KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » "Ultimate" Spider-Man Discussion Thread

Favorite Ultimate Spider-Man villain??
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Green Goblin 4 5.41%
Doctor Octopus 10 13.51%
Venom 38 51.35%
Electro 4 5.41%
Carnage 6 8.11%
Kingpin 2 2.70%
Hobgoblin 2 2.70%
Vulture 0 0%
Rhino 2 2.70%
Shocker 6 8.11%
Total: 74 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

"Ultimate" Spider-Man Discussion Thread
Started by: Dan-El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Well, it's probably a bad guy, seeing as how Ronin's standing on top of Spidey and all. Hmmm, this is interesting.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 03:35 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

maybe his just pointing out to spider where he left his lens drop!
and spider say ,oh gee i can see them now, thanks.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 02:54 AM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DBZ MAN
The First Super Sayain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
maybe his just pointing out to spider where he left his lens drop!
and spider say ,oh gee i can see them now, thanks.

....no no didn't get a word of that.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 09:24 PM
DBZ MAN is currently offline Click here to Send DBZ MAN a Private Message Find more posts by DBZ MAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Originally posted by Dan-El
Well, it's probably a bad guy, seeing as how Ronin's standing on top of Spidey and all. Hmmm, this is interesting.

It could be a good guy, heroes don't always get along in comics. How many times has Spidey fought Cap, DD, etc.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 03:15 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Well, I picked up USM 106 on Wednesday. It's a damn good start.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 05:32 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

aggghhh what a horrible issue...stupid, and with bad arts, bagley got really wasted by being the only hand on this comics.
***** in the end looks exactly like ******** or like a trangender!!!!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2007 10:21 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

How is it stupid? They've been leading up to this since the Warriors arc and the 2nd Annual!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2007 10:57 PM
freezedoom
Alburqueque

Ugh. Another Daredevil/Spiderman meeting leading to a plan
to kill an overly fat mob boss.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2007 11:01 PM
freezedoom is currently offline Click here to Send freezedoom a Private Message Find more posts by freezedoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Another? This is the first! Since when, in the Ultimate universe, has Daredevil enlisted Spidey to help him take out the Kingpin? I believe the answer is... never.

The Kingpin, besides Doc Ock and the Green Goblin, is the only good reoccuring villain!

Oh, and I think that Ronin's a bad guy. I really do.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 12:48 AM
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

aggghhh what a horrible issue...stupid, and with bad arts, bagley got really wasted by being the only hand on this comics.
***** in the end looks exactly like ******** or like a trangender!!!!

I'm really gonna have to disagree with you on this one. First off, lets talk about the artwork. In all honesty, I was pretty impressed by it. Some of the past few issues, while none being bad by any means, were not Bagley-good. The new issue was pretty high quality stuff.

As for the transgener comment. In what possible way is this issue even remotley relating to transgender? Its pretty obvious who's on the page and she looks just as good as any other time Bagley has drawn her.

"If you desire one thing for so long, it's a given that you'll
miss other things along the way. That's how it is... that's
life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 03:39 AM
kiekan is currently offline Click here to Send kiekan a Private Message Find more posts by kiekan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

read the deadpool arc and come back here and say that again!
the art has declined a lot! bagley no longers draws background out of "laziness" more problably due to time as well.his face especially on this comic are deformed! look at one box with peter in the bugley i mean wTH? and look at ******* in the end, she looks very masculine, its well know bagley sucks at drawing woman but this......was way too much.beside he made her look much older in that panel.
its time to bagley to leave,it was great untill after deadpool arc, but after it he began to feel the weight of being the only artist.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 03:51 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

The Deadpool arc sucked. I don't care how great Bagley's work was, that should have been two issues at the most.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 04:31 AM
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

read the deadpool arc and come back here and say that again!
the art has declined a lot! bagley no longers draws background out of "laziness" more problably due to time as well.his face especially on this comic are deformed! look at one box with peter in the bugley i mean wTH? and look at ******* in the end, she looks very masculine, its well know bagley sucks at drawing woman but this......was way too much.beside he made her look much older in that panel.
its time to bagley to leave,it was great untill after deadpool arc, but after it he began to feel the weight of being the only artist.

Again, gonna have to disagree with you on all those points. I've just looked through the Bugle related panels.... and ummm, Peter looks great in those. How are any of the faces in this issue deformed looking at all? The only problem I have with Bagley's drawings of women, is that their faces tend to have very little variation between them. Other than that, he does a pretty darn good job with his art.

I'm majoring in illustration myself right now, and Bagley has been one of my influences for while. There is a reason for that.

life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 05:40 AM
kiekan is currently offline Click here to Send kiekan a Private Message Find more posts by kiekan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spiderman/venom

ultimate spider-man

Originally posted by Doc Ock
How far have you read??

Im only on vol. 7, which ends on issue 85 sad Oh, and sorry it took me awhile to reply.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 02:47 PM
spiderman/venom is currently offline Click here to Send spiderman/venom a Private Message Find more posts by spiderman/venom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

So how's everyone feel about the latest issue?

Personally, I thought it was excellent. Well done, and it seems like Bagley's putting extra care into his art now that he'll be leaving.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 12:27 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvel_knight90

just read newst issue and think this arc is going well so far.

Also when you guys think they will bring back Venom?

Old Post May 8th, 2007 10:41 PM
marvel_knight90 is currently offline Click here to Send marvel_knight90 a Private Message Find more posts by marvel_knight90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

problably after this arc. i still want to see the beetle.

"it seems like Bagley's putting extra care into his art now that he'll be leaving."

yah.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 12:09 AM
intelegent purp

ultimate spiderman sucks, how can you rewrite all those great characters ? I get wanting to change the dated camp costumes but not the classic history, ok maybe certain things like small details could be refined, you know like the genetically engineerd spider instead of a radioactive spider or getting rid of his webslingers and making him able to create his own webs, there are certain things you can and connot change, now dont get me wrong Im all for reinventing the amazing spiderman for younger generations, I like the idea of going back to the begining before the clones and the marriage and everything but not if it means loosing the characters I fell in love with.
spiderman unlimited sucks

Old Post May 17th, 2007 09:46 PM
intelegent purp is currently offline Click here to Send intelegent purp a Private Message Find more posts by intelegent purp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Love all the spiderman comics

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 17th, 2007 11:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

Originally posted by intelegent purp
ultimate spiderman sucks, how can you rewrite all those great characters ? I get wanting to change the dated camp costumes but not the classic history, ok maybe certain things like small details could be refined, you know like the genetically engineerd spider instead of a radioactive spider or getting rid of his webslingers and making him able to create his own webs, there are certain things you can and connot change, now dont get me wrong Im all for reinventing the amazing spiderman for younger generations, I like the idea of going back to the begining before the clones and the marriage and everything but not if it means loosing the characters I fell in love with.
spiderman unlimited sucks

Your right, Spider-man Unlimited totally did suck. But it doesn't seem like you've ever actually ready an arc from Ultimate Spider-man. Its very well written and isn't a simple re-invention of the character. It's a story all its own. Don't knock it until you try it. Give a whole arc a read and then bash it if you truly don't like it.

life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post May 19th, 2007 02:31 AM