KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » "Ultimate" Spider-Man Discussion Thread

Favorite Ultimate Spider-Man villain??
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Green Goblin 4 5.41%
Doctor Octopus 10 13.51%
Venom 38 51.35%
Electro 4 5.41%
Carnage 6 8.11%
Kingpin 2 2.70%
Hobgoblin 2 2.70%
Vulture 0 0%
Rhino 2 2.70%
Shocker 6 8.11%
Total: 74 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

"Ultimate" Spider-Man Discussion Thread
Started by: Dan-El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Hey, Ock is pretty much the only villain that hasn't had a major revamp! The major difference is that he worked at Osborn Industries and gained the arms in the same accident as Norman's. He's ****ing harsh!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 11:30 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Other than that he's probably one of the only villans that hasn't pissed of his fans... Horay!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 11:49 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

I guess. The only villains that pissed me off were Carnage, Morbius, and... oh, Geldoff. He's not in 616 canon, but he's still irritating.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 12:06 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Yeah.. wtf was the point of the irrisposible arc ... besides Pete and MJ getting back tgether with one of the most explicit make out scenes... I was kinda grossed out.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 01:03 AM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Ultimate Ock rocks. Best villain in USM.

Worst has to be Carnage and the Scorpion. Oh and Hobgoblin was pretty bad too.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 01:11 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Agreed with Ock, though I have yet to read the issue with Scorpion.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 01:24 PM
symbiosis
Host Organism

I think that the scorpion being mixed in with the whole clone thing is retarded but his costume kicks A$$!!!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:45 PM
symbiosis is currently offline Click here to Send symbiosis a Private Message Find more posts by symbiosis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
They've had a new colorer since...86

I know that, but something seemed to be wrong with the printing, or something. I don't know. Maybe it was my copy.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 04:03 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
symbiosis
Host Organism

No, it wasn't just your copy it does seem like the colorist was a little drunk when he did this issue! and is there usually two inkers? that might have something to do with it.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 04:34 PM
symbiosis is currently offline Click here to Send symbiosis a Private Message Find more posts by symbiosis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DBZ MAN
The First Super Sayain

I think the idea of using the scorpian as the clone identity of Peter was an excellent idea. The powers of each are very similar so it makes sense.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 06:17 PM
DBZ MAN is currently offline Click here to Send DBZ MAN a Private Message Find more posts by DBZ MAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Originally posted by H. S. 6
I know that, but something seemed to be wrong with the printing, or something. I don't know. Maybe it was my copy.
That's how I felt with vol 9... but I realized it was just to make us feel special.
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
I think the idea of using the scorpian as the clone identity of Peter was an excellent idea. The powers of each are very similar so it makes sense.
Oh, lord... I just want to see Spidey and Carnage as one in the same again like in the game. They do that and Bendis can do what ever the *** he wants to that comic. But he MUST redeem carnage. It's mandatory.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 06:43 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

That's how I felt with vol 9... but I realized it was just to make us feel special.

I see... This makes me feel all--I don't know--warm and fuzzy inside. confused

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 11:43 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

I read issue 97 today, and I have to say that I enjoyed it thoroughly. Pete's line of there being a "new sherrif in crazy town" to Aunt May was hilarious! The colors and pencils were kind of a throwback to the look of the early USM issues, and I love the story so far!

Using Scorpion as the springboard for the clone saga makes more sense to me than using Mac Gargan. That'd be a whole involved process, and would probably need it's own arc. The way that Bendis is presenting this whole thing totally redeems the ridicuolous clone saga storylines nearly ten years ago. I'm looking forward to the rest!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 01:40 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

This looks like it might just make USM....

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 11:26 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Yeah is scorpion Mac? Or is he an EX sheild like vulture too... big let down.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 03:23 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Yeah is scorpion Mac? Or is he an EX sheild like vulture too... big let down.

Scorpion isn't Mac.
Scorpion is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the first clone of Peter Parker.
It makes sense, since Scorpy is the first villain to kick off the ultimate clone saga.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 05:02 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

And they do have similar powers. yes

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 03:18 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Originally posted by H. S. 6
And they do have similar powers. yes
Exactly. I think there could have been waaay worse ways to handle it, and we all know that bad ideas seem to be Bendis's style, lol!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 01:08 PM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

I was gonna get 97 today happy I didn't although my BF skimmed through and showed me it was Petes clone. I wish I had more money. Still happy I picked Deadpool prts 1+2 over it though.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 12:14 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Hehehe. I am a sneaky devil... [insert "sneaky devil" smilie here]

Lookie what I found while re-reading my Ultimate Spider-Man issues... That Bendis is a liar. no

(By the way, this is from the reader letters at the end of the issue.)

(please log in to view the image)

And he went out of his way to make a big deal out of it and insult Reilly fans. Pity, really.

Sorry. Had to post that. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 02:17 AM