KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain Marvel (DC) vs Wonder Woman

Captain Marvel (DC) vs Wonder Woman
Started by: joesha28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Read my post above. Thing and Colossus aren't class 100, by a significant margin.

Do you think WW is weaker than Superman??

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 01:53 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UniOmni
Read my post above. Thing and Colossus aren't class 100, by a significant margin.

Do you think WW is weaker than Superman??
I'm confused, both Colossus and Thing are classed as class 100. huh So you'd put Namor in the low rung CL100s with WW. Ok... see between Namor and WW there is a significant difference in strength. Your system seems kinda flawed. Lumping together people with diverse levels of strength, while at the same time separating out people without any significance to the difference.

Is WW weaker than Superman? Yes but not sufficiently to be the deciding factor between them. I think the same of Captain Marvel smile

Last edited by xmarksthespot on Jul 18th, 2006 at 02:01 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 01:59 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

What do i consider top tier?? Class 100, pretty much.

But i do believe there are sub classes within tiers.

Top Tier

Low Top Tier- WW, Maxima, Mongal and Cap Atom, Firelord, Hulk(starting off)

Middle Top Tier- Thor, BRB, Supergirl, Jonn, Surfer, Morg, Mortal Hercules and others.

Elite Top Tier- Superman, Black Adam, Cap Marvel, Hulk(enraged), Orion, LightRay, True Hercules, Doomsday, Stardust and others.

you can't put Marvel and DC characters in the same groups based on class 100. pretty much every DC character i see here is FAR above that.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:07 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Colossus is listed as Class 100 perhaps in a handbook, but he has no feats to validate that listing. None.
They will never put a true class 100 on a team like Xmen.
He would just throw off the team dynamic.

And Namor is listed as Class 85 in handbooks iirc. He's been shown to be above that many a time.
Going by people he's beaten, yeah he's class 100.
Who has Colossus beaten thats of any note??

As someone once said, " Namor doesn't contradict the handbooks. Handbooks contradict namor."

So you think Cap may be a bit stronger, but her skill and weaponry grant her a slight majority?? If so, i have no issue with that.
I just don't try to see things that really aren't there.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:11 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I was simply asking where you'd put these characters which most people on the forums consider at the cusp of CL100 in your division because it seemed flawed, and still does. How about Alpha Flight's Sasquatch?

So Namor is to be lumped with the low or middle tier under your system? Does Namor beat Captain Marvel underwater assuming both can breath?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:19 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Originally posted by The Pict
you can't put Marvel and DC characters in the same groups based on class 100. pretty much every DC character i see here is FAR above that.

Superman is the only DC character with a true plethora of strength feats.

One of these is his supposed "punching a moon in half", which to me looks like the equivalent of me extending my arms infront of me and simply running through a wall.

Another is the holding the blackhole feat.

Another is the pulling of the Earth, which was doing something with the earth to prevent water damage,iirc. And that was split between 3 people.

He has others, but he sets the bar in DC. And the ones who i put in his category, have done similar if not better, or have hurt him just by punching him. No bullshits, like magical charges, just pure punching power.

Hulk has feats that set him above Superman, and while nowadays they are far and few between, they exist.

DC Earth as a whole, does tend to operate a level above. But when the majority of your books have uber bricks in them, of course the feats are going to be plentiful.

Marvel Earth has two hardcore bricks, and that is Thor and Hulk. Hulk hasn't been nearly what he once was, and Thors dead/sleep.

No, Namor doesn't beat Cap Marvel underwater. But then again, i see Cap and Superman as equals, and WW as a bit beneath either in stats. Shouldn't be a surprise there.

Can you honestly tell me, that were WW and Teth to be switched in Sacrifice, that he would've needed the knite ring?? Really?

