KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Blu-ray Format Discussion

In 10 years, which format will win, if any?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Blu Ray 20 62.50%
HD-DVD 8 25.00%
Hard Drive Storage/Streaming Video 4 12.50%
Total: 32 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blu-ray Format Discussion
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your blu ray prices are high.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 03:06 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Blu Ray is too high, especially with the economic crisis we're dealing with.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 09:20 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Heh. stick out tongue

I went to my local video store to, possibly, buy some Blu-ray movies since I finally just now acquired a 50 inch plasma screen.

Dude...............$34.99 for the Dark Knight? $19.99 for Jurassic Park?!? F*cking $17.99 for Poltergeist?!?!?!?

It's a scam, I tell you.

Why do you say that? Blu-Ray offers a picture quality that is so much better then that of DVD that it's like comparing a gameboy to a high-end gaming PC.

Everytime I've showed some ppl Blu-Ray when showed them the DVD version afterwards they have all been amazed at just how good Blu-Ray really is. I'd rather buy 1 Blu-Ray movie then get 2 DVD's but thats me.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 04:58 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolfie
Blu Ray is too high, especially with the economic crisis we're dealing with.

They are comming down in price

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 10:27 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

They are still expensive for most. Older films will be cheaper of course.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 04:58 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XOXObaby
Restricted

Account Restricted

hehehe

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 02:51 AM
XOXObaby is currently offline Click here to Send XOXObaby a Private Message Find more posts by XOXObaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

it took five or six years for dvds to come down in price.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 01:45 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

they are getteing cheaaper

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 04:26 PM
island-is-stone
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea, but they are still kinda expensive.

But I would still buy 1 blu-ray instead of 2 dvds.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 09:06 PM
island-is-stone is currently offline Click here to Send island-is-stone a Private Message Find more posts by island-is-stone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I am sold on blu ray now. After watching Star Wars on a PS3, I was totally wowed. So, I have a blu ray now and normal dvds with HDMI looks amazing.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 03:33 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reading through this topic, we soon change our mind lol, well I did.

It's blu-ray for me now, but I still buy dvds for certain films. Oh and due to the upscaling via HDMI, I'm not replacing all my dvds, just a few of my favourites on blu ray.

I think what did it for me was finding a rather cheap, but very good, blu ray player that can play any region disc around the world on either format.

Blu-ray is also not going anywhere.

If you want to test a blu ray to see what it really can do, the film so far to view is Avatar, it looks AMAZING on blu ray, and if you watch it first on blu ray, then compare it to the dvd(on a non upscaling player by the way), the dvd quality is absolutely terrible unless you have quite a small television.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 03:47 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Where did you find a multi region Blu Ray player? I have been looking for one cause I am still using my PS3 which doesn't upscale DVD's and that annoys me.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 04:49 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

From what I know, PS3 blu ray players do upscale dvds.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 05:10 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

If they do then they do a rubbish job of it.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 06:06 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Oh, the best part about my blu ray player is the USB ports!

smart shifty ninja

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 07:03 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
If they do then they do a rubbish job of it.

There is something about the settings, that you have to change? not sure, you should look it up, you might not have it set right for upscaling dvds?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 09:22 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Yeah I have set it up in the settings..

OK rubbish was a bit strong but its OK, Avatar for example is a little better than the SD DVD but still way off the Blu Ray version.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 10:10 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, upscaling doesn't get it up there with blu ray, but smooths out the pixels slightly on larger screens compared to the normal dvd players.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 10:23 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I just wish that the player on PS3 was multi region.

Actually if I am wishing for something it would be to get rid of these stupid region codes all together.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 10:31 PM
Th3birdman
Beast mode: off [on]

@ Mild Possesion

Whoa- Boy did your tune change... The beginning of this thread to now-- complete 540°. T.M too

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 12:56 AM
Th3birdman is currently offline Click here to Send Th3birdman a Private Message Find more posts by Th3birdman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote