KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » No Hobbit for P.J

No Hobbit for P.J
Started by: Darth Vicious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
If not, then Guillermo Del Toro, anyone?

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching Pan's Labyrinth and I'm not so sure I trust Sam Raimi. Raimi has a cheese factor that is way too noticable in his films, which is great for the evil dead franchise, but it took me out of the movie in the Spider-Mans. Del Toro would be awesome.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 10:19 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching Pan's Labyrinth and I'm not so sure I trust Sam Raimi. Raimi has a cheese factor that is way too noticable in his films, which is great for the evil dead franchise, but it took me out of the movie in the Spider-Mans. Del Toro would be awesome.
yes I don't want Raimi's campy little hands anywhere near the Hobbit.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 12:27 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

That is strange a man and me was talking about this at work just last week.He told me this but I was not sure if it was true or not.I guess he was right.
THey should let him directed.If he does not the movie is going to suck!jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 12:36 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P"C-ster"
Restricted

Account Restricted

Raimi should never be allowed to touch this film!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 01:08 PM
P"C-ster" is currently offline Click here to Send P"C-ster" a Private Message Find more posts by P"C-ster" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lilylidou

I think another director can do good too

Thanks You Comments

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:37 PM
lilylidou is currently offline Click here to Send lilylidou a Private Message Find more posts by lilylidou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakjackson

Angry

Let's not forget Phillipa Boyens and Fran Walsh people! They were the ones that brought the literary adaptation to the film. Peter couldn't have done it alone! Peter got the visuals, but Phillipa and Fran wrote the dialogue. If Sam Raimi directs, the film will look great I'm sure. But, if it is not adapted well, the film will not have the same feel and will flop. Not to mention, there are a lot of ringers that are in love with Peter Jackson's vision. New Line is gonna piss a lot of people off if they don't swallow their pride and admit that they goofed on their accounting. Peter took a big risk trying to get these movies made. He literally went into debt before the Fellowship was released into theaters. Bob Shaye should be kissing Peter's ass for grossing $3 billion in profits for New Line. Yeah.....that's right.......$3 billion.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 12:01 AM
Blakjackson is currently offline Click here to Send Blakjackson a Private Message Find more posts by Blakjackson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope Samuel L. Jackson directs the film.smile

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 08:30 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Blakjackson
Let's not forget Phillipa Boyens and Fran Walsh people! They were the ones that brought the literary adaptation to the film. Peter couldn't have done it alone! Peter got the visuals, but Phillipa and Fran wrote the dialogue. If Sam Raimi directs, the film will look great I'm sure. But, if it is not adapted well, the film will not have the same feel and will flop. Not to mention, there are a lot of ringers that are in love with Peter Jackson's vision. New Line is gonna piss a lot of people off if they don't swallow their pride and admit that they goofed on their accounting. Peter took a big risk trying to get these movies made. He literally went into debt before the Fellowship was released into theaters. Bob Shaye should be kissing Peter's ass for grossing $3 billion in profits for New Line. Yeah.....that's right.......$3 billion.

Your right on the ball. smile

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 09:07 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
History Buff

I've never read the book but those that have say its going to be VERY HARD to Top the novel..

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 07:58 PM
History Buff is currently offline Click here to Send History Buff a Private Message Find more posts by History Buff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 02:43 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

That's really depressing..I was really looking forward to another good movie directed by Peter, dealing with Lord of the Rings. I had been waiting for a few years. sad

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 03:28 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

If that article is true, there may be hope yet. Some of those rumoured directors are simply laughable.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 08:53 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapscallion

Del Toro reminds me so much of Jackson it's scary. I don't know that i'd want him to direct the hobbit necessarily though. PJ is far and away the first choice.
As for Bob Shaye he sounds like the biggest @$$-hole, crying like a little kid and bashing Jackson in public. PJ didn't bring this into the lime light and insult shaye. If you have a buisness problem with someone you deal with it like a grown-up and work it out, not sever all connections with them, refuse to talk to them, and issue a very public statement in which you accuse them of being arrogant, greedy, and that you'll never work with them again. He then goes on to say how he gave PJ a quarter billion like that's an excuse for (supposedly)not paying him. You can't not pay someone just because they're rich, specially when the person in question earned your company 3 billion dollars. And lets not forget that New Line isn't exactly doing so well financially and if they lose the lawsuit they'd be in a spot of trouble.

sorry for the rant. this really pisses me off. at least they seemed to realize that they can't afford to not make it.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 07:23 PM
Rapscallion is currently offline Click here to Send Rapscallion a Private Message Find more posts by Rapscallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

they might be close to making it now big grin

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 11:15 PM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Meh....I'd prefer to not be made, y'know?
The LR-films were amazing....but I've found that they ruined the literary-value of the stories in many people's minds.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 01:24 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Secret Fire
Diverse, progress, change

I'm divided...

Originally posted by thefallen544
Hrm, I don't like a lot of the things he changed with LOTR and I appreciate I am in the minority prefering to see Glorfindel over Arwen save Frodo even if there "needed" to be a big female role in the film. Or the Elves at Helms deep in order to make it look like the Elves were not leaving Middle-earth where in fact it was left to men to defend Helms Deep its little things like that. That just...bug me..

To be fair, no one here is a director (that I know of anyway), and we can't criticise Peter Jackson's decisions with LotR because we can't understand the weight of his decisions. Simple.

Originally posted by Rapscallion
Del Toro reminds me so much of Jackson it's scary. I don't know that i'd want him to direct the hobbit necessarily though. PJ is far and away the first choice.
As for Bob Shaye he sounds like the biggest @$$-hole, crying like a little kid and bashing Jackson in public. PJ didn't bring this into the lime light and insult shaye. If you have a buisness problem with someone you deal with it like a grown-up and work it out, not sever all connections with them, refuse to talk to them, and issue a very public statement in which you accuse them of being arrogant, greedy, and that you'll never work with them again. He then goes on to say how he gave PJ a quarter billion like that's an excuse for (supposedly)not paying him. You can't not pay someone just because they're rich, specially when the person in question earned your company 3 billion dollars. And lets not forget that New Line isn't exactly doing so well financially and if they lose the lawsuit they'd be in a spot of trouble.

sorry for the rant. this really pisses me off. at least they seemed to realize that they can't afford to not make it.

It's ironic how hypocritical Bob Shayne is. He's calling Peter Jackson greedy, while witholding his agreed pay unhonourably. No respect. Peter worked and needs to be paid properly, just like anyone else would.

As for Peter not directing The Hobbit, this is just ridiculous! Like someone said, he (among many, many, many, many other people) made LotR what it is. NO ONE will get a team like Peter and Fran had. I am saying this as a New Zealander and as a Wellingtonian as well (Peter is from Wellington): The LotR team was a massive family and that in part is what made the trilogy and the LotR epic what it is today and always. If Peter Jackson doesn't The Hobbit, NO ONE else can.

Originally posted by Blakjackson
Let's not forget Phillipa Boyens and Fran Walsh people! They were the ones that brought the literary adaptation to the film. Peter couldn't have done it alone! Peter got the visuals, but Phillipa and Fran wrote the dialogue. If Sam Raimi directs, the film will look great I'm sure.

Peter Jackson got the conceptual artists that had been visualising Tolkien's LotR many, many years before the thought of even making it into a film was made. The fact is: Alan Lee and John Howe visualised the film and gave it the look it has. NO ONE else could have done that. And if The Hobbit is not conceptualised by these two illustrators, it is cursed to fail.

Originally posted by Melcórë
Meh....I'd prefer to not be made, y'know?
The LR-films were amazing....but I've found that they ruined the literary-value of the stories in many people's minds.

Agreed. Once you have an image of something (in this case, LotR) in your head, and then when it is visualised in another/different way, it does spoil your image of it (this image comes from your minds eye). Although with imagination LotR can be whatever you make it to be, however hard this seems to be!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 04:49 AM
The Secret Fire is currently offline Click here to Send The Secret Fire a Private Message Find more posts by The Secret Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Secret Fire
Diverse, progress, change

Plus without Weta Workshop & Weta Digital it will be nothing.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 07:34 AM
The Secret Fire is currently offline Click here to Send The Secret Fire a Private Message Find more posts by The Secret Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

I don't know. I mean, I love PJ and the entire crew from lord of the rings as much as the next person. And i think they did things with it no one else would have been able to, and it's thanks to them that I fell in love with Tolkien, and fantasy to begin with.

But I loved the Hobbit before I knew the rest of the Rings books existed, because I loved it as a kid, and we did a play of it, etc. But the whole book has a very different feel to it than Rings. It is a childrens book, and the whole theme and plot, and characters...it is very different from Rings, and I think i'd be interested in seeing the spin a new directer puts on it (again. nothing against PJ, because I love his stuff. But that's not happening, new line wont change their minds on this.)

I dunno, I just think it could be interesting to see an entirly different film, just like it's an entirly different book. Because if Jackson does it, it will feel like a part of Rings. Which it is, but not really. It is its own seperate entity, and I think a new director could draw that line there.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 06:27 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

That's not what exactly what I meant, but....I'm too tired to elaborate just know. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 10:16 PM
Batman Returns

i think hes only producing it now, right?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 03:49 AM
Batman Returns is currently offline Click here to Send Batman Returns a Private Message Find more posts by Batman Returns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote