KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thing Vs Wolverine

Who takes it ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thing 27 50.00%
Wolverine 24 44.44%
To close to call 3 5.56%
They take each other down 0 0%
Total: 54 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thing Vs Wolverine
Started by: S.G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I actually find that generous on your behalf... if I must say so... I thought you were going higher.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 11:42 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I actually find that generous on your behalf... if I must say so... I thought you were going higher.

Yeah laughing

Its like my part of my continence is telling me to give Wolverine the win while the other is telling me to give Ben the win stick out tongue

Last edited by Grimm22 on Sep 13th, 2006 at 12:06 AM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 11:58 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Grimm22
Yeah laughing

Its like my part of my contience is telling me to give Wolverine the win while the other is telling me to give Ben the win stick out tongue

For the love of God, can't you spell the word "conscience" right?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 12:00 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by batdude123
For the love of God, can't you spell the word "conscience" right?

No no expression

BECAUSE DOOM DEMANDS IT! mad

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 12:06 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I know that Grimm doesn't have superhuman hearing but shouldn't a thunderclap effect him as well? At the very least it should agitate his inner ear and throw of his balance and the worst have him on his knees vomitting would it not?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 12:07 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I know that Grimm doesn't have superhuman hearing but shouldn't a thunderclap effect him as well? At the very least it should agitate his inner ear and throw of his balance and the worst have him on his knees vomitting would it not?

You'd think so, but it's never happened to anybody who's ever used a thunderclap before. erm Regardless, Wolverine ftw...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 12:09 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Considering even if that were true, Ben wouldnt fall no expression

He's taken MUCH MUCH worse.

Its almost as stupid as saying Ben would just give up and cry after being stabbed in the arm

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 12:10 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Considering even if that were true, Ben wouldnt fall no expression

He's taken MUCH MUCH worse.

Its almost as stupid as saying Ben would just give up and cry after being stabbed in the arm

It doesn't matter how durable Ben is irritating his inner ear would still have the same effect on him. If he doesn't fall to ground in has nothing to do with his will power or his durability and everything to do with his military training. He was Airborne or at the very least Pilot. Anyway if his inner ear was thrown off (which it should be) his balance and coordination would be thrown off long after Wolverine recovered from what ever damage it caused to him.

You know that there is a major artery around the area where Wolverine stabbed Ben? Maybe he thought it was hit and tried his best to stem the flow of blood so he wouldn't bleed out... or something?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 12:40 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Nopeno

As Ben put it "I'm just to stubborn and stupid to give up"

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 12:46 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

It would be like me playing the cymbals, very loud to everyone around me, but since I'm making the impact and sound it affects me very little.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 12:47 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Nopeno

As Ben put it "I'm just to stubborn and stupid to give up"

Fine, fine he can stumble around and vomit while standing up. Are you happy now?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 12:50 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Yet, Champion gave him the beating of a life time and he didnt give up then no expression

or 1000x other times he has taken much worse.

The only "argument" Wolverine fans give with that scan is that he hit a nerve, which makes no sense because Ben's body is much different than ours

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 12:53 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Yet, Champion gave him the beating of a life time and he didnt give up then no expression

or 1000x other times he has taken much worse.

The only "argument" Wolverine fans give with that scan is that he hit a nerve, which makes no sense because Ben's body is much different than ours

Durability plays little into it though agitating the inner ear can't be resisted by sheer force of will. It throws off your bodies equilibrium, you can even lose consciousness. Grimm can't say "Grrr... I'm tough!" and will have no effect on him. I doubt he will pass out or anything but he would be in pretty bad shape and have one hell of a head ache.

And yeah the shoulder thing didn't make much sense but I blame Romita and his art. The only thing I could think of that would make Thing drop to the ground like that would be if Wolverine hit an artery... but seeing as Ben is still alive that is clearly not what happened. I don't know what to tell 'ya Grimm. The best I can do is Millar sucks and Romita sucks harder.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 01:02 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Ben dosent say stuff like "Grr im tough"

He would probobly say YOW or DAMNIT or somthing like that, then make a quip and keep fighting.

Maybe if he had stabbed Ben in the heart or somthing it might make more sense.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 01:05 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Ben gets his rock hide slashed to hell here.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 01:07 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Ben gets his rock hide slashed to hell here.

While Ben just stands there and lets it happen apparently

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 01:08 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Ben dosent say stuff like "Grr im tough"

He would probobly say YOW or DAMNIT or somthing like that, then make a quip and keep fighting.

Maybe if he had stabbed Ben in the heart or somthing it might make more sense.

Hehe I didn't mean he would literally say "Grrr I'm tough". Anyway he can be as stubborn and tough as he wants but that wouldn't help him walk on a severed limb would it? Same goes with his equilibrium being thrown off, he'd just need to wait for his body to right its self.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 01:15 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

While Ben just stands there and lets it happen apparently

Couldn't do shit to Wolverine while he's flippin' and floppin' all over Grimm's rocky ass.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 01:18 AM
Accel

Couldn't do shit to Wolverine while he's flippin' and floppin' all over Grimm's rocky ass.

Then Thing blows him....

...like so.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 01:22 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Accel
Then Thing blows him....

...like so.
(please log in to view the image)

Then Wolverine farts and they both die. Not even Wolverine's healing factor could save him....

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 01:26 AM