KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto vs. Martian Manhunter

Magneto vs. Martian Manhunter
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Brian Oswald

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soleran
You do realize that was Magneto creating that with SHIELDS and containment up. I have already said if Magneto gets shields up in advance he wins however without that he loses

Originally posted by h1a8
He will get them up. No doubt about it
He simply just plans to get them up before the bell and ding (the bell sounds) and he gets them up. Forum rules say that planning before the bell is allowed.

smile

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 12:03 AM
Brian Oswald is currently offline Click here to Send Brian Oswald a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Oswald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

The funny thing is.... I know more about both J'onn and Magneto than Sol does. laughing out loud

Magneto wins this. In all of his incoherent posts about J'onn's vision, he's ignored the evidence I've given him, and kept on saying the same things w/o a lick of proof.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 12:05 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Because first off Magneto's reactions aren't faster then human and secondly MM doesn't need to blink to fry him.

Magneto doesn't have the time to do anything except to die.

Unless of course Batdude is now saying that Magneto's reactions are faster then human, Magneto with ZERO use of his powers can take 10k f to his body from lasers etc etc.

If he is aware that mm is coming then how won't he get his shield up?
He's not there yet.
And who cares who has faster reactions.
Mags is not reacting off of mm. He simply gets his shield up regardless of what mm will do.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 12:06 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by batdude123
First of all... yeah, I have. I've shown quite a few actually. You just can't stand it because they absolutely KILL your argument that you've been so desperately trying to make for a couple pages now. laughing out loud

Nothing you have shown destroys my Martian Vision victory, literally nothing. You have shown electricity, you have shown a scan where it literally says Magneto strains to contain part of a blast etc etc.

Nothing and I mean nothing in your scans shows a Magneto with no powers active getting ready for combat. More to the point you haven't shown me Magneto surviving a 10,000k blast from lasers with no powers active.

You have shown things that have no numerical values except your guess work on the values themselves.

PS I know you love Voltronsmile

Last edited by Soleran on Oct 22nd, 2006 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 12:06 AM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Nothing you have shown destroys my Martian Vision victory, literally nothing. You have shown electricity, you have shown a scan where it literally says Magneto strains to contain part of a blast etc etc.

Nothing and I mean nothing in your scans shows a Magneto with no powers active getting ready for combat. More to the point you haven't shown me Magneto surviving a 10,000k blast from lasers with no powers active.

You have shown things that have no numerical values except your guess work on the values themselves.

Actually, I've shown him taking several nukes to the face w/o any shields up, being taken by surprise by them. He was using magnetokinesis to shove them upward. They then exploded on him. roll eyes (sarcastic) He was caught by surprise, and didn't have any shields up.

I also showed him creating nuclear fusion right in front of his face w/o any shielding up either. Apparently, it can't burn him. erm

Please, Sol, your arguments are FLAWED to say the least.

You haven't shown anything to combat against the blood pulling argument.

Hell, I even showed you a scan of J'onn getting owned by Dr. Polaris using that method. Dr. Polaris is like a much weaker version of Magneto.

The problem here is that I'm using actual evidence, while you're going off on a random ass tangent that you pulled out of your ass.

Magneto wins. smile

Last edited by batdude123 on Oct 22nd, 2006 at 12:26 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 12:14 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Actually, I've shown him taking several nukes to the face w/o any shields up, being taken by surprise by them. He was using magnetokinesis to shove them upward. They then exploded on him. roll eyes (sarcastic) He was caught by surprise, and didn't have any shields up.

Your scan flat out said he was controlling the blasts he didn't just take the blasts.

quote:
I also showed him creating nuclear fusion right in front of his face w/o any shielding up either. Apparently, it can't burn him. erm

That would be your assumption becuase it never said he didn't have shields or containment up

quote:
Please, Sol, your arguments are FLAWED to say the least.

You haven't shown anything to combat against the blood pulling argument.

Why should I, MM is faster and would dispatch Magneto before that is possible.

quote:
Hell, I even showed you a scan of J'onn getting owned by Dr. Polaris using that method. Dr. Polaris is like a much weaker version of Magneto.

I cannot fix PIS however that doesn't make it any less PISsmile

quote:
The problem here is that I'm using actual evidence, while you're going off on a random ass tangent that you pulled out of your ass.

