KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME- Main Rules and character creation (Updated 2011)

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME- Main Rules and character creation (Updated 2011)
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Aloofness is a better word.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 03:18 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well we can assume that Palidan took Aloofness for hatred.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 12:00 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Ush, got excited and jumped the gun. Whenever I can get in, here's who I'd like to be. I'll flesh out the story/details once I find out whether I got the numbers right. Obviously, there's no hurry here. Thanks.

Throdun Son Of Thredon, Dwarven Adventurer
15000 XP, Level 1

STATS
Strength: +4
Agility: +1
Constitution: +3
Intuition: 0
Intelligence: 0
Presence: 0

SKILLS
Unarmored (Agility): 1/1 = 2 … Base Roll = +10
Rigid Leather (Agility): 2/1 = 3 … Base Roll = +15
Chain (Strength): 4/4 = 8 … Base Roll = +40
One-handed Concussion Weapons* (Strength): 6/4 = 10 … Base Roll = +50
Thrown Weapons (Agility): 1/1 = 2 … Base Roll = +10
Climb (Agility): 3/1 = 4 … Base Roll = +20
Stalk/Hide (Presence): 2/0 = 2 … Base Roll = +10
Pick Lock (Intelligence): 1/0 = 1 … Base Roll = +5
Disarm Trap (Intuition): 1/0 = 1 … Base Roll = +5
Perception (Intuition): 2/0 = 2 … Base Roll = +10
Defensive Score (Agility): 0/1 = 1 … Base Roll = +5
Body Development: 5
Body Development Value: 10

Stamina: (5*10)+5+(3*5)=70

BACKGROUND
Item of quality: Fine One-handed Axe
Stat Bonus +1 Strength
Lightning Reflexes
Pain Resistant

EQUIPMENT
Fine one-handed axe
Rigid Leather Armor
Round Shield
Throwing Knives

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 12:41 AM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ooh! A friend for Talin!

Can you just confirm how you spent your stats?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 12:43 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That removed my special distinction as an only Dwarf. To quote Cartman, "Butters, I'M the Dwarf!" stick out tongue

Seriously, though, good to have you aboard, Jazz!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 05:16 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Ooh! A friend for Talin!

Can you just confirm how you spent your stats?

I added +2 to to Strength as my 'profession' stat increase. Then I put +2 into Agility and +1 into each of Intelligenct and Presence for the add four to any non-profession stat.
Did I get it all right? The calculations for skills, rolls, and things?
Also, when the numbers are approved, I'll be writing a more detailed description and background, including a name change. (Had a cool idea last night as far as characterization goes.)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 04:27 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, numbers look good. Just some things:

- Did you want any Secondary skills? THat's not a hunt, just that some people have said after creation that they didnt realise they could have them. Likewise Perception increases. it's much more clear in this version of creation than it used to be but I am still checking.

- You get an Adventurer bonus by level onto certain skills, remember

... and actually that's it. That's gone very well.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 06:09 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Would I get more secondary skill for free at my basic stat rating then? And I'll add in the adventurer bonus. Pretty smooth creation for me, I must be getting smarter. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 09:40 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Is this thing starting up again? If it is I would like to join.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 02:56 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It's actually going right now, just on hiatus until Ush wraps up Matrix and Star Wars.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 04:49 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Here's my Dwaf's bio. I have alterd what he will call himself, though his actual name has not changed.

Story:
Throdun, Son of Thredon is not your average Dwarf. For dwarves love to mine and make things, to walk along in their halls under their mountains. They care not of wandering about the world, meeting its myriad inhabitants nor adventuring merely for the joy of it. This Dwarf is a rare exception. At the young age of 70 he set forth from his home halls to meet the world’s inhabitants and find adventure wherever he could. He went shortly after the death of his father and without the blessing of his family. The only possessions he took with him were the axe of his father, his own small throwing hatchets and some leather armor. No money was in his purse.
Giving himself the name of Walker he travels where his whim or adventures take him. Though he set out with no fortune at all, he collects money from his adventures and any odd chores he can find people to give him. He turns up his nose at very few tasks and only takes what folks care to give him for his trouble, which is sometime naught at all. Walker is friendly to all he meets regardless of their heritage. However he will refuse to use or reveal his true name to anyone, even at time when this causes mistrust and suspicion. This bothers Walker not at all, for he ties himself to no being or no location. If he finds his welcome has cooled he moves on as happily as he arrived, though this has only happened rarely.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 10:44 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Sorry to double post, but I was looking over the Secondary Skill thing again. Are these just a handful of skills I may pick to 'round out' the character? I mean do I need to put any numbers behind them, and if so how? I'm thinking Walker is an occasional Gambler, and since he has done nothing but travel Middle Earth from an early age I thought that he needs something to represent what he may have learned out there. Something along the lines of a less-than-common knowledge of Geography, or maybe current events. I envision that if someone names some obscure village or settlement, Walker has probably been in or by it; or at least has heard something about it. That's a vague description for a skill, but I'd like to work that sort of knowledge in his character. Not going for a Gandalf level of omniscience, just something to show Walker's 'been around'.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 05:58 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Call it Culture and that's fine as a Secondary. Yes, though, you need to invest in it- any one of your normal skill increases you got at creation (or subsequenlt levels) can instead be used to increase a Secondary by two.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 06:10 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

