KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thing Vs Wolverine

Who takes it ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thing 27 50.00%
Wolverine 24 44.44%
To close to call 3 5.56%
They take each other down 0 0%
Total: 54 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thing Vs Wolverine
Started by: S.G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinzin

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 12:45 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grimm22
Wolverine shouldnt be able to stab Ben no expression

None the less amputate him
too bad wolverine isn't limited to how you WANT him to be portrayed instead of how he actually is, he can stab ben just fine.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 12:45 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 01:22 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by jinzin
too bad wolverine isn't limited to how you WANT him to be portrayed instead of how he actually is, he can stab ben just fine.

Sure he can roll eyes (sarcastic)

Considering that, Ben fought an alterntive dimension form of himself with advanced technology who couldnt cut Ben's hide, none the less stab him no expression

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 01:50 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

first off... like whom?

First off, Wolverine cannot Speedblitz no expression

Second, off...

Namor

Torch

ect...

Guys who are 100x faster than Wolverine

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 01:52 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

no he said it was nearly leathal... but hey he's also said that sabretooth has given him multiple mortal wounds... none of those came close to killing him so....

bah wolverine's been completely uneffected by a hulk thunderclap in their 4 part mini...

point is.. thing's thunderclap.. MIGHT work...

but if wolverine's already in range.. well.. he's speedblitzed about half a dozen people off the top of my head so fast that they didn't have time to pull their trigger fingers.. but things gonna get a thunderclap off on logan? it's argueable at best.
Lethal=deadly.

Either way Logan has speed and agility, and thing has strength, although I don't think Wolverine will just gut him once, he'll definitely wear him down some. And one good thunderclap deserves another.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 02:15 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

this is a very interesting fight IMO, considering one's a heavyweight near-powerhouse with 80-ton strength, and the others just a mere lightweight. but would also win this fightno expression and is also much much quicker than thing, like batdude said, he'd be runnin circles around him n slashin him everywhere, and has a healing factor which>>thunderclaps from thing IMO. Wolverine shreds em up.
Wolverine 7/10

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 02:22 AM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I don't think he'd heal if Thing were to consecutively thunderclap him.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 02:23 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

^only way he'd be able to do thats if thing grabs him, and giving u the benefit of the doubt saying that would happen, wolvie could still shred his way out of his hand and continue jumpin around all over him, and cuttin him in diff places, till the things nothing but a pile of rocks no expression

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 02:26 AM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Thunderclap is a distance attack, why would he need to grab him? That is in that scenario.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 02:29 AM
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

ohh. i thought a thunderclaps like when he picks him up n smashes him in the palms of his hands.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 02:31 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Second, off...

Namor

Torch

ect...

see u just got owned by jinzin you should just stop now.

also nice list.
wolverine has hit both torch and namor very easiliy.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 05:51 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

I'd have to go with Wolverine. Sigh. I swear Galactus made him herald level or something.. considering the guys he hurts...

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 05:53 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Thunderclap for the win. Thing can do more than one ya know.

One thunderclap is enough to daze Wolvie. Several dozen more wil hurt and incapacitate him.

Then well, the rest if history.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 06:34 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lft4ded
the Desert Moon

he moves faster than human eyes can register.. confused

so apparently he IS that fast.

Every human doesn't register things the same. Obviously for all their training the Hand doesn't have great reflexes, and they're professional ninja. Captain America, Nomad, Widow. I don't think anyone would say *they* couldn't follow Wolverine with their *human* eyes.

Hyperbole aside, I don't think Thing easily laying a mitt on Wolverine but I do think its more likely than not, especially if he's disoriented by a thunderclap.

Last edited by lft4ded on Sep 12th, 2006 at 09:47 AM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 09:44 AM
lft4ded is currently offline Click here to Send lft4ded a Private Message Find more posts by lft4ded Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

He doesn't believe that or else Wolverine moves several times faster than the Speed of sound. A very bad bad feat to use, because we all know it's kinda far fetched and wouldn't happen with our characters. I mean does anyone seriously see logan becoming invisible in all of his fights?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 10:43 AM
Jimmy-Chan

I see this fight as a toss-up.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 10:46 AM
Jimmy-Chan is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy-Chan a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy-Chan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S.G
Restricted

Account Restricted

My threads are a success !!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Thanks Jugg6666 for the sig
http://www.lililicious.net/

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 11:24 AM
S.G is currently offline Click here to Send S.G a Private Message Find more posts by S.G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Damn... nice scans.

thank you

Sure he can roll eyes (sarcastic)

Considering that, Ben fought an alterntive dimension form of himself with advanced technology who couldnt cut Ben's hide, none the less stab him no expression

considering he didn't have and admantium-beta molecule thin razor sharp blade to cut him with.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Second, off...

Namor

Torch

ect...

first off.. wolverine CAN speedblitz. that blue jibberish with the lines under them, they're not just there for decoration.... click on them, you'll see plenty of wolverine speedblitzing.. so I guess he CAN speedblitze... pfffft....

second off.. both of those guys are ONLY faster in the air not in hand to hand and NOT COMPARIBLE.. so you still need to find some good examples cause those examples suck.

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Lethal=deadly.

Either way Logan has speed and agility, and thing has strength, although I don't think Wolverine will just gut him once, he'll definitely wear him down some. And one good thunderclap deserves another.

mortal=deadly... doesn't help sabretooth does it?

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I don't think he'd heal if Thing were to consecutively thunderclap him.

me either.. the question is do they start this fight at a great enough distance that thing can take advantage of that attack? and if they are at that great a distance will the attack even work?

Originally posted by capt it up
see u just got owned by jinzin you should just stop now.

also nice list.
wolverine has hit both torch and namor very easiliy.

Originally posted by lft4ded
Every human doesn't register things the same. Obviously for all their training the Hand doesn't have great reflexes, and they're professional ninja. Captain America, Nomad, Widow. I don't think anyone would say *they* couldn't follow Wolverine with their *human* eyes.

Hyperbole aside, I don't think Thing easily laying a mitt on Wolverine but I do think its more likely than not, especially if he's disoriented by a thunderclap.

we don't know that for certain.. wolverine's never went all out on any of these people, save the werewolf event and well he had the brain of a werewolf so... in any case wolverine is definitely one fast mutha****a, there's a chance that thing might be able to hit him or grab him but there an even greater chance that logan will stab straight through his face before that ever becomes an issue.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 07:12 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

mortal=deadly... doesn't help sabretooth does it?

You said lethal not I, and being mortally wounded is slightly different as I'm sure you know. Especially for these two.

me either.. the question is do they start this fight at a great enough distance that thing can take advantage of that attack? and if they are at that great a distance will the attack even work?
I don't think they start face to face breathing on each other, I thought it was a 60ft distance. It should work due to Logan's senses. While I think Logan can hurt Ben, I don't think he'll gut him like he would a human.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 07:34 PM