Nothing you have shown specifically states in the scans what you are attempting to pawn off in this discussion. You say lightening is hotter then the sun and Magneto survives it (it can be however you are assuming the temperature in this discussion as it isn't stated) you said Magneto is holding a fussion reaction in front of his face with no shields (however it doesn't state if Magneto has shields up or not however the reaction isn't expanding and you assume he doesn't.)
Then you said Magneto's reactions are slower then J'onn then backpeddle that stating Magneto's reactions are faster then human (which um he really hasn't shown)

Martian Vision for the win still as MM's reflex's are just faster then Magneto's, thats just how it is.

Last edited by Soleran on Oct 22nd, 2006 at 12:49 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 12:43 AM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Your scan flat out said he was controlling the blasts he didn't just take the blasts.

*sigh*

Look at it again, Sol. It says that Magneto was trying to "subtly, gently divert them into the upper atmosphere."

Then "UNAWARE that the missiles were programmed to react to the first sign of Magneto's power.... and detonate."

He was completely taken by surprise with the nuclear blasts going on right by his face. He didn't have any shields up. He took them w/o damage at all.

Get some reading comprehension skills, Sol.

That would be your assumption becuase it never said he didn't have shields or containment up

No, that's not my speculation at all. laughing out loud Look at the scan, Sol. When he has his shield up, there's an aura around his body, or something that indicates a shield around his body.

All that was shown were the electromagnetic waves he was using to draw in atoms of metallic particles floating in the air, and fuse them together. RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FACE.

Why should I, MM is faster and would dispatch Magneto before that is possible.

It's funny... Magneto can actually fly a lot faster than J'onn can. His reflexes are also good enough to catch a speedblitzing Northstar right out of the sky. That's more impressive than anything I've seen from J'onn's reflexes before.

And all I'm saying he has to do is summon a shield. You're trying to tell me J'onn would end the fight before Magneto can simply do THAT. laughing out loud Quite retarded, actually...

And here's something interesting I've found. Here, we see Magneto at first w/o a shield up, then as Dazzler shoots her light wave beam towards him (obviously, AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT), he conjures up a shield quick enough to stop the blast. Interesting, no? roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/62...sphotons0ki.jpg

I cannot fix PIS however that doesn't make it any less PISsmile

How the hell was that PIS? What the f**k? The scan clearly stated that Martian blood is naturally richer in iron than human blood.

I guess you don't know the meaning of PIS then... erm

Nothing you have shown specifically states in the scans what you are attempting to pawn off in this discussion. You say lightening is hotter then the sun and Magneto survives it (it can be however you are assuming the temperature in this discussion as it isn't stated) you said Magneto is holding a fussion reaction in front of his face with no shields (however it doesn't state if Magneto has shields up or not however the reaction isn't expanding and you assume he doesn't.)
Then you said Magneto's reactions are slower then J'onn then backpeddle that stating Magneto's reactions are faster then human (which um he really hasn't shown)

*yawn*

Covered up above.

Martian Vision for the win still as MM's reflex's are just faster then Magneto's, thats just how it is.

Nope. Blood pull ftw.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 01:42 AM
Soleran
Fast As Time

[B]Look at it again, Sol. It says that Magneto was trying to "subtly, gently divert them into the upper atmosphere."

Then "UNAWARE that the missiles were programmed to react to the first sign of Magneto's power.... and detonate."

He was completely taken by surprise with the nuclear blasts going on right by his face. He didn't have any shields up. He took them w/o damage at all.

Get some reading comprehension skills, Sol.

Um the rest of that says "Magneto struggles desperatly to minimize the force of the nuclear reactions." I certainly don't have a reading comprehension problem, you have a probably quoting all the relavent materials, YET AGAIN. Magneto was controlling the force of the blasts he wasn't taking two nukes to the face straight up.

quote:
No, that's not my speculation at all. laughing out loud Look at the scan, Sol. When he has his shield up, there's an aura around his body, or something that indicates a shield around his body.

All that was shown were the electromagnetic waves he was using to draw in atoms of metallic particles floating in the air, and fuse them together. RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FACE.

Yes he was doing that and it does look like he is shielding the reaction itself, if you don't see that then you are more blinded by your Magneto Fanboyism then ever. Magneto doesn't have durability to withstand a fusion reaction, he never has.

quote:
It's funny... Magneto can actually fly a lot faster than J'onn can. His reflexes are also good enough to catch a speedblitzing Northstar right out of the sky. That's more impressive than anything I've seen from J'onn's reflexes before.

