KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beta Ray Bill and Thor (Weaponless) versus Hulk

Beta Ray Bill and Thor (Weaponless) versus Hulk
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Then he gives him a ride home.
The team wins.

Attachment: b-thordfhulk2.jpg
This has been downloaded 105 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:44 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Evangel94
King Thor had been amping up his strength with Odin Force for over 30 issues. Dr. Strange placed an amulet on King Thor that restricted King Thor's use of the Odin Force for that particular battle, but it didn't remove the strength he had already gained previously. It just removed the possibility of Thor gaining ANYMORE power from the Odin Force for that battle.

I would like to see were this was stated, because I own nearly every issue that deals with Thor and his reign over earth, and I never came across that.

If the Odin Power was restricted, this means that Thor's amping of his strength was also canceled.

That would be like Galactus taking back the power cosmic from Surfer, and Surfer still retaining all his power.

Anyways the team takes this battle 10/10

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:50 AM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Just want to point something out, Hulk HAS taken Thor's lightning before and shrugged it off. Not to mention I still believe the whole point of this is to just have them duke it out.

Also, considering how Thor has failed to take Hulk down in H2H over and over again in the past, I don't see how any one wouldn't consider a one-armed Thor killing Hulk to be jobbing on Hulk's part. Goes against all of continuity really

Any way, I'll still stick with this going either way.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:59 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Accel
Not to mention I still believe the whole point of this is to just have them duke it out.
Mostly due to the threadstarter being misinformed.

Well, he only said no hammers though... so...

One-shot Durok killer for the win (before anyone gets all fanboy on me, I never said it would kill Hulk, just put him down).

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 07:01 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just want to point something out, Hulk HAS taken Thor's lightning before and shrugged it off. Not to mention I still believe the whole point of this is to just have them duke it out.

Also, considering how Thor has failed to take Hulk down in H2H over and over again in the past, I don't see how any one wouldn't consider a one-armed Thor killing Hulk to be jobbing on Hulk's part. Goes against all of continuity really

Any way, I'll still stick with this going either way.

Thats a nice feat for Hulk but as you may know, Thor has the ability to increase the effectiveness of his lightnings effectiveness by 10,000 fold as stated in his fight with Ego. I'm positive Hulk won't be shrugging off one of those bolts.

Couldn't it just be that Thor jobbed to Hulk, as do many other characters? We now Thor's track record and how he fares against top tier and above characters. Thor should have no problem dealing with a character who's mid tier at best.

However I wont. Two character with planetary lv strength, and advanced h2h skills should easily defeat the one dimensional Hulk.

the team 10/10

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 07:07 AM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Soujaboy
Thats a nice feat for Hulk but as you may know, Thor has the ability to increase the effectiveness of his lightnings effectiveness by 10,000 fold as stated in his fight with Ego. I'm positive Hulk won't be shrugging off one of those bolts.

Couldn't it just be that Thor jobbed to Hulk, as do many other characters? We now Thor's track record and how he fares against top tier and above characters. Thor should have no problem dealing with a character who's mid tier at best.

However I wont. Two character with planetary lv strength, and advanced h2h skills should easily defeat the one dimensional Hulk.

the team 10/10

Thor was already out for blood when he tried it on Hulk, even to the point where he was just reaching Warrior Madness mode. Pretty sure that his lightning attacks aren't being held back in that state.

No, as that logic doesn't make sense. These two have fought literally dozens of times, and it's been made clear that Thor couldn't take Hulk down in H2H, which is the point we're basically discussing here. Clearly, it doesn't make sense for regular Thor with one arm to all of a sudden kill Hulk when he couldn't put Hulk down with both arms several times in the past.

It's more than being one-dimensional. I know people are sick of the whole "Hulk can become stronger than his opponent's" argument, but it is within Hulk's abilities. And he already starts near their level to begin with. The fact, is the duo doesn't take him out before he becomes too much to handle, they're screwed. How many times they can do this is the question.

The team could take the majority, but definitely not 10/10.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 07:18 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor was already out for blood when he tried it on Hulk, even to the point where he was just reaching Warrior Madness mode. Pretty sure that his lightning attacks aren't being held back in that state.

