KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Game Versus Rule Change?

Game Versus Rule Change?
Started by: §P0oONY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
§P0oONY

Game Versus Rule Change?

In the Game Vs. Forum there is a rule that dictates that the character has to originate from a game..

I think that is preposterous, at least make it so only one of the characters has to originate. The idea you can't have something like "JC Denton Vs. Neo" just because Neo was in other things before video games just seems stupid.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 08:12 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

That is kinda dumb, but there's always the chance of some Dumbass starting a bunch of "Barbie vs Samus lol omg" threads.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 08:33 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The rule's in place for a reason, and it's not changing. People abused the hell out of it before I made it that.

I've never even seen you post in the VG Vs., for that matter.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 08:45 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Then you would have idiots all over this thread posting stuff like

"Goku vs. James Bond" or "the yellow teletuby vs. Goofy" erm

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:49 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Some people do something awrong so punish everyone BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA evil face evil face

I should tell this to Batman.

"Batman, the majority of Gotham city is bad so kill them all, BAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA, even the good"
DIE!!!!

Yes, I am over reacting and very bored but you get the point no expression

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 11:00 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Then you would have idiots all over this thread posting stuff like

"Goku vs. James Bond" or "the yellow teletuby vs. Goofy" erm
He said if one of them originated from a Video game. I don't believe any of the people you listed origanted out of one. You sir Fail evil face

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 11:01 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

People still did that, all the time.

Deal with it, it's not changing.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 12:50 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Why can't it be altered to allow characters that have appeared in video games regardless of origination?

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 12:59 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Because that's how it used to be. And people would use it to make matches with any characters they could think of, while putting in one character than had been in a game.

Sorry, but no. Lenient rules were abused. VG Vs rules are no more strict than those of the Comic Book or Star Wars Vs.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 01:00 AM
Bardock42

Maybe we should have a dumbass vs. forum. Where people could have all their favourite match ups like "A toaster versus Galactus", "Diablo vs. R2-D2" and an all time favourite "Batman with prep versus anything" ([SPOILER - highlight to read]: Batman takes it).

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 01:33 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I think you people have missed my point. I don't want the rules loosened to the extent of people being able to post a Vs. battle of 2 characters that are only barely affiliated with video games. Just that if they are major video game characters as well as novel, film or TV characters they can still be considered. At least make it so only 1 character has to come directly from a video game and the other can originate from another medium but still has to be a major character in a video game. The ruling will obviously still go under moderator discretion but at the same time it's loose enough to make a thread like "JC Denton Vs Neo" which I think is a reasonable idea for a thread.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:03 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That is what the rule used to be; at least one character had to have originated in a game.

And people abused the hell out of it, hence it having to have been changed.

And, as I said, it will not be changing back.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:11 AM
§P0oONY

Is that not what a moderator is for? Stopping people who abuse the rules of the forum?

Just because some people abuse a rule, doesn't mean you should stop everyone else from making threads that are reasonable just because you can't be bothered moderating the forum.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:16 AM
Null

Bah, I give up. No one gives a shit; it is KMC so no one will have a say. There is a better chance of the Devil joining the forums than people changing there minds.

With that said. Let's all get cake and sing a wonderful song lol. Lalalalalalalalala

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:22 AM
Peach
mordrem

When I'm closing 10+ threads a day - which I was doing in the last couple weeks before I changed the rules - it starts to get a bit ridiculous.

It's not up for discussion. It's not changing.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:23 AM
§P0oONY

I'm going to bed now. Just so you know though, I'm not trying to get at you Lana. I just don't think that everyone who wants to make a thread in the forum should be restricted so much just because a few morons decide to **** about. I don't really post in the Vs. thread enough to care but Deus Ex is totally one of my favourite games and I'd like to see JCD kick Neo's whiny little Matrix arse.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:25 AM
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by §P0oONY
I'm going to bed now. Just so you know though, I'm not trying to get at you Lana. I just don't think that everyone who wants to make a thread in the forum should be restricted so much just because a few morons decide to **** about. I don't really post in the Vs. thread enough to care but Deus Ex is totally one of my favourite games and I'd like to see JCD kick Neo's whiny little Matrix arse.

It was much more than a few people, and as I said - I was having to close 10+ threads a day for a while, and had many people complaining and asking for something to be done about it.

Most of the posters in there were quite pleased with the rules change. And, as I've said before - VG Vs rules are no more stricter than those of the other Vs forums, and are still quite a bit more lenient in some cases.

I'm sorry, but it's already been proven in there that I give an inch, people take a mile. And I'm not putting up with the sort of stuff that people attempted to get away with before because of the loose rules.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:28 AM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Maybe just allow Spoony to make his one thread. no expression

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 03:00 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't say MOST, Lana. After all, you ARE getting pstered all the time by people wanting to know about the "Vs. everything" section Raz is supposed to be considering.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 06:45 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Erm, I wouldn't say two or three people asking about it once a month is being constantly pestered.

Nor will pestering me about that actually accomplish anything

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 06:51 AM