Last edited by UniOmni on Jul 18th, 2006 at 02:22 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:19 PM
Accel

The ring didn't do Diana any good at all, since she was punched back to Earth the instant she took it out.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:38 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Another is the pulling of the Earth, which was doing something with the earth to prevent water damage,iirc. And that was split between 3 people.
Yeah. Who was one of the other two? smile
No, Namor doesn't beat Cap Marvel underwater. But then again, i see Cap and Superman as equals, and WW as a bit beneath either in stats. Shouldn't be a surprise there.
Meh.. it really just seems like a Captain Marvel bias now. They're both significantly stronger than Namor, yet Namor beats her underwater but not him when whereas Namor can absorb electricity he can't absorb a sword.
Can you honestly tell me, that were WW and Teth to be switched in Sacrifice, that he would've needed the knite ring?? Really?
You seem to always mention this when she didn't use the Kryptonite ring in the actual fight with him. He flew them right near to the sun. There was no charging of her fists either.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:41 PM
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Its just that i've never seen her as an equal to Superman.
Thats how they've always been portrayed, from Precrisis to Post to Elseworlds.
She's only been in his range, but not on his level.

Superman killed her in S/B in about ten seconds. Can you really see that happening to Cap Marvel?

Cap MArvel vs Superman is always a stalemate. No so with Superman vs WW.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:44 PM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Is that the arc where he breaks her braces? huh

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:46 PM
Accel

Its just that i've never seen her as an equal to Superman.
Thats how they've always been portrayed, from Precrisis to Post to Elseworlds.
She's only been in his range, but not on his level.

Superman killed her in S/B in about ten seconds. Can you really see that happening to Cap Marvel?

Cap MArvel vs Superman is always a stalemate. No so with Superman vs WW.

Batman knocked out Marvel with just a kick in S/B. Can you really see that happening to WW?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:50 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Batman is like Wolverine. Godly on so many levels.

Yep, thats the arc.

But while that maybe questionable, what about the arc when WonderWoman tried to fight Superman with her dagger, and he pretty much dismissed her?? Skill bedamned there apparently.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:53 PM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

And strangled with the lasso which only she can wield? huh

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:54 PM
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Already admitted it was questionable. But the arc in Superman, where she tried to destroy some machine, and he pretty much dismissed her efforts........Where was her so vaunted skills then?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 03:00 PM
olympian

Originally posted by Accel
Batman knocked out Marvel with just a kick in S/B. Can you really see that happening to WW?

He didnt knock him out.

Not when Marvel was playing possum.

Last edited by olympian on Jul 18th, 2006 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 04:07 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Re: Captain Marvel (DC) vs Wonder Woman

Originally posted by joesha28
These two are the 3 Most powerful Heroes of the DCU along with Superman. These two trade punches with Kal. Who will win here?

Um... I already made this thread a while ago. confused

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 07:59 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by olympian
He didnt knock him out.

Not when Marvel was playing possum.

Who were the ones that were TRULY playing possum? shifty Superman and Batman jumped their asses when they weren't paying attention. wink

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:00 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Ok, I'm giving Wonder Woman her normal equipments..bracelets, lasso.

According to my opinion, When it comes to DC earth's most powerful HEROES not characters, mind you...I think both Superman and Cap Marvel tie at number 1 while Wonder Woman is a close number 2 even in strength. I'm not stating characters cos in terms of strength i think Black Adam might pip a little higher than Supes/Cap but that might be wrong cos Supes/Cap holds back often.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 06:54 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Colossus is listed as Class 100 perhaps in a handbook, but he has no feats to validate that listing. None.
They will never put a true class 100 on a team like Xmen.
He would just throw off the team dynamic.

And Namor is listed as Class 85 in handbooks iirc. He's been shown to be above that many a time.
Going by people he's beaten, yeah he's class 100.
Who has Colossus beaten thats of any note??

As someone once said, " Namor doesn't contradict the handbooks. Handbooks contradict namor."

So you think Cap may be a bit stronger, but her skill and weaponry grant her a slight majority?? If so, i have no issue with that.
I just don't try to see things that really aren't there.

The Official Marvel Handbook, Avengers 2004 lists his strength level as 100 tons, Per wikipedia subject matter: namor...

but anyways I'd like to think maybe that the 85 is an average. Between namor being in, and out of water. if thats what your handbook is showing.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 07:04 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

From Marvel.com: Namor possesses a high level of superhuman strength, enabling him to lift/press up to 100 tons while in contact with water; his strength gradually decreases according to the length of time he is out of water and can eventually dwindle to no more than slightly above human level.

So far, only marveldirectory.com is the only source showing namor to be 85... and thats a kinda dated website. any other books you looking at?

You know... If Namor had ANY kind of intelligence, he'd keep a decanter full of sea water on his body at all times, since just by having some he heals up and gets strong again.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 07:06 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote