KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and Destiny's Flight

Harry Potter and Destiny's Flight
Started by: d-fly_girl008

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Thank you so much!!!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 07:48 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit531

No sorry. It never really tells you when they get out. Oh, post more soon.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 12:21 AM
Brit531 is currently offline Click here to Send Brit531 a Private Message Find more posts by Brit531 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HPFAN#7

your stories new name looks alot like my stories name.... lol i like it though thumb up

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 02:10 AM
HPFAN#7 is currently offline Click here to Send HPFAN#7 a Private Message Find more posts by HPFAN#7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Ok, I'm going against everthing I said in my first post... this is going to be a version of the 7th book, this is going to be in chapters... and updates are turing out to not be so rare!!! By the way, the 1st chapter is called Chapter One: Dreaming. I'm nearly done with it, in fact, all I have to do is go over it again. Will someone please post after me?? One reason is because I don't want to double post, and the other reason is... do you think I should just post the whole 1st chapter with all the rivision's done??? Please post your answer and your comments!!

Oh, and HPFAN#7, I didn't copy off of yours, I've had the name for a while and just haven't got around to asking Rex to change it... If I knew how to do the spoiler warnings, I would show you why I picked that name... or at least a hint...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 02:12 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HPFAN#7

no lol i didnt blame u for copy i just thought it was a coincodence because your named changed like 2 seconds before i started my story...sorry for the confusion

Last edited by HPFAN#7 on Jul 9th, 2006 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 02:17 AM
HPFAN#7 is currently offline Click here to Send HPFAN#7 a Private Message Find more posts by HPFAN#7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit531

So your changing your whole story interesting. I also think you should post the whole chapter 1 with the revisions and everything and hurry I am getting in pacient, lol. Post soon.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 01:25 PM
Brit531 is currently offline Click here to Send Brit531 a Private Message Find more posts by Brit531 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

I'll try... Thanks for your opinion... And I'm not changing my story, just what I said at the beggining.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 06:10 PM
hplver4life

hey i love ur story it's really good please keep posting

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 08:45 PM
hplver4life is currently offline Click here to Send hplver4life a Private Message Find more posts by hplver4life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit531

ooooooh, I see still you are sort of changing it a little you have to admit that.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 01:00 AM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Ok, a little... I've finished revising it, but I don't know if I should put it up tonight or tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 02:24 AM
Brit531

Hmmm... I think you should put it up eventually

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 02:40 AM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Ok, lol, I'll post it tonight!

Chapter One: Dreaming

He was standing in a dark alley-way, with no memory of where he was or how he got here. It was a hot summer night, and the mosquitoes were attacking his skin like mini vampires on a nightly feast.

The boy pulled out his wand to shed some light on the almost pitch darkness when he heard it... the sound of laughter. The laugh was not natural laughter, but the sound of spine-bending, heart-wrentching, maniacal laughter that chilled you to the bone even though it was the hottest night yet. The laughter continued. "Muahahahahah" on and on until the boy shouted.

"Who's there?"

"Don't you know my laugh by now Harry" said an inhuman voice.

"Wha..." the boy stammered, dumbfounded. "How... wha..."

"Oh yes, Harry it is I" said the voice like ice. "And now, after so long, you will die".

"Nooooooooooooooooo" screamed the boy named Harry now thrashing on the ground in pain. Then all was calm again until... "Avada Kadavra."

A tall, gangly boy of 16 jerked into a sitting position in his bed, drenched in a cold sweat. He opened his eyes and glanced around the room, pulling out a stick of wood. The room was a normal room, small, with a desk on which sat books that are first glance were completely ordinary. But upon closer inspection, you could see that they were no ordinary books, and that this boy was no ordinary boy, but a wizard. And not even an ordinary one at that. This wizard was the 'Chosen One', not only by the prophecy, but by his own wantings to kill Voldemort or die tyring.

Harry Potter scrambled out of bed, dressed in nothing more than a baggy t-shirt and some shorts, his wand at the ready. It was a scortching night, and the air was heavy with unfallen rain. He looked around the room once more, double checking that he was still alone. He let out a sigh of relief as he confirmed that he was alone and safe from harm. At least for now...

Harry walked over to the desk, which was littered with his old school books, which, in fact, were not like ordinary school books. These books were filled with spells and potions, incantations and charms. The past few days he had been at the Dursley's, rifling through his old spell books, looking for and memorising anything that would help him against the one person he hated most... Voldemort. He was memorising spells, jinxes, hexes, and curses in a desperate atempt at gathering information that could aid him. He knew that at the Burrow, his two best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger were doing the same.