When we start talking about flight speed this might become relavent as it stands J'onn has taken on White Martians and they are VERY fast, hence J'onn's reactions are beyond Magneto. Since Magneto is also able to see into the EM spectrum it makes it near impossible to sneak up on him as the case with Northstar, this fight with J'onn is under a different set-up.

quote:
And all I'm saying he has to do is summon a shield. You're trying to tell me J'onn would end the fight before Magneto can simply do THAT. laughing out loud Quite retarded, actually...

And all I'm saying is that J'onn's reactions are faster then Magneto's and all J'onn has to do is fry him, game over.

quote:
And here's something interesting I've found. Here, we see Magneto at first w/o a shield up, then as Dazzler shoots her light wave beam towards him (obviously, AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT), he conjures up a shield quick enough to stop the blast. Interesting, no? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah it's not like Dazzler just popped a light speed attack on Magneto (um no) she built up her power while Magneto watched, he KNEW what was coming.

Ho hum Martian Vision for the win 9/10

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 03:14 AM
h1a8

1. Um the rest of that says "Magneto struggles desperatly to minimize the force of the nuclear reactions." I certainly don't have a reading comprehension problem, you have a probably quoting all the relavent materials, YET AGAIN. Magneto was controlling the force of the blasts he wasn't taking two nukes to the face straight up.

2. And all I'm saying is that J'onn's reactions are faster then Magneto's and all J'onn has to do is fry him, game over.

1.Since Mags didn't know the blast was coming he had to have super fast reflexes in order to control the blasts. This actually defeats your argument.

2. Also what defeats your argument is that
Forum rules state that planning before the bell is allowed. Magneto would just plan to instantly put up a shield at the time of the bell. Reflexes has nothing to do with anything. Magneto doesn't have to react to put up a shield as a response to a reacting to a vision blast. He just puts one up when the bell rings.

Mags when 10/10

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 07:35 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Um the rest of that says "Magneto struggles desperatly to minimize the force of the nuclear reactions." I certainly don't have a reading comprehension problem, you have a probably quoting all the relavent materials, YET AGAIN. Magneto was controlling the force of the blasts he wasn't taking two nukes to the face straight up.

Thanks for proving my point on his fast reflexes. laughing out loud He was unaware that they would explode right in his face, Sol. That's something even your crappy-ass logic can't deny. Once they exploded in his face, he reacted quickly in order to contain the blast.

Yes he was doing that and it does look like he is shielding the reaction itself, if you don't see that then you are more blinded by your Magneto Fanboyism then ever. Magneto doesn't have durability to withstand a fusion reaction, he never has.

Sol, my God, look at it again. He's using the electromagnetic fields to draw in metallic particles out of the air and fuse them right in front of his face. He has NOTHING around his body at all, and there's no proof of what you're trying to tell me. Nothing to indicate that he was containing the fusion at all. All it says, is that he was using the electromagentic fields were used to draw in the atomic particles out of the air. NOTHING MORE.

When we start talking about flight speed this might become relavent as it stands J'onn has taken on White Martians and they are VERY fast, hence J'onn's reactions are beyond Magneto. Since Magneto is also able to see into the EM spectrum it makes it near impossible to sneak up on him as the case with Northstar, this fight with J'onn is under a different set-up.

Again, talking about what you have no clue about. no White Martians aren't even that fast. Hell, Batman didn't have many problems with taking a few out. You gonna try and tell me he can take on MAGNETO? roll eyes (sarcastic) You're basing the assumption that J'onn has faster reflexes than Magneto on an absolutely shitty point. And Northstar didn't sneak up on Magneto at all. He was speedblitzing Magneto right in front of his face.

And all I'm saying is that J'onn's reactions are faster then Magneto's and all J'onn has to do is fry him, game over.

Yeah, too bad you have nothing to go on with your half-assed assumption that J'onn has faster reflexes than Magneto. roll eyes (sarcastic) Magneto could take J'onn's heat vision with friggin ease before he puts up one of his shields. That's all it would take.

Yeah it's not like Dazzler just popped a light speed attack on Magneto (um no) she built up her power while Magneto watched, he KNEW what was coming.

*sigh*

Sol, you're grabbing for straws when there's absolutely nothing for you to grab. She was building up her sound blasts when Magneto didn't have his shields up. laughing Notice how the people are clapping for her, while Magneto is speaking to her w/o a shield up. Then as she shoots the blast at him, he somehow manages to get a shield up in time. Fascinating, isn't it? roll eyes (sarcastic) Your interpretation of scans just absolutely SUCK.

Ho hum Martian Vision for the win 9/10

Sure, if Magneto just stood there like an idiot. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Magneto wins.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 04:29 PM