KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Started by: TheVapor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
Does anyone know how long this will be ?

I'll assume prolly as long as the first one. I've read all the novels which I loved a lot. I loved the first movie. I look forward to seeing this.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 11:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faithxp

same here I love the first one thats why I will watch the part 2 of it.,

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 05:36 PM
faithxp is currently offline Click here to Send faithxp a Private Message Find more posts by faithxp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

The first one was wonderful, so definitely seeing the second movie.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 06:02 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Me too.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 10:32 PM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

Disney plans to have a new Narnia movie released every year after this one. I think that sounds cool, but at the same time one year is not enough time for the franchise to feel fresh to public, and a lack of interest will come about quickly. However, as a Narnia fan this won't be a problem for me, and it's kind of exciting knowing that there will be a Narnia movie being released around the time of both my High School graduation and my College graduation.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 02:20 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

I'm definitely excited for this. From the trailer it looks like its going to have some good action scenes and should be really exciting. This article is a few days old but they showed MSN 45 min. of the movie and here are their thoughts.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlis...-08?GT1=MOVIES5

I think I heard they were going to do them so quickly one after another was so the characters dont get too old. Anyone else here that?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 07:14 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

Yes, I did hear that. Production has slowed down on the next movie, Dawn Treader, however. It was supposed to be released in 2009, but is now slated for a 2010 release.

Fine by me, considering that in the same year Deathly Hallows, and the Hobbit will be released; just makes things better.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 03:14 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Ahh, heck, just skip to the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, it's alot better than this. Apparently to some 'Prince Caspian' is a darker, more adult story than the rest; screw that, what a load of bollocks. It's the tamest of them all.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 11:44 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

Why would anyone say it's darker? Silver Chair, and Last Battle are without a doubt the darkest installments in the series.

Dawn Treader will most likely be better than Caspian, and i'm not just saying that because it's like The Odyssey, which I enjoyed very much.

My favorite in the series though, A Horse and his Boy, won't be hitting theaters for quite some time.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 01:39 PM
exanda kane

Ergh, Horse and his Boy was monotomous.

You say anyone, I say the producers of the film and those covering its various press releases. Obviously they have got the marketing schtick going on there and trying to bring in those LotR dollars, but I think they've taken the sentiment to heart with the design of the film.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 03:07 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

I think that's a smart dicision, because with the huge success of LotR people will gravitate towards a movie that offers a simillar feel. Not only is it good for general audiances, but it's good for the fans. As you said, this story is very tame, and some serious sprucing up may be just what the movie needs.

One thing i've been wondering though is how well Voyage is going to fare. People will be reminded of Pirates, and that might create interest, but there is not much action in the book, except for the monster fight, and THAT was already seen in Pirates. More changes are likely to happen to Voyage than to Prince.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 04:03 PM
exanda kane

Let Voyage be a slow burner then. They will have a few problems if they are scared of taking the blatant religous angle of the destination (what else could they do with it!?) of the ship, i.e. the after-life, but they'll have to get through that hurdle somehow. They completely derailed the The Northern Lights when putting that into the film by disregarding and playing down the amatuerish-atheist tones the books (of which are idiotic in the first place), so let's hope they keep things as they should be script-wise.

Again, I don't think Narnia should be an action filled series, albeit the action pieces should be done well, but all the same, let the story, dialogue and the performances of the four Pensieve kids (which were well done in the first installment) take the brunt of the responsibility.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 04:44 PM
RIDDLE_OF_STARS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really hope they get around to making "The Silver Chair", that was my favorite book of the series.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 11:18 PM
RIDDLE_OF_STARS is currently offline Click here to Send RIDDLE_OF_STARS a Private Message Find more posts by RIDDLE_OF_STARS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

They plan on releasing all of the books to film, in publishing order, not chronological. So Silver Chair is coming after Voyage. If Disney has switched their pace to every other year then we won't see Chair until 2012. This could be because the last couple installments have the Pevensies as adults, and they want them to be the right age when the time comes around [although they may get too old so pace might quicken again.]

As for touching on Voyages religious angle, I think the ending will be treated like the Grey Havens in LotR, where it's implied where they're going, but it's not a huge smack in the face. Also i have no problem with Voyage being story, and character driven, the thing is will the public [who's dollars translate into success, which in turn translates into more movies] want a lot of story, or at least a 50/50 story/action compromise. The Odyssey was a great film, that had good story, and was character driven; but that was made for TV. Not that I'm worried about Voyage bombing [it won't] it's just that a lack of interest in further movies by the public would not be good for the franchise. The director picked for Voyage will have to be a very good, experienced director [didn't they already pick one?].

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 03:40 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

I disliked the first one, so I think I'll pass.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 02:03 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

What about the first didn't you like, just wondering, because this one's being done somewhat differently.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 08:35 PM
tifa_karate15

i hope this one will be good

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 03:08 PM
tifa_karate15 is currently offline Click here to Send tifa_karate15 a Private Message Find more posts by tifa_karate15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

I think this one is going to be good too. I think maybe even better then the first. I enjoyed the first one, this one just looks more engaging and a more compelling story... does that make sense?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 08:49 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surabhi

Smile narnia at your doorstep

Hey for all those people who are fans of the The Chronicles of Narnia book series.The second book Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian will be hitting the scenes on May 16, 2008. Ben Barnes is playing the character of his lifetime. Prince Caspian is looking for followers to fight against the Telmarines.
I am so excited.. The movie will be a must watch. For people who haven’t read the Narnia collection the movies are generally better!Lets share our thoughts on this.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 06:36 PM
surabhi is currently offline Click here to Send surabhi a Private Message Find more posts by surabhi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Cool, and after we do that, we can all build a candy cane slay and slide down Marshmellow Mountain! Get a fricking avatar.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 06:39 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote