KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » The Bollywood Corner.

The Bollywood Corner.
Started by: Prabhodh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Imaginary
blinded

Ahhh good ole Preity smile I remember we had to choreograph a dance to Jiya Jale in a week and we could only manage half the song because it was so damn long laughing out loud But Manisha Koirala is beautiful in that movie.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 07:47 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

Hmmm, I'm glad some good movies have been mentioned here.

Black ( while not original) is brilliant..... its great to see an indian movie without all the singing and stupid dancing all the time. The theme is gorgeous though.

Veer Zaara- yeah its an almost typical indian movie with singing, dancing. But Shah Ruhk Khan gave a great performance. ITs a touching movie, with music that stays in your mind and for the non-cynics , in your heart. ( the girl who played the lawyer in this movie, is also the deaf/blind girl in Black)

Water- an amazing movie about the plight of widows in India. GReat acting, great ideas. The director has two other movies ( Fire and Earth), can't wait to my hands on them.

Lagaan - is a great movie. Simple, powerful, beautiful. The scene where the village women pray for victory gives me goosepimples everytime i see it. The Bhajan( hindu prayer, in a melodious tune) can bring a tear to some eyes.

my faves
Khabie Kushie Kabhi Gham- kind of a typical indian movie. With three stupid songs that I just bypass all the time. A very touching movie, that never ceases to bring tears to my eye.
1942- A love story- an older movie, different story line. Simply the best songs ever . The main song tears me up since i reminds me of an uncle I lost some years ago. He and his wife used to love to sing it all the time. GREAT movie. A love story of a man and a woman and people and a country. In my opinion has one of the most romantic scenes in alll the movies I've ever seen.

BTW all those new movies like Dhoom 2 etc belong in a toilet.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post May 28th, 2007 12:19 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

Hey all, haven't posted here for a while.... been busy with school and stuff.

I recently saw "Bheja fry" and "Traffic Signal", both excellent movies.

Bheja Fry is one of the funniest Indian movies I've seen in a long time. Vinay pathak acting was awesome.

Traffic signal is about the lives and travails of people living around a traffic signal in Mumbai. Its like the shortest Indian movie I've ever seen... lasts less than a hour and a half.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 05:14 AM
Keith Talent is currently offline Click here to Send Keith Talent a Private Message Find more posts by Keith Talent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I watched Dhoom 2 last night... awful.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 03:06 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
I watched Dhoom 2 last night... awful.

Yeah i didn't like it much either.

I saw "Shiva" last night, it was directed by Ram Gopal Varma and its about an honest police officer who takes on the Mumbai underworld.

Mohit Ahlamwat's (Shiva) acting was excellent.

Last edited by Keith Talent on Jun 14th, 2007 at 07:57 AM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 07:53 AM
Keith Talent is currently offline Click here to Send Keith Talent a Private Message Find more posts by Keith Talent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mak17
Restricted

Account Restricted

They all ****ing suck and should stick to showing in your god damn country.

In fact you go with them your not welcome.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 09:51 AM
mak17 is currently offline Click here to Send mak17 a Private Message Find more posts by mak17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mak17
They all ****ing suck and should stick to showing in your god damn country.

In fact you go with them your not welcome.

Get a grip you racist newbie freek, you should be banned for that comment, Im not sure but I believe verbal racial attacks are against the rules and something should be done.

I watched Devdas again for like the hundredth time today, its one of my favourite films, its just so sad no expression I obviously have to watch it with sub titles as I dont speak the language lol, but you get used to it after a while lol,

Last edited by Dyno on Mar 22nd, 2008 at 03:46 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 03:44 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bit late... Dhoom 2 is on Channel 4 this week sometime in the UK for those who want to have a laugh.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 05:30 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

what day is it on i might watch it stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 05:39 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ttaa

india movie is cool

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 07:07 AM
ttaa is currently offline Click here to Send ttaa a Private Message Find more posts by ttaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raoul'sDickhole
Restricted

Account Restricted

sex

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 06:35 AM
Raoul'sDickhole is currently offline Click here to Send Raoul'sDickhole a Private Message Find more posts by Raoul'sDickhole Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raoul'sDickhole
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am retarded and banned.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jan 16th, 2009 at 06:39 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 06:36 AM
Raoul'sDickhole is currently offline Click here to Send Raoul'sDickhole a Private Message Find more posts by Raoul'sDickhole Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
arytha

hve someone watch kuch-kuch hota hai or kal ho naa ho played by Shah Rukh Khan?

"LIFE IS THE PHILOSOPHICAL CONCEPT ABOUT THE PURPOSE AND SIGNIFICANCE OF HUMAN EXISTENCE"

Old Post Feb 7th, 2009 07:18 PM
arytha is currently offline Click here to Send arytha a Private Message Find more posts by arytha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

yer, i have. pretty mediocre except for the songs.

saw... maharathi, was pretty good. except for the retarted freeze-the-body-so-it-doesn't-age

Old Post Feb 8th, 2009 04:43 AM
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jodha Akbar was a great movie

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 12:29 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cyberjefe
Restricted

Account Restricted

WANTED-salman khan was awesomeeee!!!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 08:31 AM
cyberjefe is currently offline Click here to Send cyberjefe a Private Message Find more posts by cyberjefe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jennifermoss
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like the thread where we can talk about bollywood movies.I recently watch 3 idiots and peepli live movie.These both the movies are really superb.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 08:46 AM
jennifermoss is currently offline Click here to Send jennifermoss a Private Message Find more posts by jennifermoss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote