KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thing Vs Wolverine

Who takes it ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thing 27 50.00%
Wolverine 24 44.44%
To close to call 3 5.56%
They take each other down 0 0%
Total: 54 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thing Vs Wolverine
Started by: S.G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

Wolverine not being affected by Hulk's thunderclap is pure BULL SH*T. When Hulk and Juggernaut were fighting the Avengers, Hulk's thunderclap actually rocked Hercules, so unless someone has evidence that proves that Wolverine is more durable than Hercules, there's NO WAY that should have happened. Don't worry, there's no shame in being hurt by one of the Hulks thunderclaps, I mean c'mon, he's the freakin Hulk.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 05:06 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Wolverine taking even one shot from the green guy who hoisted a 150 million ton mountain on his back, b1tch slapped onslaught and busted his armor, and punched and broke an asteroid the size of the earth, is the biggest PIS ever. I would love to see a writer have the story play out as it should. The Hulk meets up with Wolverine and grabs him by the head and heaves him from Ohio to Florida. Seriously, i'm sick of the crap stories just because Wolverine pays the bills.

Oh, the Thing wins 10/10.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 05:27 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lft4ded
the Desert Moon

Re: Re: Thing Vs Wolverine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riceroost
If Hulk can't take Wolverine down with Thunderclap Thing doesn't have a prayer, so your entire strategy is shot... as usual.

I remember one case of Hulk thunderclapping and Wolverine being okay but has it happened more than once?

The incident I remember is they were digging and Hulk thunderclapped to make a hole for them. Hulk was using to achieve that specific end and not to hurt Wolverine. I just chalked that up to artistic license because it didn't really make any sense. Hulk's never just thunderclapped the ground right out from beneath his feet before and the fact that Wolverine wasn't sent flying, when other, heavier, heroes have screams artistic license. Then again, he needs to have his license revoked. Then again I've always thought Keith's (IIRC) art was terrible and horribly exaggerated.

Because he wasn't sent flying and was just standing there muttering something like 'Great, now what...' makes it, IMHO, PIS.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 06:52 AM
lft4ded is currently offline Click here to Send lft4ded a Private Message Find more posts by lft4ded Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riceroost

Originally posted by darthgoober
Wolverine not being affected by Hulk's thunderclap is pure BULL SH*T. When Hulk and Juggernaut were fighting the Avengers, Hulk's thunderclap actually rocked Hercules, so unless someone has evidence that proves that Wolverine is more durable than Hercules, there's NO WAY that should have happened. Don't worry, there's no shame in being hurt by one of the Hulks thunderclaps, I mean c'mon, he's the freakin Hulk.
No one said that Wolverine was more durable, but he probably does recover faster than Herc. Hulk's thunderclap hurt Wolverine in Hulk # 340, Wolverine just recovered from it. I never said it wouldn't hurt him, just that Wolverine survived it and continued fighting, which he did again after the whole Savage Land meeting.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 09:07 PM
riceroost is currently offline Click here to Send riceroost a Private Message Find more posts by riceroost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Although he did mention that it nearly killed him.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 09:24 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

no he said it was nearly leathal... but hey he's also said that sabretooth has given him multiple mortal wounds... none of those came close to killing him so....

bah wolverine's been completely uneffected by a hulk thunderclap in their 4 part mini...

point is.. thing's thunderclap.. MIGHT work...

but if wolverine's already in range.. well.. he's speedblitzed about half a dozen people off the top of my head so fast that they didn't have time to pull their trigger fingers.. but things gonna get a thunderclap off on logan? it's argueable at best.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 10:24 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by jinzin
no he said it was nearly leathal... but hey he's also said that sabretooth has given him multiple mortal wounds... none of those came close to killing him so....

bah wolverine's been completely uneffected by a hulk thunderclap in their 4 part mini...

Bullcrap no expression

Grey Hulk's thunderclap nearly KO'ed Wolverine no expression

Ben is stronger than Grey Hulk, so I would imagine his Thunder Clap would be even more immense

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 10:52 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

it nearly KOed wolverine? is that why hulk still couldn't connect with wolverine dodging all around him? is that why he got kicked in the face by wolverine avoiding every attempt to hit him? is that why he got ran through the chest? confused

cause wolverine was almost KOed? no expression

WRONG!

no he's not.. he MIGHT have a greater base strength.. but an angry grey hulk>>>thing in the strnegth dep.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 10:55 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

it nearly KOed wolverine? is that why hulk still couldn't connect with wolverine dodging all around him? is that why he got kicked in the face by wolverine avoiding every attempt to hit him? is that why he got ran through the chest? confused

cause wolverine was almost KOed? no expression

WRONG!

no he's not.. he MIGHT have a greater base strength.. but an angry grey hulk>>>thing in the strnegth dep.

Bah, Grey Hulk = Suckage

Wolverine even says it nearly KO's him no expression

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 10:57 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

No he doesn't... confused

he said it's almost leathal... ALMOST.. which doesn't account for much at all considering that sabretooth has given him dozens of "mortal wounds" in the same fight and it didn't do anything to put loges down.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 11:11 PM
MJOILNIR

I truly believe that Thing should be able to thrash Logan all day wink Thats just my opinion. I know whats happened in the comics but it doesn't stop me from thinking" My god, why hasn't thing grabbed him and threw him into the atmosphere yet?" or something like that. I know if thing can hit him he can grab him. Logans not that fast.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 11:53 PM
MJOILNIR is currently offline Click here to Send MJOILNIR a Private Message Find more posts by MJOILNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

he moves faster than human eyes can register.. confused

so apparently he IS that fast.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 11:56 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Wolverine.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 12:00 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MJOILNIR

Ben can hit him. If he can hit him he could grab him. If that were to happen theres no reason for Logan to stay in the same county as Ben.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 12:03 AM
MJOILNIR is currently offline Click here to Send MJOILNIR a Private Message Find more posts by MJOILNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Ben can hit him. If he can hit him he could grab him. If that were to happen theres no reason for Logan to stay in the same county as Ben.

That's a tough call. Wolverine is SO much more agile than Grimm, it's not even funny. If he would dance circles around Ben and fight smart, a claw slash to the face, nads, chest, or stomach would incapacitate Ben long enough for Wolverine to finish him off. Wolverine ftw.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 12:05 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Bah.

A few Thudnerclaps, and Ben grabs Wolverine and gives him the beating of a lifetime yes

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 12:06 AM
MJOILNIR

Gotta be able to make the tuff calls big grin I know how Logan fights but Ben has hit him many times. I think he could do it. I dont think it would happen that way on panel though/

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 12:07 AM
jinzin

Originally posted by MJOILNIR
unless wolverine uses one of those faster than the human eye can trace slashes to hack bejie's arm off... confused

Originally posted by Grimm22
Bah.

A few Thudnerclaps, and Ben grabs Wolverine and gives him the beating of a lifetime yes

or he gets speedblitzed and stabbed in the face before he even has the chance to thunderclap.. no expression

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 12:16 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

unless wolverine uses one of those faster than the human eye can trace slashes to hack bejie's arm off... confused

or he gets speedblitzed and stabbed in the face before he even has the chance to thunderclap.. no expression

Consideirng Ben has fought guys a LOT faster than Wolverine, im going to say that aint happening no expression

Wolverine isnt THAT fast.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 12:18 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

unless wolverine uses one of those faster than the human eye can trace slashes to hack bejie's arm off... confused|

Wolverine shouldnt be able to stab Ben no expression

None the less amputate him

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 12:19 AM