KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Batdude's Tourney Match #3

Batdude's Tourney Match #3
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Good match everyone thumb up Congrats Digi/Scoobs.Souja don't worry about it,we lost to two of the best on this forum who have a very good chance of victory.Infact i hope they win(just cause that means we can say we were the 2nd best team in the tourney,which we are shifty ) Anyway congrats everyone on a good match.(Oh and judges...if you have any loved one's you want to live to a ripe old age i suggest you open your mail atleast three miles away from them shifty

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 03:15 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Good match everyone thumb up Congrats Digi/Scoobs.Souja don't worry about it,we lost to two of the best on this forum who have a very good chance of victory.Infact i hope they win(just cause that means we can say we were the 2nd best team in the tourney,which we are shifty ) Anyway congrats everyone on a good match.(Oh and judges...if you have any loved one's you want to live to a ripe old age i suggest you open your mail atleast three miles away from them shifty
laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 03:18 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Nice match all.

smile

And to MM/Souja, you guys surprised the hell out of me. You did a great job with your picks, and gave us a tough match. It was fun. Thanks, and hopefully you're not done with tourneys.

thumb up

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 03:42 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Nice match all.

smile

And to MM/Souja, you guys surprised the hell out of me. You did a great job with your picks, and gave us a tough match. It was fun. Thanks, and hopefully you're not done with tourneys.

thumb up

I'll be back big grin

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 03:45 AM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Soljer
Alright, I hating voting first, but perhaps I'll get lucky, and while I'm typing this, someone will come in and vote under me.

smile.
Teams:
So, we have Digi and Scoob representing Adam Warlock, the Space Phantom, and Thor.

versus

Souja and MartianMind repping the Juggernaut, Beta Ray Bill, and Captain Atom.

I'm kind of liking Souja's team better. I mean Space Phantom? Who the hell is that? Adam Warlock? He isn't even midtier without the soul gem! stick out tongue.

Just kidding Digi, don't ban me.

Regardless, my first impression of the teams matters little. I knew how Digi and Scoob operated, and knew they'd have something quite impressive planned.

I was right.

Prep:
Soul Link! Genius. When I first read that, I knew I was going to be in for a treat. All of Digi's team would have the experience, fighting ability, and knowledge of Doc Strange, Thor, Masterson Thor, and the Silver Surfer. That is Eon's of experience, added in a flash. That alone would be great, but when they have the space phantom take the form of the Surfer, he already has all of Surfer's knowledge and experience in ADDITION to his power.

And let me address that, now, my opinion on the 'controversial' topic brought up near the end of the match. It really does seem as if digi and scoob have defending their strategy. There seems to be no reason that the space phantom couldn't take the form of the surfer. If it's because he taps into a well of infinite energies...well..hasn't the Phantom taken the form of the Hulk?

I'm not saying that the Hulk and Surfer are comparable, but hasn't it been said that the Hulk draws his strength from an infinite interdimensional source?

Meh. As far as space phantom goes, I think that Souja and Martian Mind wasted a few posts near the end trying to argue against it. Maybe I'm the one who is mistaken, though, I dunno.

Anyways, moving on.

Thor and Warlock now both have the durablility of the Surfer added to their own. Not to mention his ability to call on additional Strength. This compounded with Adam and Strange's martial arts abilities, and the INSANE mobility the Surfer has on his board (dodging meteorstorms at lightspeed?) make Digi's team a force to be reckoned with, even on the physical playing field.

Now, Souja's and MM's opening strategy:

Not nearly as complex or intertwined as Digi's and Scoobs, but effective nonetheless. Except for the fact that it even STARTS with Bill using a couple Thor feats - a subject of some contention for this match.

Anyways, the fact that they leave Juggernaut more or less unprotected and unamped put them at a distinct disadvantage. As I mentioned before, the Surfer dodges meteors at speeds faster than C. The Juggernaut's going to jump at him? What the f**k?

The Juggernaut isn't a bad pick! Not at all! Properly melded and amped, he is INCREDIBLE in tourney's like these. But When used as EXACTLY what he is - a brick - well...that's like picking the Hulk for one of these Herald level tourneys. Non sensical.

Battle:

It seems for the first half of the match, Digi and Scoob had Souja and MM on the run. On the defensive. The debate was theirs to control and lead.

The second half, this momentum faltered a bit, and even completely REVERSED once Digi and Scoob had to start defending their initial picks, even.

Mobility definitely goes to Digi's team. Souja's idea of reversing polarities on the power cosmic was creative, but inaccurate. Reversing magetic polarities is hardly the same thing as making energy disappear or reverse its effects.

Meh, I could go on, analyzing the battle post by post, but I'm not dedicated enough, and I doubt anyone cares enough for me to actually do that. **** it.

Vote

The only part anyone gives a flying **** about. The part most people probably scrolled/skipped down to.

So, first, I would like to wish both teams good luck, and congratulate both on a job well done. Both debated quite well. Surprisingly well, in Martian's case, as he is a bit new to the tourney scene.

Good job, guys!

However, my vote, for a combination of beautiful prep and great strategization, is going to have to go to.....

Digi/Scoob

Good job guys. You really impressed me.

Last edited by DigiMark007 on Today at 11:23 AM

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
My analysis isn't going to be nearly as thorough as Soljer's, although he's covered a lot of the reasoning behind my vote.

Firstly, with regard to the eleventh hour attempt to discredit the very opening strategy of creating Space Phantom Surfer (SPS), it might have worked had it not been an eleventh hour attempt. Digi/Scoobs put forward a clear and convincing reasoning why they believed they could use an SPS in their opening strategy. And throughout the battle until the very last moment MM and Souja, themselves, have been arguing under the premise that they were fighting SPS.

Secondly, with regard to Juggernaut, a major flaw in his use to me was using him purely as the Juggernaut. A brick. A brick without flight, speed or energy projection in a herald level tourney is basically a liability. I can't imagine a Juggernaut leaping around in the Moon's weak gravity to serve any real purpose other than as an annoyance.

Thirdly, it seemed to me that MM and Souja were wasting a lot of effort pursuing several points that weren't solidly backed, for a few examples attempting to absorb SPS and Thor's surfboards (afaik the Surfer's board is composed of the same incredibly durable substance as the Surfer, and isn't an energy construct) or reversing polarities in order to reverse power transference that happened during prep.

While I believe both teams made a valiant effort and put forward some creative arguments, in terms of preparation and strategy my overall impression was that Digi and Scoobs put forward a more convincing and cohesive strategy to win, and made the more creative and effective use of the characters at their disposal.

So, while I congratulate Soujaboy and Martian_mind on an excellent effort, my vote goes to DigiMark007 and Scoobless.

I'll be expecting a letterbomb and a signed blank cheque in my mail box from the teams respectively.

Last edited by DigiMark007 on Today at 6:06 PM

Originally posted by juggernaut66666
My vote is on Digi/Scoobless

The choose of the characters was wise since all of them were pretty versatile.

They had great tactics for instance the soul and telepathic links between their team members giving them the experience of the characters also giving Surfer's powers to the characters giving them some advantage against the other team.

I also liked that they were able to encounter every "attack" that Souja and MM brought up against them IMO you guys could use more scans to back up those "counter attacks" but maybe it's just me who thinks this.

As for the other team the Juggernaut tactics weren't really useful sorry to say this but Juggernaut is pretty much useless till someone engages him in a physical battle which won't really be happening since all of the other team members had speed and flight advantage against him also Juggernaut channeling electricity sounds pretty unbelievable since he was never shown to do anything like that.

Well I have to admit that this was the most impressive match I have seen in the current tourney.

Anyway good job both of you. smile

Last edited by DigiMark007 on Today at 6:24 PM

shifty

Last edited by One Big Mob on Jan 22nd, 2007 at 03:52 AM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 03:49 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

laughing

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 03:56 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by bigbran
shifty

That dirty scoundrel! mad

laughing laughing

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:28 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did I miss something?

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:30 AM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Badabing
That dirty scoundrel! mad

laughing laughing

Hey, whatever it takes, bub.

cool

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:36 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Soujaboy
Did I miss something?

Bran took all of the judges' vote posts and typed at the bottom: Last edited by DigiMark007 on Today.........

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:43 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Bran took all of the judges' vote posts and typed at the bottom: Last edited by DigiMark007 on Today.........

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hey, whatever it takes, bub.

cool

He just called me bub! eek! messed laughing

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:45 AM
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

I demand a recount! mad

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:47 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Yo momma is so fat where ever she casts her shadow the ground cracks

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:47 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Yo momma is so fat where ever she casts her shadow the ground cracks

Yeah, that's my cue to unpin this.

Nice match all.

wink

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:48 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Bump

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:53 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

I didn't do anything of the sort... shifty

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 05:22 AM
Badabing
Karen

That was classic. laughing

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 05:26 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Can we steal Stormbreaker for the second match then?

evil face

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 03:37 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote