KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » The Bollywood Corner.

The Bollywood Corner.
Started by: Prabhodh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

nah i like it in here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 10:06 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I recommend a favourite of mine called Anjeli, I think that's the right spelling, seem to get it wrong a lot. But anyway, it's a beautiful story and think it was one of the first Bollywood films to deal with mental illness.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 06:53 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prabhodh
hmm, right now i'd say 'black' or 'veer-zara'.

and yours?

I have no favorite, in fact, I was just wondering where to begin. I'll check out those that everyone's mentioned.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 11:45 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

All the ones Prabhodh mentioned are well worth watching yes and I'm definitely not what you'd call a fan of Hindi movies, I only watch them if I have 3 hours to kill and got nothing better to do.

You're better off checking out movies from the late 90's/early 00's because the others are just stupid idiot people trying too hard to be white. Also, Lagaan is a good movie.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 01:41 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

Originally posted by MildPossession
I recommend a favourite of mine called Anjeli, I think that's the right spelling, seem to get it wrong a lot. But anyway, it's a beautiful story and think it was one of the first Bollywood films to deal with mental illness.

Its spelt 'anjali' and its an awesome movie. The original was made in Tamil (a Indian language), it was dubbed into telugu (another Indian language), but i'm not too sure if its been dubbed/remade into hindi (yes, another damn Indian language).

Originally posted by Solo
I have no favorite, in fact, I was just wondering where to begin. I'll check out those that everyone's mentioned.

Ah cool, those movies are pretty good.

Originally posted by Imaginary
All the ones Prabhodh mentioned are well worth watching yes and I'm definitely not what you'd call a fan of Hindi movies, I only watch them if I have 3 hours to kill and got nothing better to do.

You're better off checking out movies from the late 90's/early 00's because the others are just stupid idiot people trying too hard to be white. Also, Lagaan is a good movie.

I agree, thats why i like Telugu movies more, they tend to be a bit more.... Indian.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 07:53 AM
Keith Talent is currently offline Click here to Send Keith Talent a Private Message Find more posts by Keith Talent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

I just saw Janneman starring Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar, good movie. yes

I actually liked Salman's acting

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 07:17 AM
Keith Talent is currently offline Click here to Send Keith Talent a Private Message Find more posts by Keith Talent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why is a kiss in the movie Dhoom II coursing a lot of bother in India? haven't they kissed before in other Bollywood films... it's fine to dance around in short skirts and tops, showing of their bodies, but when it's a simple kiss... oh dear.

Anyway got Zinda, the Bollywood 'remake' of Oldboy, to watch tomorrow.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 03:42 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

Prabhodh: Holy crap, amazing! I personally think Salman is a waste of space but eh... whatever floats your boat.

MildPossession: I'm guessing because Dhoom 2 has A-list actors in it... actually scratch that, that's happened plenty. I honestly have no idea messed

Old Post Dec 7th, 2006 09:13 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Originally posted by MildPossession
Why is a kiss in the movie Dhoom II coursing a lot of bother in India? haven't they kissed before in other Bollywood films... it's fine to dance around in short skirts and tops, showing of their bodies, but when it's a simple kiss... oh dear.

Anyway got Zinda, the Bollywood 'remake' of Oldboy, to watch tomorrow.

I watched Film 2006 the other night and a couple of Bollywood types were getting all smug about how Bollywood movies are making more money than Uk and American pics
Well im not surprised seeing as Pans Labrynth has disapeared after 1 week at my local arthouse cinema and Dhoom 2 is still showing on 3 screens at my multiplex.......that Dhoom looks like a big turd and this latest Amitab whatever blokes new movie looks equally woeful.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2006 01:02 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

3 cinemas is a bit much, I agree, especially for stupid Dhoom... but really you aren't in much of a position to judge Bollywood as a whole until you've seen more than 2 or 3 movies.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 09:40 PM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

dude at the moment id say ive seen about 20 or so over the years
admittedly not all the way thru but ive had them on from time to time
our tv channel 4 in the uk always has seasons of bollywood
theres one running at the mo

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 11:11 AM
insomniak

Originally posted by vintageSW77
If Channel 4 are screening them i guess they are good representations of bollywood flicks
and on FILM 2006 they had a trailer to DHOOM 2 and i nearly died laughing at how bad it was
totally NAFF [/B]

Nope. This season of "bollywood firsts" on C4 was a selection of films from one production house (Yash Raj Films) as a tribute to Yash Chopra because of some honorary BAFTA membership he was awarded earlier this year.

quote:
I watched Film 2006 the other night and a couple of Bollywood types were getting all smug about how Bollywood movies are making more money than Uk and American pics

Well, really it was the BBC that was "gloating". Bachchan was quite open about the fact that, on the international scale, Bollywood has a long way to go. He even said they had "failed miserably" when attempting Western cinema.

If "art" is what you want, I suggest you go out on a limb, keep an open mind, and check out some Rituparno Ghosh (Bengali), Maniratnam (Tamil/Hindi) or heck, even some Ram Gopal Varma gangster flicks. But I think I'm wasting my times, as well as yours, so yeah, why are you in this topic?

--~~~~--

I looooved Jaan-e-Mann and I generally can't stand the lead actors. I really wish it had done better and given Don more competition. It was such a sweet, funny film with so many hilarious self-referential jokes.

quote:
The cynical side of me says its a publicity stunt by YRF. Otherwise yeah, clearly the prosecutor hasn't seen an Emraan Hashmi film!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 10:01 PM
insomniak is currently offline Click here to Send insomniak a Private Message Find more posts by insomniak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

Originally posted by Imaginary
Prabhodh: Holy crap, amazing! I personally think Salman is a waste of space but eh... whatever floats your boat.

Yer i have the same feelings for Salman but Janneman was different and Akshay Kumar probably made it seem a little better.

Whats happened to Hrithik Roshan?.... haven't seen a movie of his for a while.

Last edited by Keith Talent on Dec 22nd, 2006 at 03:31 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 03:25 AM
insomniak

Originally posted by Prabhodh

Whats happened to Hrithik Roshan?.... haven't seen a movie of his for a while.

He made Krrish and Dhoom 2 this year which were huge hits. He's currently shooting for Ashutosh Gowarikor's "Jodha-Akbar" in Jaipur along with Aishwarya Rai; it'll probably release next Diwali.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 03:41 AM
insomniak is currently offline Click here to Send insomniak a Private Message Find more posts by insomniak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

Originally posted by insomniak
He made Krrish and Dhoom 2 this year which were huge hits. He's currently shooting for Ashutosh Gowarikor's "Jodha-Akbar" in Jaipur along with Aishwarya Rai; it'll probably release next Diwali.

I didn't know he was directing

Thanks for the info.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 06:42 AM
Keith Talent
-

I saw 'kal ho na ho' yesterday, good movie, i like the ending.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 10:02 AM
taste_u
Restricted

Account Restricted

ed.

Last edited by BackFire on Jan 22nd, 2007 at 03:51 AM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 03:15 AM
taste_u is currently offline Click here to Send taste_u a Private Message Find more posts by taste_u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Love

Old Post May 14th, 2007 04:22 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Love

Old Post May 14th, 2007 04:26 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Love

Old Post May 14th, 2007 04:35 PM