I'll take a point off of Stalk/Hide and a point off of One Handed Concussion Weapons to buy into Culture. Gambling doesn't seem to fit anyhow, and now I've got the premise behind culture down I really like it.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 10:48 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Should probably tidy up this guy as well...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 05:09 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Palidan V. 2.0!

Noldor Mage
Level 2

Strength: 0 +1 (1)
Agility: 3
Constitution: 2 (2)
Intuition: 1 +1 (2)
Intelligence: 1 +2 (3)
Presence: 5

Skills

MOBILITY SKILLS
Unarmoured- 1+1 (2/3) 5 (Base for Die: 25)

WEAPON SKILLS
One-handed edged weapons- (1/1) 2 (Base for Die: 10)
Polearms- 0 +2 (2/1) 3 (Base for Die: 15)
Missile Weapons- (1/3) 4 (Base for Die: 20)

GENERAL SKILLS
Ride- (1/2) 3 (Die roll base: 15)
Swim- (2/3) 5 (Die roll base: 25)

SUBTERFUGE SKILLS
Stalk/Hide- (2/5) 7 (Base for Die: 35)

MAGIC SKILLS
Read Runes- 2 +1 +1 (4/3) 7 (Base for Die: 35)
Use Item- 1 +1 +1 (3/3) (Base for Die: 30 +20 race bonus)
Directed Spell Use- +2 +2 (4/3) 7 (Base for Die: 35)

OTHER SKILLS
Perception- (3/2) 5 (Base for Die: 25)

Body Development- 1 +4 (5/5) 25 +5 +10=40
Body Development Value-5
Stamina =25 (5*5)
Leadership 0 +2 (2/5) 7 (Base for Die: 35)

12 Spell choices-Favored Essence

I Galu o Varda
Level 1: Light
Level 2: Shade
Level 3: Light In the Darkness
Level 4: Burst of Light
Level 5: Greater Light
Level 6: Light of War
Level 7: Touch of the Sun
Level 8: Glittering Curtain
Level 9: Swirling Lights
Level 10: Light of the Valar

I Chir o Nen
Level 1: Find Water
Level 2: Purify Water

I Vellas o Sern
Level 1: Sense Depth
Level 2: Stone Hue

I Thurin Naur
Level 1: Spark
Level 2: Resist Fire (Aura)
Level 3: Smoke
Level 4: Aura of Flame
Level 5: Wall of Fire

I Valan o Heleg
Level 1: Frost
Level 2: Resist Cold (Aura)
Level 3: Floor of Ice
Level 4: Touch of Frost
Level 5: Wall of Cold

Background Points-2
Item of Quality + Spell adding focus.
-Elven crafted Magic Staff +10 to Pole arms and +3 power points

Equipment
Short Bow
Missiles
No armor
No shield

Gain the following for each Level (including Level 1!)

- Increase a weapon skill by one (x) (x)Polearms
- Increase two different General skills by one. (Substituted for Mobility 1x)(Substituted for Secondary Skill)
- Add two to your Body Development (x) (x)
- Increase one Magical skill by two, and the other Magical skills by one
- Substitute any one of the above increases to increase a Mobility skill by one (x) (x)
- Substitute any one increase to increase Perception by one (either can only be done once)
- Substitute any one increase to increase a Secondary skill by two (x) (x)
- Gain five Spell choices (x) (x)

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 08:09 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right! Just overhauled the details of the numbers involved in skills and how you level up. It's matching the original very closely now; I don't think moving away from it helped.

Note that NONE of the actual rules of playing have changed; it's just how you arrive at the numbers, and in 99% of cases the numbers will be identical However, I've undone some tweaks I did to Animists and Mages so that might require some jiggery pokery from the appropriate people. I'll help out.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 01:19 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Yay for jiggery pokery!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 01:28 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Or piggery jokery.

You may want to take a moment to look at the development point system. I've taken away your weapon skill (Mages get none in the original) but you can transfer points over from magical skills or those language points and invest them into weapons- that's generally recommended.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 01:35 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oops, forgot to update the 'putting it together' section. Now done!

BtVS

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 01:42 PM