In 2 days time he would be joining them for Ron's brother's wedding, and he was exiliarted beyond expaination. He knew that sooner or later, he would have to find and destroy all of Voldemort's Horcruxes, but he was glad that ordinary things were still going on in the world.

But something was still troubling him. Upon going to the Weasley's, he was going to have to be around the youngest Weasley, the only female child and the love of his life, Ginny Weasley. He and Ginny had been a couple at the end of the school year, and Harry still had feelings for her, but that was the exact reason they could not be together. Voldemort used the ones he loved against him, and he cared about Ginny enough not to put her in that kind of danger again. He realized that if Voldemort used her in the Chamber of Secrets when she was only his best-friends sister, he would do much worse if he found out about their relationship.

But a brighter thought was that he was going to a WEDDING, which meant that some love was still holding strong. He knew he would just have be strong, for Ginny's sake.

The next day at around noon Harry was making lunch for himself. It felt odd, he thought, to not be making lunch for the Dursley's too. For ever since he had come back, the Dursley's had not even acknowledged his presence, not even to tell him to do his chores. This hadn't come as a real shock to Harry, for he had suspicions as to why they were acting like this: they were afraid of what he would do when he became of age. But he knew something they didn't. He was going to be long gone by then. Most likely off to Godrick's Hollow, to see his parent's graves.

After finishing his meal, he walked into the sitting room, where none of the three heads turned to acknowledge his presence.

"Errrrrrr... Uncle Vernon, you know I'm leaving tomorow right?" he questioned nervously. All he got in return was a grunt.

"I'm going to be Aparrating, or maybe using Floo Powder." he stammered, wondering how Uncle Vernon would react. This actualy got a quizzical look, more that he had gotten the whole time he had been here. That might be due to the fact that he rarely came down except for meal times... and he sometimes he even missed those.

"It's a form of magical trans-" he almost whispered, and at the sound of the word 'magical' a squeal was emitted from Dudley. Harry held in a giggle as he was reminded of the time Hargrid, the game-keeper at Hogwarts, gave Dudley a pig tail.

"I DON'T NEED TO KNOW THE DETAILS! YOU'VE TOLD ME ALL I NEET TO KNOW, NOW GET THE BLOODY HELL OUT!" Uncle Vernon bellowed at Harry.

"A-Alright then" Harry stuttered as he scrambled from the room. He ran to his room, laughing silently. He collapsed onto his bed, his whole body shaking with laughter now. As soon as he managed to stop laughing, he walked to the window. Sitting in the chair he routinely left there, he stared out the window. He sat there and just thought for the better part of an hour. Time seemed to be passing really slowly, in his anticipation for the next day.

After about another 15 miniutes he got up. He paced over to the desk and started ruffling through the pages of one of his earlier Defence Against the Dark Arts class books. He mind wasn't on the text though, it was off at the Burrow, where Ron would be having a game of Wizards Chess with Fred or George, and Hermione would probably be gossiping with Ginny. Great, he thought, now I'm thinking about Ginny again. But he was saved from thinking by a tapping on the window.

He glanced over and saw Hedwig tapping her beak on the glass. He crossed to the window and let Hedwig soar in onto the bed. Harry followed her to where she had stuck out her leg, to which was attached 2 letters. "I was starting to wonder what you had been up too" he said to Hedwig, grinning. Glancing at the letters, he could see the untidy scrawl of Hagrid, and decided to open it, wondering what it could be about. Not bothering to glance at the other one he began opening Hagrid's.

Unfolding the letter, Harry started to read:

Dear Harry,

Hello! Just wanted to let ya know, I am going ta atend Bill’s weding… Hope ta see you there!

Hagrid

P.S. I’m goin ta be one of the lucky one's comming ta pic you up!

Harry chuckled as he put the letter away. He should have known Hagrid would want to come pick him up. He just hoped there weren’t too many Apparating into his house at one time! That might throw the Dursley’s into a fit! It was then that he remembered the second letter. Wondering who it could possibly be from, Harry bent down to pick it up.

When he saw whom it was from, his hands started shaking. “No…” he said in an almost inaudible whisper. “No…”

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 02:49 AM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Fingers trembling he picked up the letter. "Why..." he stammered opening the letter from the one person he didn't want to think about at the moment. Upon seeing the words it was obvious to tell that she had been upset when writing it, because it looked like her hand was shaking as she wrote. He started to read:

Harry,

I knew I had to talk to you before we saw each other again. It's just been so hard, knowing that we still have feelings for each other, but you won't have us together. It's going to be really awkward being around each other again, and before I saw you I just wanted to tell you this.

I love you Harry. I love you.

Ginny

Harry read over the letter several times. He had known he had feelings for Ginny, but after puzzling over the letter, he realized it was more than that... it was love. But that didn't change anything. He wanted Ginny to be safe, now more than ever. Although he loved her, Harry knew he couldn't be with Ginny until after he had taken down Voldemort, or died trying. That was all there was too it.

He strode over to the wardrobe on which Hedwig had landed and gave her an owl treat before sitting back down on his bed. 'Now that's enough, back to work' he thought, and walked across the room to the desk. He sat down and proceeded to look through countless books for the rest of the day. It wasn't until eight o'clock at night did he stop and think about eating. 'Man, time fly's' he thought, while climbing down the stairs. He remembered to skip the last one, otherwise it would squeak. Harry peered through the door, making sure that the Dursleys were all in the sitting room. They were. So he pushed the door open all the way, and walked over to the fridge. He opened the door... and yellped.

"Dobby!" Harry said in suprise as the little house elf pushed his way out. "What are you doing here?" he inquired, staring at him with wide eyes.

"Dobby heard word that Harry Potter is not coming back to Hogwarts! He had to find out if it was true!" Dobby said, ringing one of his many hats in his hands.

"Yes, it's tr... Wait! How did you find out that I'm not going back?" Harry asked, surprised.

"Winky told Dobby" Dobby said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well, how did Winky find out?" Harry questioned Dobby.

"Winky wouldn't tell, no she wouldn't, wouldn't tell Dobby where whe heard such rumors." Dobby stammered.

"Well, it's true. I'm not coming back. I have to... well, let's just say I have more inportant things to do." said Harry, giving up on ever finding out how his news had traveled to the kitchens of Hogwarts.

"But Harry Potter must come back! He must!" Dobby said, almost to the point of tears now.

"Why? Dumbledore's dead. It's not as safe anymore. And besides, I have more important things to do." Harry sighed, trying not to get frustrated with Dobby. Just a few years ago Dobby had done anything to keep him from going to Hogwarts, and now he was begging him to come back?

"But... Harry Potters friends! They will miss him if he doesn't come back!" squealed Dobby, trying desperatly to find a way to make Harry go back to Hogwarts.

"Dobby, my friends are coming with me" Harry tried to let the little house elf down easily. He went over and patted Dobby's head.

"We've got very important business to attend to.

At that moment Aunt Petunia burst through the kitchen door, only to run, screaming, back into the sitting room. He could hear voices and then the unmistakable sound of Uncle Vernon getting up off the couch.

"Dobby, you better leave" whispered Harry franticly.

"But-"

"Now! Hurry!" and with a pop he was gone, and Uncle Vernon had burst into the kitchen.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" he shouted, a deep purple color. "INVITING... INVITING ODD CREATURES INTO OUR HOME!"

"But I didn't invite Dobby in, he came on his own to ask me a question." Harry said without flinching. His uncle had been angirier than this on a few occasions. "He came to ask-" Harry started, but his uncle had grabbed him by the front of his shirt.

"I DONT CARE" she spit into Harry's face. "GO UPSTAIRS. NOW." He dropped Harry and marched back into the sitting room. Harry marched upstairs to his room, his supper forgotten. 'That was odd' he thought, 'why would Dobby want me to come back so bad'. He sat down on his bed and promptly fell asleep.

That night Harry dreamed again, only this time it was different. He was at Hogwarts, and he was sitting at Dumbledore's funeral, only it was a different scene than at the real funeral. Ginny and Hermione and Ron were not trying to conceal their greif at all, and were crying openly. He couldn't see himself anywhere. Then the man who had spoke at Dumbledore's funeral spoke again. Again Harry could not hear what he said, but it sounded like the speach he had heard only a few short weeks before. The man sat down again and they carried out the body, which Harry assumed would be Dumbledore's. Harry, not thinking about what would happen, walked up to the men carrying the body. No one seemed to notice him. Harry looked down at the body, hoping to see Dumbledore one more time before he was laid to rest, but instead the body he saw was... his.

For the second night in a row, Harry awoke in a cold sweat. He remembered his dream and the thought of his body sent shivers down his spine. Harry got up and started to pace the room. He thought to himself 'This is silly, getting all riled up about a silly dream.' But deep inside he knew it was more than a dream. He knew it was his greatest fear, appearing in his sub-concious mind. He laid back down under his covers, staring at the ceiling. He tried to go back to sleep, but his attempts were meaningless. All he managed to do was count 500 sheep. He ended up just lying there thinking about things. Thinking about Sirius, his godfather, and that night at the Ministry. Thinking about Luna, Neville, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny. Thinking about Cedric Diggory. Thinking about Wormtail and their 'bond'. Thinking about Dumbledore.

At 9:00 in the morning Harry finally got out of bed. Silently he got dressed, and proceeded downstairs. He opened the kitchen door, not bothering to see if the Dursley's were in there or not. Fortunately they weren't. Harry sidled over to the fridge, opening the door slowly just in case Dobby popped up again. Pulling out the milk, he walked over to the cabinets. He grabbed a glass and poured himself some milk. He put the milk away and sat down at the table, drank the whole glass, and went back to his room. He wasn't really hungry, even after his supperless night. That's when he remembered.

'That's right, I'm going to the Burrow today' Harry thought and started to pack up all of his books into his trunk. This cheered him upl considerably. "Why do I still have this..." he murmered "It's not like I'm going back." But the thought of parting with his old school trunk was like letting go of many, many good memories. He remembered the first time he used it, and when he first went through the barrier with it... so many memeories. Packing took him most of the day, until about 4:30 at night, and he had only stopped for a quick lunch. After what seemed like endless hours of packing, Harry hauled the full trunk down the stairs.

He left his trunk in the kitchen, and then proceeded into the sitting room. All three Dursleys were seated on the small sofa, considerably crammed because of Uncle Vernon's obecity. Harry looked around the room, and noticed that the fake fireplace wasn't sitting in front of the real one. They must have moved it because of last time Mr. Weasley came to get me, Harry assumed, smiling.

"Er, I see you moved the fireplace" Harry said in a lame attempt to break the awkward silence. "Smart move."

A grunt was all he got from Uncle Vernon, but he actually got a murmur of thanks from his Aunt. He smiled again. He couldn't beleive it!! Only a week at the Dursley's, and he was leaving them... forever.

"They'll be coming for me at 5:00" Harry said, looking at his watch. "That's in-"
"10 miniutes" Aunt Petunia cut him off.
"Yeah, 10 miniutes" Harry finished.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 02:52 AM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

They sat there in silence for the rest of the time, the tension so thick you could cut it with a knife. Finaly at 1 miniute 'till 5, a loud pop echoed throughout the room.

"Surprise!" shouted Mr. Weasly, as he materialized right in front of Harry.

"Hi Mr. Weasly!" Harry laughed, as the Dursley's scrambled around to the back of the couch, having been taken completely by surprise.

"Where are the others" he asked. After all, Hagrid had said that he was going to be here.

"Hermione and Ron should be coming, but unfortunatly Hagrid was not able to make it after all. He was... out." Mr. Weasley spouted with a quick glance at the Dursleys.

"Where-" Harry started, but at that moment another pop sounded, anouncing the arrival of his two best friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. They had appeared right next to Mr. Weasly, and were holding hands. Harry looked at them, confused. They quickly let go, and both started to blush furiously. Mr. Weasley broke the silence by clearing his throat.

"Well Harry, what do you say we get going" Mr. Weasley asked.

"Great!" Harry said, and went to get his trunk. He waltzed back into the sitting room, dragging his trunk along with him. Mr. Weasley threw some powder Harry recognized as Floo powder into the newly conjured fire in the fire place.

"Alright Harry?" Ron asked as Harry dragged his trunk over to the fire.

"Wonderful, thanks!" Harry replied.

"That's g-" Ron started, but Mr. Weasley inturrupted him.

"Come on now Harry you know what to do. There will be time for conversations later." Mr. Weasley added hastily, looking at Ron who looked irked, and Hermione who was about to speak.

Amused, Harry shoved his trunk into the fire, shouted "The Burrow" and watched the trunk spin away.

"Fred and George are waiting to get your trunk Harry" Hermione said speaking for the first time.

"Great!" Harry bubbled.

"Harry, you're going to be apparating with me, and Ron is going with Hermione. Everybody got that?" All of them nodded.

"Harry, grab my arm." Mr. Weasley said.

"Bye Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon. Bye DinkyDiddums" and with that, Harry and Mr. Weasley spun on the spot, and were being squeezed throught that rubber tube, leaving Privet Drive, and going to one of his favorite places on Earth.

Ok, that's all of it, I had to post it in different groups because of it's size!!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 02:54 AM
Brit531

That was brillant it was still kind of the same, but really good. Cant wait for you to post more.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 03:17 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Ya, I know it was the same... that's what I meant, I meant that I was changing what I said at the beggining!!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 05:15 PM
Brit531

ohhhhhhhh, i see

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 08:36 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Yep!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 12:44 AM
Brit531

So are you going to post soon. I know I am asking and it has only been a couple days, but your story is real good and I want to see what happens next. So post more soon. No rush, but I sort of can't wait.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 07:35 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

I'll try, and I know I'm a hipocrite, telling everyone to post when I don't. So, I'll try!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 07:39 PM