KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » How strong is Wolverine's healing factor?

How strong is Wolverine's healing factor?
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Nope. Now I'm going to get some sleep, I'll catch up later. I'm sure it's an exciting issue. Maybe even the best so far. Damn, it's been over a year since the first part.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 04:27 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
lulz. Shingen wasn't killed wink

Originally posted by KingD19
he killed Shingen....for about 5 minutes.

I wonder if he's gonna wear Shogun's full armor in their next encounter or just the helmet.

Does anybody else think, that the guy who stood up at the end of the issue, wasn't Shingen, but Ogun in Shingen's body? Think about it, all of Ogun's bios have hinted that he's coming back for a while now, Phaedra never said she made Shingen immortal, and Shingen took Shogun's helmet. Shingen + Ogun = Shogun? Maybe I'm getting silly there, but what do you think? Is it a crazy idea, or is there a chance?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 07:32 PM
Ize19 is currently offline Click here to Send Ize19 a Private Message Find more posts by Ize19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Ize19
Does anybody else think, that the guy who stood up at the end of the issue, wasn't Shingen, but Ogun in Shingen's body? Think about it, all of Ogun's bios have hinted that he's coming back for a while now, Phaedra never said she made Shingen immortal, and Shingen took Shogun's helmet. Shingen + Ogun = Shogun? Maybe I'm getting silly there, but what do you think? Is it a crazy idea, or is there a chance?

You're making sense. There's definitely a chance for that. But is it within Ogun's powerset to possess someone who got a such acute head injury?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 10:08 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Does Ogun have any relation to the Beast (the patron demon of the Snake Root and the Hand, not Hank McCoy)?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 10:11 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

You're making sense. There's definitely a chance for that. But is it within Ogun's powerset to possess someone who got a such acute head injury?

Well, he's healed apparently fatal wounds before, but I don't know about head shots. That would be tough to explain, but come on! Shingen + Ogun = Shogun! It's gotta be, right?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 10:38 PM
Ize19 is currently offline Click here to Send Ize19 a Private Message Find more posts by Ize19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Ize19
Well, he's healed apparently fatal wounds before, but I don't know about head shots. That would be tough to explain, but come on! Shingen + Ogun = Shogun! It's gotta be, right?

Yeah, it's so obvious it hurts.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 11:22 PM
Satanam

Well, there are two comics proving that Wolverine is, in fact, immortal. Actually, it's more like being revived in PlanetSide 2: he dies and then comes back to life. Wolverine has already been decapitated by Hulk, so he "died" because he couldn't breathe. The cells of his body remained, so when the head was plugged in the body again, he resurrected.
Same for Hulk. Even though Wolverine is immortal in both aging and being injured and Bruce Banner isn't immortal, I remember Banner was shot to dead and Hulk became the owner of its body "forever". Too bad - for Hulk -, they kept him as Hulk and sedated him, so they could bring Banner and take care of him until he was strong enough to survive without Hulk.
I can only take it as: if Banner gets old and suffer from hearth attack, Hulk takes the place and lives forever, together with Wolverine.

TL;DR: Wolverine and Hulk could live together forever. That sounds gay, tho. Perhaps a new comics incoming about Hulk and Wolverine as husbands (or wives)? lol

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 04:07 AM
Satanam is currently offline Click here to Send Satanam a Private Message Find more posts by Satanam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

You're a bit late. Logan has been mortal for a long time now. Hard to kill, but mortal.

And there was Hulk: The End. When Banner was the last person on Earth and lived for a few hundred years after mutant roaches killed everything. Everyday the bugs would eat Hulk to mush, he'd heal, and continue. Then Banner finally has a heart attack and Hulk is left behind.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 07:41 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nerd2daMax

Yes i am pretty sure wolverine can die if you use a adamantium sword or dagger or sharp thing it could cut off his head and he would die i am just speculating though because adamantium is one of the only things that can cut through adamantium
Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 30th, 2013 09:21 AM
Nerd2daMax is currently offline Click here to Send Nerd2daMax a Private Message Find more posts by Nerd2daMax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

No. It doesn't work that way. They just said that in Origins. Adamantium can't cut through Adamantium. Just like you can't expect steel to cut through steel.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2013 02:16 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ames0Bailey
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean did his healing factor some how upgrade or something?(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 1st, 2013 02:45 AM
ames0Bailey is currently offline Click here to Send ames0Bailey a Private Message Find more posts by ames0Bailey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

The healing factor is really a plot device that is as powerful as it needs to be.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 8th, 2013 07:52 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by Vensai
The healing factor is really a plot device that is as powerful as it needs to be.

thumb up
for 616/mainstream, i guess thats true for other charecters with healing factors also

Old Post Aug 8th, 2013 10:01 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Depends on your wolverine. Ultimate wolverine was weak sauce and 616 wolverine fluctuates between insane and outrageous.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Aug 9th, 2013 01:27 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by SevenShackles
Depends on your wolverine. Ultimate wolverine was weak sauce and 616 wolverine fluctuates between insane and outrageous.

What? Ultimate Wolverine survived as a head with his body seven floors/stories below him. With not only full cognitive abilities, but he could somehow speak although he didn't have anything below his chin. Fury told him that because he didn't have lungs, his head instantly adapted and he was now breathing through his skin.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2013 02:52 AM
Vensai

Originally posted by KingD19
What? Ultimate Wolverine survived as a head with his body seven floors/stories below him. With not only full cognitive abilities, but he could somehow speak although he didn't have anything below his chin. Fury told him that because he didn't have lungs, his head instantly adapted and he was now breathing through his skin.

Really? That sounds rather impressive. When was this?

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 15th, 2013 07:00 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not immortal.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 12:45 AM
ROTJ Vader is currently offline Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote