KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who is Marvel's Wonder Woman?

Who is Marvel's Wonder Woman?
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SkinWalker

Attachment: amazon.jpg
This has been downloaded 111 time(s).

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 03:16 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marvelprince
If there's none now then I have Ms Marvel in the near future. She started out as their Wonderwoman, then they went ahead and made her a drunk and had her raped. Now she's back with a new book (a very good one I might add), she's pro-reg but imo is the most likeable of the all the other pro-reg people and soon it appears she'll be leading the Mighty Avengers. Marvel seems really intent on pushing Carol to be their lead female character and I gotta say it looks like its working

She does have potential to be only if they wrte her right ike u said. I never knew she was raped, when was this?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 03:56 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
She does have potential to be only if they wrte her right ike u said. I never knew she was raped, when was this?

She was raped by her own son who impregnated her and became his own father.

Yeah....

sad

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 09:56 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Originally posted by Draco69

Yeah....

sad

I had to check Wiki, I didnt believe you.. But god no expression That's sick... sick

Like in futurama, that was funny though smile

This? Sickening! sick sad

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 09:59 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by V for Valentine
I had to check Wiki, I didnt believe you.. But god no expression That's sick... sick

Like in futurama, that was funny though smile

This? Sickening! sick sad

I still don't believe you guys...Goes to Wiki(Reliable ain't it)

Ew, ew, ew...how come they retcon everything else but that?

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Oct 7th, 2006 at 10:03 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 10:00 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Yeah....

sad

laughing out loud pwnt

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 10:04 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I still don't believe you guys...Goes to Wiki(Reliable ain't it)

Ew, ew, ew...how come they retcon everything else but that?

Because the people at Marvel are idiots.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 10:15 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Accel
Because the people at Marvel are idiots.

So you think so too?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 10:17 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Yeah....

sad

Damn what issue was this?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 01:29 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Avengers

Ms. Marvel joins the Avengers shortly after her solo series folded, [issue # needed] but several months later is sidelined due to a surprise pregnancy. As shown in Avengers #200, her pregnancy progresses at an abnormal speed, and she gives birth to a son within weeks. Her son, Marcus, quickly grows to adulthood and reveals that he is from Limbo, a dimension outside of time and that he has fallen in love with Danvers. The story reveals that Marcus kidnapped Danvers during a previous mission and used mind-control devices to force her to fall in love with him. He seduced and impregnated her, transferred his essence into her womb, becoming his own son. After he makes this revelation to Danvers and her fellow Avengers, she inexplicably agrees to be his partner and leaves the team with him. It is later revealed in Avengers Annual #10 (1981) that she is still under Marcus' influence at this point. After she leaves with him, his accelerated aging continues until he withers away to a husk, at which point she uses his technology to return to Earth.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 01:31 PM
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Exactly. And yet they wonder why fans never really took her as their flapship female character

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 05:42 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If she stayed around longer, Marvel's WW could have been Thor Girl.

Attachment: thorgirl2.jpg
This has been downloaded 81 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 04:21 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

I'm sorry, but hell no. I have nothing against her, but please change her name. Let her call herself Asguardian

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 02:56 AM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Validus
So you think so too?

They seem to be getting dumber every day now...
Originally posted by marvelprince
I'm sorry, but hell no. I have nothing against her, but please change her name. Let her call herself Asguardian

Agreed. 'Thor Girl' has got to be the lamest name for a female counterpart, especially since there is no 'Thor Man.'

Something like Valkyrie would have made a much better name.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 03:13 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Re: Who is Marvel's Wonder Woman?

Originally posted by Entity
If Captain American is their Superman and Ironman is there Batman who on the Avengers or otherwhys is Marvels Wonder Woman?
Ms. Marvel?
She-Hulk?
Who???
Valkyrie

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 03:19 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by roughrider
If she stayed around longer, Marvel's WW could have been Thor Girl.

She was mentioned in a comic not too long ago but yeah, that name has to go. Don't know what the hell Jurgens was smoking when he came up with that but I'd sure love some.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 03:27 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Faceman, glad someone finally got to it. The obvious answer would be Valkyrie. Mythological ties, strength, feminist leanings, power of the gods. Comes pretty close to old Diana.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 05:26 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The achetypical DC character is spread out more at Marvel. There aren't that many one-to-one comparisons.

Superman = Captain America ( for image, personality, and popularity with the public) + Thor ( God-level power and fighting capability)

Batman = Moon Knight ( costume and use of gadgets) + Daredevil (closest in temperment) + Punisher ( match for obsessiveness and anti-social behaviour)

Wonder Woman = Storm ( closest in leadership standing and position) + Valkyrie ( could be closer if she had Thor's power)

One to one?

Power Girl = Miss Marvel

Big Barda = She Hulk

Darkseid = Thanos

DC has no direct equivelent to Spider Man or the Silver Surfer, however. And Black Adam seems to be evolving into their Namor.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 05:31 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Faceman, glad someone finally got to it. The obvious answer would be Valkyrie. Mythological ties, strength, feminist leanings, power of the gods. Comes pretty close to old Diana.

In terms of powers, background etc then it would be her. But in terms of flagship female character, I don't think so

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 12:47 PM
olympian

Yeah....

sad

Some writer has spent late nigths reading Greek Mithology.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 12:52 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote