KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Most Overrated Hero Ever???

MOST OVERRATED HERO EVER???
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Batman 5 8.33%
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) 0 0%
Spiderman 2 3.33%
Superman 18 30.00%
Wolverine 27 45.00%
Other 8 13.33%
Total: 60 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Most Overrated Hero Ever???
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

Agreed, but the day he gets Torquasm Vo, I'm done w/him.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 04:20 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Why is Hal in the poll? He has the power to back up his claims. If Hal is overrated than by all means so is Silver Surfer.

Hal bear punches those who think is overrated wink

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 04:25 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

People who hate Supes have read one Superman story from either the early days or from the 90's and hate him.

Read any Superman story by Alan Moore or Superman: Secret Identity and you will love the character

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 04:27 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Grimm22
People who hate Supes have read one Superman story from either the early days or from the 90's and hate him.
Why do people always assume this kinda crap? It's always that or the always stupid "The world's f**ked up. That's why Supes ain't that popular anymore" Maybe he's just not that good of a character. Was T-Vo from the 90's?

Last edited by I-Drop on Oct 30th, 2006 at 05:30 AM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 05:28 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Grimm22

Read any Superman story by Alan Moore or Superman: Secret Identity and you will love the character
Same could be said about any character.

Black Panther is definately overated...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 06:35 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

you people realize if anyone is overrated its spiderman, i mean in any vs forum situation his fan boys 'll argue that "Spiderman has The Spider Sense" which allows him to dodge virtually any attack. And then the 20 ton, agility and speed make spiderman seem as if he is untouchable

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 06:44 AM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by jasonk3
you people realize if anyone is overrated its spiderman, i mean in any vs forum situation his fan boys 'll argue that "Spiderman has The Spider Sense" which allows him to dodge virtually any attack. And then the 20 ton, agility and speed make spiderman seem as if he is untouchable
laughing laughing laughing
Just remembering some of your past posts, that make Wolverine supporters look like Wolverine haters.
laughing laughing
And your talking about Spiderman?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 06:46 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by brainchild81
Why do people always assume this kinda crap? It's always that or the always stupid "The world's f**ked up. That's why Supes ain't that popular anymore" Maybe he's just not that good of a character. Was T-Vo from the 90's?

As if T-Vo was the reason you started hating him in the first place.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 12:09 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Originally posted by bigbran

Actually I don't like the classic Panther. Only Kevin Casper Cole version and of course the Marvel Ultimate Alliance version. T'Challa had some nice fights but Kevin is da main man for me when it comes to Panther stuff. wink

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 12:29 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Panther is far from overrated
Originally posted by Accel
As if T-Vo was the reason you started hating him in the first place.
Nah. You missed the point. He's been involved in some lame @$$ shit post 90s. That assumption of his was bulls**t. No offence to him, but I'm getting sick of seeing sh*t like that. People are always like, "You don't like Supes 'cause you don't know enough about him. You've probably only read one of his books". WRONG! I wish they were right though. Truth is the more I know about Supes the more I hate him. I've read more of his books than I should have. To me & many other people out there, comic Supes's just too cheesey to tolerate. & DC seems bound & determined to make him cheesier.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 01:56 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I must be the only one (along with Zahit) that sees that all the Wolverine fanboys naturally hate Spiderman.... laughing it's too funny. He's canadian too... smile

Maybe he's Wolverine?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Last edited by Tha C-Master on Oct 30th, 2006 at 02:29 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 02:22 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Wolverine and Superman are the two most overrated heros ever.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 11:43 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

That reminds of the Batman fans with the whole "Prep time" wink

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 11:45 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by bigbran
Same could be said about any character.

Not every character, not Gambit no expression

BP is not overrated, he's a great character who is being used right now by Marvel's attempts to make comics more "diverse" so they hire so piece of crap writer like Hudlin who makes every issue of Black Panther have to do with race.

Honestly what's next, giving Thing back his book and making every issue about him being Jewish?!?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 01:34 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Wolvertooth?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 01:34 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Entity
Yea and look how he came back by "refusing'" to stay dead. I wasn't aware there was a choice involved in DEATH. And that has to be the lamest escuse for how a character came back i've ever heard, and there are some really really lame ones. Or dose he also have the power to be immortal in his unbealivible to long arsenal of powers aswell???

Secondly look at all the heros with far less or no powers that risk their lives constantly to save others and get no credit for it. No loving fans no tinker tank perades nada! Yet they get up everyday and do it again WITHOUT being unbreakable and able to move contents like free weights. Some of them knowing the very people they save will still hate them the next day.

So i ask again WHAT HAS HE EVER SACRAFICED!!!

so because he has more powers he sacrifices less?

No... the stuff he goes up against would kill most lesser powered heroes by sneezing on them...

maybe spiderman saves aunt may (and no disrespect to spidey, he's good at what he does), but superman saves the entire PLANET.

he has all these powers and he could easily just not bother trying to be a hero, yet he does it by choice... its completely up to him... to me that shows alot of character...

erm

Originally posted by Draco69
eek!

(please log in to view the image)

saw her in dukes of hazzard, she hasnt aged badly at all...

Originally posted by brainchild81
Panther is far from overrated Nah. You missed the point. He's been involved in some lame @$$ shit post 90s. That assumption of his was bulls**t. No offence to him, but I'm getting sick of seeing sh*t like that. People are always like, "You don't like Supes 'cause you don't know enough about him. You've probably only read one of his books". WRONG! I wish they were right though. Truth is the more I know about Supes the more I hate him. I've read more of his books than I should have. To me & many other people out there, comic Supes's just too cheesey to tolerate. & DC seems bound & determined to make him cheesier.

i don't think that accounts for all the superman comics... for every cheesy story there is a well written, well thought out one, especially nowadays imo...

if you don't like him thats fine, at least you had the decency to read his books before deciding, unlike most of the haters who come onto the forum...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 08:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by pr1983
so because he has more powers he sacrifices less?

No... the stuff he goes up against would kill most lesser powered heroes by sneezing on them...

YES, because he has more powers he sacrifices less, that is exactly part of what im saying. So what if he takes on Luther, Mongul, and Branica, he has the power to do it with almost certainty that he can't get hurt. So if he is never in any real danger how is what he does valiant or heroic? Look at Batman he has no powers and take on the same guys. The rest of the JLA isn't nearly as powerful as superman and yet they take on the same stuff.

He is not sacrificing because it is basicly imposibile to hurt him, he has nothing to lose, and its as easy for him to do the incredible things he does as it is for us to get out of bed and go to work. Yet i don't think im worthy of being a hero just because i am responsible enough to do the right thing when its no trouble for me to do it.....

When i see him actually have to sacrifice something permintally, then i will start to respect him. Otherwise, aside form his abilities he will never be close to being the type of hero, Spiderman, Batman, Silver Surfer, Barry Allen, Captain America, Daredevil, and Kyle Rayner just to name a few, are and will forever be.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 10:03 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

And yes i have read quite a few Superman stories cause despite the way i feel for him i try to find something deeper in his character than the "world is black and white" BS that he is always hidding behind.
Captain America has, well use to have, a similiar outlook on the world but he was still fighting the odds all the time.

Superman doesn't fight the odds, he is the odds!
Like 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 to 1 odds.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 10:08 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I don't like him but Lex is even more of a hero than Superman

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 10:10 PM