KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Battle 4

This poll is closed.
Khell/KVD 9 32.14%
Blair/Newjak 19 67.86%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle 4
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Re: Battle 4

[Judges Note]

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Reiteration of the rules:

1. Prep = 15 minutes, in a neutral environment apart from the battlefield.

2. The only thing combatants can have "operational" coming into the fight is generic shielding. Thus, an offensive or other maneuver must begin after the fight has started. No creating 10,000 illusions/constructs/etc. during prep or anything like that.

3. If you don't know the rules, read them! The first person to make 7 battle-related posts on Day 1, then complain to me will be flogged....or at least get a PM from me with a " no expression " smilie and a link to the rules. They've been established for weeks. And that thread has been pinned for the past week. There's no excuse for not knowing them.

4. Observers are asked to NOT post in this thread unless it is a question directly related to the battle.

5. Keep anything extraneous in the discussion thread. Please help me keep this battle as efficient as possible.

6. Judges: wait a while to vote. And post your vote, possibly with a (brief) explanation. Don't vote in the poll Observers: Feel free to vote in the poll, but I'd encourage you to wait as well.

7. Help me out with all of this. If something needs edited out, let me know...I can't catch everything.

According to the tournament rules, only generic shielding is allowed upon the commencing of combat. Therefore, only the shielding aspect of the BW/Newjak prep post will be taken into account.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Last edited by illadelph on Jul 10th, 2006 at 02:10 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 02:06 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Re: Re: Battle 4

Originally posted by illadelph12
[Judges Note]

According to the tournament rules, only generic shielding is allowed upon the commencing of combat. Therefore, only the shielding aspect of the BW/Newjak prep post will be taken into account.

Correct. Thanks for noticing that. Once the battle starts however, any of that toher stuff could potentially happen.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 04:06 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

No prob.

I just hope either B-Dub or Newjak realizes that before it's too late.

>Z<

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 04:20 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Khellendros The Battle -

The instant they appear on the battlefield, Spartan raises stealth fields that render him invisible to both the naked eye and technological detection.

This makes no sense seeing as the way we CAN detect him is through his spirit and he cant hide from magic can he?? Did I forget to mention their Daxamites???? Generally better in everything than Superman plus they can lend/or TAKE speed so by the time Spartan tries to teleport a Daxamite will already be in his face taking him apart or Shaman simply removes his Spirit which ever comes first.
Please show him being resistant to magic. Didnt think so...

quote:

Now, since basically the only ALLOWABLE things you did during prep were piling on the damn shields

Actually I hate to tell you this most of our stuff is well legal under circumstances my friend. As said by Digi the only thing Operational that can used on the during prep is shields. Most of our stuff isn't activated but is ready to be activated as soon as the battle begins.
The flying wind spirit can be summoned to shield Juggernaut as a sphere. He gets told by Shaman that he can fly with it also if he wants to. Once the battle starts he can fly

As well our super computer brains are legal. Why? Here let me tell you, because it in the end counts as mind manipulation which connects us by amplifying our brain. Which your team did as well, through telepathy, so if mind communication and advancement isn't allowed them well lets just say that BB can't really communicate with your team during prep at all

quote:

Once he detects your team, he teleports small pieces of the giant shell into the brains of Kyle And Shaman.
The same way he can teleport the bodyparts off an enemy:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/...odyparts4nj.jpg

Wow. He teleported some parts of her body. Real impressive. When you show a scan of him teleporting pieces of the GROUND and stick them precisely into someones brain (who all happen to be going at superspeed thanks to the Daxamites giving everyone on my team speed)...then we can talk

And well if you want to play that game then well let's just say that Shaman can do the very same thing and has shown greater control over teleporting people great distances if we can in fact teleport the other team and pieces of the battle field then Shaman can teleport your whole team into the turtle Shell cutting them in half before Spartan can do that to part of our team so if you want to go that route then we win by default as Shaman does the same fast thanks to his Computer Brain and takes out everyone of your team sorry (this is IF Spartan is still even around to party thanks to our magical attack on him )

Here is Shaman doing exactly what he can do teleporting notice how he teleports everyone instantly over great distances without having to see where he is going. Since he knows where Spartan is at all times (thanks to his spirit) and one of the Daxcamites can tell him where everyone else is well Shaman teleports everyone into he Shell cutting them in half.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...t_v1_088_03.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...Flight18-09.jpg

He can teleport up to ten or so people. Thats nothing considering you are just three and he doesnt even need to look at where they are teleporting
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v..._05_rougher.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v..._12_rougher.jpg

quote:

So, your spellcaster is dead before he's had time to cast maybe one spell. I'll give Kyle the benefit of the doubt and assume you'll probably have a scan showing him countering/surviving something similar. But I imagine it'll still give him one b*tch of a headache. Of course, Juggy probably just feels a a minor ache while the magic fueling him gets rid of the chunk of shell in his head. But, hey, since getting him sky-bound was way down on the list of prep stuff you weren't actually allowed to do during prep, he's still stuck on the ground.

Yet again sorry. the fact that
A) Your precious spartan is either a husk of metal since he no longer has his spirit
B) or torn apart by a Daxamite or
C) teleported himself into the turtle

quote:

So, now that your magician is dead before having the chance to do anything effective, and your other guys are either dead or distracted by stones in their brains, your whole plan is basically out the window. By the time Black Bolt gets there, carrying Witchfire, BB unleashes his best scream, while Witchfire attacks in some manner that KVD will cover in her first post.

Thats if Spartan even has a chance since the Daxamites are on him fast and since the both of them are faster than superman himself its dubious to say that Spartan can be doing all this "teleporting" your so fond of. Ill let BW handle all the kyle stuff, but I can tell you that your fight is gonna be hard against him

quote:

So, Kyle is now dead and Juggy is now floating through space. If that's not good enough for an elimination, Spartan can simply teleport Juggs to the edge of the battlefield, wait for him to run back, and then teleport him away again..

Of course non of this true so it doesn't matter. How does it feel Khell being beaten at your own game hmm?? So yes teleporting things into people should be banned because I haven't even gotten into he fact that the Daxamites things as well so we have Shaman who can teleport,

Plus beyond all that, your team is STILL mute since all it takes is some powder being thrown for it to be effective. Black Bolt and Witchfire cant do jack squat now.

To cover most of it, our prep other than Shamans cellular change is still active. The Daxamites are instantly created while Shaman mutes everyone on the opposing team. I have yet to see Spartan be able to teleport the ground. Or being resistant to magical attacks

Black Bolt once mute can do jack and the same applies to Witchfire.

sig by Rao Kal El

Last edited by Digi on Jul 11th, 2006 at 03:35 AM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 06:28 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

[Judge's Note]

Newjak, I thought your character was Juggernaut? Your post seems more based on the abilities of Kyle Rayner who is B-Dubs character. Shaman is the team character. Blair Wind should be making the Green Lantern argument, so a majority of your last post, including all of the points you made regarding Green Lantern, are 'stricken from the record', per se.

Also, you might want to look at the 2 prior posts by myself and Digi. All of the constructs and spells cast during prep were nullified. Such actions must be done during battle. You can only come into combat with generic shielding functioning. All the GL Rings and Daxamites aren't on the field at the commencement of battle, they must be created during combat, not before.

>Z<

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 07:16 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Jul 10th, 2006 at 07:24 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 07:20 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

[Judge's Note]

Khells: 1/9
KVD: 0/9
Newjak: 1/9
B-Dub: 0/9

>Z<

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 07:40 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Blair asked to respond to Ill's questions...it won't count toward his 9 and he'll just be clarifying, not arguing.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 07:51 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Digi just told me this wouldnt be counted as an official post:

Most of his arguement was the Daxamites (who Digi said he could talk about) and Shaman.

We saw the posts Ill. The constructs were made during the battle as were the spells he talked about. Hope that clears everything up and Im waiting for the right time to use my 9 posts....

BW out...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 07:53 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

[Judge's Note]

For clarification of my stance:

The Daxamites created by GL (Blair Wind) are a GL ability, meaning they can only be argued by Blair Wind, as he has to state that Kyle created them.

The fact that he created them with free will is a moot point, they are still Green Lantern Constructs. The Daxamites originate from Kyle's Ring and are a GL ability meaning that only Blair Wind can argue their actions, not newjak.

Newjak is free to argue Shaman's actions, the actions of any constructs Shaman creates, and Juggernaut's actions.

Blair Wind is free to argue Shaman's actions, the actions of any constructs Shaman creates, and Green Lantern's actions, as well as the actions of any of GL's constructs.

Whether they have independent will or not, they are still Green Lantern Constructs, and Green Lantern is not the team character, Shaman is.

>Z<

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 07:58 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Non official post
Your drawing to much of a line of what can and cant be talked about....
You might think of that in your descision by Digi said it was ok, and them being independent, they no longer follow only Kyles instructions erm

But im done with the issue, so if Khell or KVD could post something battle related we would really appreciate it...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 08:04 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

[Judge's Note]

They are GL Constructs. The fact they have independent thought doesn't change that fact. They are a GL ability and a GL argument, meaning your argument B-Dub.

I'm not changing my stance. Sorry.

>Z<

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 08:12 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

[Judge's Note]

They are GL Constructs. The fact they have independent thought doesn't change that fact. They are a GL ability and a GL argument, meaning your argument B-Dub.

Non Offical Post just corrections
Well if its just your stance then ok it can't be edited out then just because a Judge deems wrong as long as it isn't breaking a rule which even Digi told me he had no problem with it. Not trying to be pud just making sure we get everything we can have. stick out tongue

Anyway here are your scans Khell
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...t_v1_088_03.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...Flight18-09.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v..._05_rougher.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v..._12_rougher.jpg
Hopefully they work this time big grin

sig by Rao Kal El

Last edited by Newjak on Jul 10th, 2006 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 08:16 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

[Judge's Note]

Seconded.

Also, when posting scans, if possible (which it is) could you all use Imageshack .... a lot of the photobucket (and other image sites) links aren't working for me... so i would assume they aren't working for other people as well

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 09:48 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Blair/newjak's opening strategy.

PREP:
Ok folks here goes our first lesson on GL knowledge. A GL ring CAN DO ANYTHING. If you dont believe me, who will you believe? Batman? http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?...s1m4pg107nr.jpg
Thank you Batman. It can do anything you think it can do. Now that we are done with that little bit of information, we can get on with the show.

My team has been assembled: Shaman, Juggernaught, and Kyle Rayner. Knowing they are about to face of in battle, they begin to prepare for the worst in the time they are given. Kyle, wanting to maximize the efforts of everyone, commands the ring to give his team supercomputer type brains (they can now think, react, and act at superspeed). Think the Midnighter. Think seeing everything in slow motion. Got that picture? Good

Next GL makes personal shields for himself and Shaman and instructs the ring to not let anything IN, but to let things out. And making a couple of shields is nothing to Kyle:
http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?...illion153wm.jpg He did that with no strain whatsoever.

Now to maximize the potiental of our teams efficiancy Shaman begins to protect us with magic. We got your standard magic shields big enough to cover the whole team but he just makes it for him and Kyle:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d...t/w_179_004.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d...t/w_179_005.jpg

He also protects the forcefield with a powder that makes anyone pound or try to break it see their greatest fears, their personal phobias (while protecting his team from the magic):
Phobia Manipulation ( Alpha Flight #12) This attack doesn't attack the body, but the mind bringing forth the person's phobias. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f...Flight12-27.jpg

Shaman then secures that shield with multiple layers of shields around him and Kyle. There is not enough space for a person to fit between layers, but they are big enough to be seen.

With all these shields, you can never be too certain. So Kyle does the unthinkable and gives Shaman superpowers. Yes I said superpowers. As in his own physical superpowers! Dont think it can be done? Kyle once gave himself telekinisis when he couldnt use the ring (or else he would be caught and arrested/killed on the planet *as you can see because they detected the energy spike before he even got on the planet that was him changing himself) So before he got there he gave himself the powers and changes his apperance. The change:
http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?...rn173p027ju.jpg
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?...rn173p036bq.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?...rn173p048fj.jpg

The power:
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=169fd.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=175fg.jpg

Seeing as it was cellular change that he did (as told by Abin Sur later on), he simply modifies what he did to give Shaman the basic Superman set of powers (Superstrength, Extreme durability, Super Speed, plus a healing factor)

One little problem that we will soon modify is that Juggernaut cannot fly. Shaman talks to the Wind Spirit and asks it to let Juggernaut fly and to follow his commands. So we get Juggs with wind control (that can be used offensively and to fly)
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e...Flight36-19.jpg
and http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i...Flight69-23.jpg
They can be as fast as http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g...Flight37-06.jpg

While this is all taking place, Juggernaut has activated his own personal forcefield and is just itching to hit something.

With all this done Kyle takes a moment says his oath, recharges his ring and prepares to battle.

The last thing my team does is get together and (juggs takes his helmet off for this) have Kyle implant in their minds something that will make them all bloodthirsty, fighting all out without remorse (use your imagination as to what those reasons are *ie Shamans daughter has been captured* ).
Proof that the ring can work on the mind in different ways:
http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?...9rougher1ma.jpg

Now Juggernaut, Shaman, and Kyle are ready to rumble. evil face

To be honest, if we can't charge up Magneto in our opening prep strategy, then I don't think they should be able to do all of this. erm Sorry Blair/newjak, it just doesn't seem fair.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 10:01 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Dude....we went over it already. Look at Newjaks post

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 10:03 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Dude....we went over it already. Look at Newjaks post

Which one?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 10:04 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

opening post was mine.....newjaks actual post. As stated the only thing not allowed was the Shaman turning into "supershaman"

and please, can I ask everyone to stop? This is me and newjak VS Khell and KVD. Im tired of having to talk to you guys (no offense)

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 10:07 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Digimark, please delete Batdude's posts as well as this one.

>Z<

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 11:45 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

[Judge's Note]

Newjak, I thought your character was Juggernaut? Your post seems more based on the abilities of Kyle Rayner who is B-Dubs character. Shaman is the team character. Blair Wind should be making the Green Lantern argument, so a majority of your last post, including all of the points you made regarding Green Lantern, are 'stricken from the record', per se.

Also, you might want to look at the 2 prior posts by myself and Digi. All of the constructs and spells cast during prep were nullified. Such actions must be done during battle. You can only come into combat with generic shielding functioning. All the GL Rings and Daxamites aren't on the field at the commencement of battle, they must be created during combat, not before.

Newjak shouldn't be able to argue for anything involving Rayner (Blair's character)....construct-related things are included in that. There was a misunderstanding earlier, and my ruling didn't come across clearly.

Digimark, please delete Batdude's posts as well as this one.

I can't actually delete other peoples' posts. I can edit them down to basically nothing, but not remove them.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 03:29 AM