dobby heard word that Harry Potter is not coming back to Hogwarts! He had to find out if it was true!" Dobby said, ringing one of his many hats in his hands.

"Yes, it's tr... Wait! How did you find out that I'm not going back?" Harry asked, surprised.

"Winky told Dobby" Dobby said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well, how did Winky find out?" Harry questioned Dobby.

"Winky wouldn't tell, no she wouldn't, wouldn't tell Dobby where whe heard such rumors." Dobby stammered.

"Well, it's true. I'm not coming back. I have to... well, let's just say I have more inportant things to do." said Harry, giving up on ever finding out how his news had traveled to the kitchens of Hogwarts.

"But Harry Potter must come back! He must!" Dobby said, almost to the point of tears now.

"Why? Dumbledore's dead. It's not as safe anymore. And besides, I have more important things to do." Harry sighed, trying not to get frustrated with Dobby. Just a few years ago Dobby had done anything to keep him from going to Hogwarts, and now he was begging him to come back?

"But... Harry Potters friends! They will miss him if he doesn't come back!" squealed Dobby, trying desperatly to find a way to make Harry go back to Hogwarts.

"Dobby, my friends are coming with me" Harry tried to let the little house elf down easily. He went over and patted Dobby's head.
"We've got very important business to attend to.

At that moment Aunt Petunia burst through the kitchen door, only to run, screaming, back into the sitting room. He could hear voices and then the unmistakable sound of Uncle Vernon getting up off the couch.

"Dobby, you better leave" whispered Harry franticly.
"But-"
"Now! Hurry!" and with a pop he was gone, and Uncle Vernon had burst into the kitchen.

"WHAT-ARE-YOU-DOING?" he shouted, a deep purple color. "INVITING-CREATURES-LIKE-YOU-INTO-OUR-HOME!"
"But I didn't invite Dobby in, he came on his own to ask me a question." Harry said without flinching. His uncle had been angirier than this on a few occasions. "He came to ask-" Harry started, but his uncle had grabbed him by the front of his shirt.

"I DONT CARE" she spit into Harry's face. "GO UPSTAIRS. NOW." He dropped Harry and marched back into the sitting room. Harry marched upstairs to his room, his supper forgotten. 'That was odd he thought' he thought, 'why would Dobby want me to come back so bad'. He sat down on his bed and promptly fell asleep.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 08:50 PM
Brit531

that was so good, you are a much better writer than me. So please post more eventually

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 09:09 PM
Brit531 is currently offline Click here to Send Brit531 a Private Message Find more posts by Brit531 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Amazing! Bravo*clap* Brava*clap*! One thing lol your letter is still cheesy lol but I would have written it the same way lol

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 10:10 PM
lotrtres3414

wow. that was really good!! i like how you brought dobby into the picture. keep posting!!!!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 10:12 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

thanx you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing Happy Dance laughing

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 11:17 PM
OhILuvHP

yeah its great! and now you have to keep posting so we know why dobby came-you cant stop like that Denniz kid did....promise? you MUST continue!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 04:42 AM