No, as that logic doesn't make sense. These two have fought literally dozens of times, and it's been made clear that Thor couldn't take Hulk down in H2H, which is the point we're basically discussing here. Clearly, it doesn't make sense for regular Thor with one arm to all of a sudden kill Hulk when he couldn't put Hulk down with both arms several times in the past.

It's more than being one-dimensional. I know people are sick of the whole "Hulk can become stronger than his opponent's" argument, but it is within Hulk's abilities. And he already starts near their level to begin with. The fact, is the duo doesn't take him out before he becomes too much to handle, they're screwed. How many times they can do this is the question.

The team could take the majority, but definitely not 10/10.

They wont be held back in this match either. What I mean by this is that he'll be doing his more powerful attacks at the beginning of this match up, and not waiting till he's dead. Fortunately for my sake, Thor isn't as stupid on these boards as he is in comics.

It doesn't make since?

Here I'll break it down.

Thor battles top tiers and heralds lv's, and he mops them up with his more powerful exotic powers. Thor then fights Hulk and throws his hammer, and never uses his warrior skill. Yes Thor fights stupid and either loses or stalemates Hulk.

Now realistically when you look at it, Thor should mop Hulk up easily. reason being is because his vastly superior skill, and his major strength advantage at the beginning of the battle. Thor also retains his god blast when fighting something he always forgets he has.

Maybe Thor killed Hulk at this moment because he was out for blood. In there earlier battles Thor's intentions were only to stop or ko Thor. However in this instance his family was endangered changing his intentions from stopping to killing.

Luckily for Thor these forum battles are blood lusted battles.

Hulk's no where near BRB's and Thor's strength lv at the beginning of this fight. While they have planet crushing strength, he's somewhere in the 100 ton range.

Even if Hulk does get too enraged their battle skills should easily cope with Hulks strength.

The duo 10/10

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 07:32 AM
Accel

They wont be held back in this match either. What I mean by this is that he'll be doing his more powerful attacks at the beginning of this match up, and not waiting till he's dead. Fortunately for my sake, Thor isn't as stupid on these boards as he is in comics.

He does fight in character however. And Thor in character likes to prove his own strength against someone who he knows could actually match him blow for blow.
It doesn't make since?

Here I'll break it down.

Thor battles top tiers and heralds lv's, and he mops them up with his more powerful exotic powers. Thor then fights Hulk and throws his hammer, and never uses his warrior skill. Yes Thor fights stupid and either loses or stalemates Hulk.

The problem is, we’re not discussing Thor with his exotic abilities, just H2H. And H2H, Thor has shown that he generally can’t take Hulk.

If King Thor used some magic attack, then yeah, I’d understand that fight more, but seemingly he didn’t, so it makes no sense unless one disregards all of continuity.
Now realistically when you look at it, Thor should mop Hulk up easily. reason being is because his vastly superior skill, and his major strength advantage at the beginning of the battle. Thor also retains his god blast when fighting something he always forgets he has.

There is no vastly superior strength, as has been shown time and time again. And by his own admission, Thor isn’t as skilled as Hercules, who has also never managed to put Hulk down in H2H.
Maybe Thor killed Hulk at this moment because he was out for blood. In there earlier battles Thor's intentions were only to stop or ko Thor. However in this instance his family was endangered changing his intentions from stopping to killing.

He’s been out for blood on more than one occasion in the past against Hulk. He was reaching Warrior Madness mode when facing Hulk near the bomb site. He was ordered by Hela to kill Hulk during one of the times she had him under her spell.

Both of these times, he failed to kill Hulk and in both instances, Hulk was trying to get him to stop fighting.
Hulk's no where near BRB's and Thor's strength lv at the beginning of this fight. While they have planet crushing strength, he's somewhere in the 100 ton range.

Yes, he is. He’s shown this every time he’s fought Thor or someone as strong as Thor.

If he wasn’t any where near their strength level as you say, then he would be taken down fairly easily by them. But this isn’t the case. Ever.
Even if Hulk does get too enraged their battle skills should easily cope with Hulks strength.

It didn’t work for Hercules (who Thor has admitted to be superior to him in H2H). Or the Maestro in the Destroyer armor. Or Red Norvell.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 07:55 AM
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

He does fight in character however. And Thor in character likes to prove his own strength against someone who he knows could actually match him blow for blow.

The problem is, we’re not discussing Thor with his exotic abilities, just H2H. And H2H, Thor has shown that he generally can’t take Hulk.

If King Thor used some magic attack, then yeah, I’d understand that fight more, but seemingly he didn’t, so it makes no sense unless one disregards all of continuity.

There is no vastly superior strength, as has been shown time and time again. And by his own admission, Thor isn’t as skilled as Hercules, who has also never managed to put Hulk down in H2H.

He’s been out for blood on more than one occasion in the past against Hulk. He was reaching Warrior Madness mode when facing Hulk near the bomb site. He was ordered by Hela to kill Hulk during one of the times she had him under her spell.

Both of these times, he failed to kill Hulk and in both instances, Hulk was trying to get him to stop fighting.

Yes, he is. He’s shown this every time he’s fought Thor or someone as strong as Thor.

If he wasn’t any where near their strength level as you say, then he would be taken down fairly easily by them. But this isn’t the case. Ever.

It didn’t work for Hercules (who Thor has admitted to be superior to him in H2H). Or the Maestro in the Destroyer armor. Or Red Norvell.

True, but when Bloodlusted I believe Thor would take on different tactics.

Thor has shown he can take the Hulk, actually more than once. Most of their fights generally end up as stalemates or the Hulk pulls a slight victory. However in these fights Thor never implements his skill like he's done many times outside his fights with Hulk.

It actually does make since. Characters who Thor regarded as friends invaded his home and attempted to kill him and his family. Not only did he feel enraged because of betrayal, but also because his family was in danger. feeling this rage and wanting blood made him fight all out.

No really, Hulks base strength feats aren't even comparable to Thor's. If you take and compare them, you'll see a their not even in the same league.

Hulk wouldn't stand a chance against Warrior Madness Thor just as he wouldn't stand a chance against this duo.

Have you noticed that while on earth a lot of characters power lv's differ from what they were when they were in the cosmos?Lets take some of the characters Hulk's battled for example.Gladiator while in the cosmos can fly through stars and destroy planets with his strength Thor while in the cosmos shakes planets with his strikes. Both when fighting Hulk just don't seem as powerful. It just seems that characters job to Hulk, hence we usually disregard them as low feats.

Using that logic Spider Man's in Hulk's strength range, seeing as he's physically gave Hulk battles on more than one occasion at one point even leaving him ko'd.

Yes I know, people with fighting skill tend to forget their skills when fighting Hulk.

Still Hulk isn't beating two characters with planetary lv strength and top lv skills.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 08:17 AM
Accel

True, but when Bloodlusted I believe Thor would take on different tactics.

Possibly.
Thor has shown he can take the Hulk, actually more than once. Most of their fights generally end up as stalemates or the Hulk pulls a slight victory. However in these fights Thor never implements his skill like he's done many times outside his fights with Hulk.

In pure H2H, no he hasn’t shown he can take Hulk. He’s always fighting for his life in those times. And Thor rarely shows any extraodrinary skill that would give him an upset any way in his whole comic career. He's not a martial artist, but more of a brawler.
It actually does make since. Characters who Thor regarded as friends invaded his home and attempted to kill him and his family. Not only did he feel enraged because of betrayal, but also because his family was in danger. feeling this rage and wanting blood made him fight all out.

Which is really no different than the two instances I mentioned earlier. The fact remains that in all these times, Thor was out for blood; and in two of those times, he couldn’t put Hulk down with both his arms.
No really, Hulks base strength feats aren't even comparable to Thor's. If you take and compare them, you'll see a their not even in the same league.

He’s stalemated Thor in a direct contest of strength for an hour after only a little fighting. Clearly, he’s comparable at that level.
Hulk wouldn't stand a chance against Warrior Madness Thor just as he wouldn't stand a chance against this duo.

He’s already fought him and did fine on his own.
Have you noticed that while on earth a lot of characters power lv's differ from what they were when they were in the cosmos?Lets take some of the characters Hulk's battled for example.Gladiator while in the cosmos can fly through stars and destroy planets with his strength Thor while in the cosmos shakes planets with his strikes. Both when fighting Hulk just don't seem as powerful. It just seems that characters job to Hulk, hence we usually disregard them as low feats.

And Hulk’s shown to break a planetoid twice the size of Earth. The reason they can’t simply put him down with just strength is because he’s just as strong as they are, which again has been shown time and time again.
Using that logic Spider Man's in Hulk's strength range, seeing as he's physically gave Hulk battles on more than one occasion at one point even leaving him ko'd.

That’s really not the same thing at all.
Spider-Man is never more than a nuisance to Hulk. He’s hurt his fists just trying to take Hulk down. Hulk/Thor fights never go like that.

As for the cement truck incident, well Marvel’s cement really seems to be really sturdy stuff. I mean we’ve seen a cement truck knock out Hulk, a brick knock out Surfer and Juggernaut stopped dead in his tracks by cement. That stuff’s gotta be strong.
Yes I know, people with fighting skill tend to forget their skills when fighting Hulk.

Not at all. In fact, those people I listed DID use their skill against Hulk. So does Namor, as well as every street-leveler who’s gone up against him.
Still Hulk isn't beating two characters with planetary lv strength and top lv skills.

It’s very well within his abilities to do so.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 09:13 AM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
how much magic does Thor have sans Mjolnir?

Enough to put Hulk down.
He can call upon magical lightning and normal weapon and still blast his enemies with enough power to stop them, see Durok.He can still command weather elements to do whatever he wants.And he also is faster than Hulk, and more, more skilled.
Originally posted by Evangel94
King Thor had been amping up his strength with Odin Force for over 30 issues. Dr. Strange placed an amulet on King Thor that restricted King Thor's use of the Odin Force for that particular battle, but it didn't remove the strength he had already gained previously. It just removed the possibility of Thor gaining ANYMORE power from the Odin Force for that battle.

A skyfather doesn't spend his time amping his strength, when it's required, they tap into their personal power source, see Odin Force or Olympian Might, and use it for any purpose.The Thor that was ambushed fought Hulk and Thing with one hand, and killed them.The magic in amulet came from ALL, read with accuracy, ALL of Earth's skyfather, bot be sure that he could not access to the powers of the Odin Force.
And Thor and BRB tiring out?Godlike stamina anyone?

Last edited by K3VIL on Jan 17th, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 12:08 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by K3VIL
Enough to put Hulk down.
He can call upon magical lightning and normal weapon and still blast his enemies with enough power to stop them, see Durok.He can still command weather elements to do whatever he wants.And he also is faster than Hulk, and more, more skilled.

Thor has often been trashed by Hulk even when he is using Mjolnir.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 12:11 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Originally posted by masterbruce
Thor has often been trashed by Hulk even when he is using Mjolnir.

Thor in most of his battles with Hulk is jobbering like Darkseid VS Superman or Gladiator VS Anyone.
Thor can take Hulk down, and doesn't even need to go all out.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 12:15 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Thor in most of his battles with Hulk is jobbering like Darkseid VS Superman or Gladiator VS Anyone.

Pretty much. erm.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 02:40 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I think you're underestimating Hulk a bit

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 02:42 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's the vicious circle of jobbing down which Marvel likes to do, just for popularity - Thor jobs down to Hulk to make the battles more even (how often is Thor distracted to protect civilians, a concern Hulk virtually never has?), then Hulk has to job down to Wolverine, just because of Logan's rampant popularity.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 04:40 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

Why are lightning attacks being included?, I thought this match was solely to see who was stronger at H2H, no range attacks included.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:04 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Seems to me that over the last several years, Hulk has been used as a benchmark by Marvel to show how tough everyone else is by beating Hulk. IMO, this is bogus.

No hammers? A nonjobbing Hulk wins 2/3.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:08 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Maestro
Why are lightning attacks being included?, I thought this match was solely to see who was stronger at H2H, no range attacks included.

All that was said, was Thor and BRB can't use their hammers.
Thor can still call down the lightning without it, among other things. smart

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:16 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by roughrider
All that was said, was Thor and BRB can't use their hammers.
Thor can still call down the lightning without it, among other things. smart

Beta Ray Bill and Thor are weaponless. That would include using the elements as a weapon. This match is pure h2h.

Forever Young...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:17 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote