KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Blu-ray Format Discussion

In 10 years, which format will win, if any?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Blu Ray 20 62.50%
HD-DVD 8 25.00%
Hard Drive Storage/Streaming Video 4 12.50%
Total: 32 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blu-ray Format Discussion
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

We have HD ready televisions in the house. Not bothered, just all the televisions we looked at had it on lol.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 10:36 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

wait till star wars comes out on blue ray sales will hit the roof !

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 03:37 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

does anyone know if Fight Club is coming to blu ray?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 11:57 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

everything is coming to Blu-Ray..........eventually....

Blu-Ray won, great! I have a PS3 so I have a Blu-Ray player....and I also have a newer HD DVD player that I bought mere months before it's demise. The end of the format has allowed me to pick up all kinds of flicks on HD DVD dirt cheap on deepdiscount.com. In years to come if my HD DVD player shits the bed, most of the HD DVDs are futureproof with a regular dvd on the flip side that I can still play in my Blu-Ray player.

who really won the war? me.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 10:10 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Bond is back on Blue ray

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1417

Old Post Jun 24th, 2008 10:52 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff1084

Blu ray is overrated and overpriced.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 07:29 PM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've read people have had quite a few problems with blu ray players unless they are the ps3 ones. Not a good start. Also, on most the only way you can update whatever on your machine is via the internet!! I think that's very unfair for people who don't have it...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 03:41 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidey-dude
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
I've read people have had quite a few problems with blu ray players unless they are the ps3 ones. Not a good start. Also, on most the only way you can update whatever on your machine is via the internet!! I think that's very unfair for people who don't have it...
other way around the PS3 is the last system you want to use as a blu ray player. people have alot of audio issues with blu ray players because they dont do the firmware updates for the player

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 08:32 PM
spidey-dude is currently offline Click here to Send spidey-dude a Private Message Find more posts by spidey-dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

anyone picking up any blu rays??

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 04:46 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
other way around the PS3 is the last system you want to use as a blu ray player.

Really? I've been told by a lot of people who know their stuff on such things and have tried lots of different ones, that currently the PS3 blu ray is the best out there at the moment.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 04:53 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 11:07 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Well, it appears that Blu-ray has now have a champion.

Blu-ray copies of the The Dark Knight have been very positive. Will this boost Blu-ray players and maybe help the PS3?

How will 2009 be for the Blu-ray format? Wait and see more...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 10:26 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Well, it appears that Blu-ray has now have a champion.

Blu-ray copies of the The Dark Knight have been very positive. Will this boost Blu-ray players and maybe help the PS3?

How will 2009 be for the Blu-ray format? Wait and see more...

True, but I've read that Blu-Ray may be outdated as early as next year..

I'll try to find the article that I read , but it was saying that a company in China is developing something better than Blu-Ray

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 01:37 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
True, but I've read that Blu-Ray may be outdated as early as next year..

I'll try to find the article that I read , but it was saying that a company in China is developing something better than Blu-Ray

Bloody hell...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 04:44 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

<--------- Ah non blu ray people smile

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 06:13 PM
Impediment
Endless

All I have to say is F*CK BLU-Ray!!!!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 08:46 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's made you come out with that all of a sudden lol?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 09:07 PM
Impediment
Endless

Heh. stick out tongue

I went to my local video store to, possibly, buy some Blu-ray movies since I finally just now acquired a 50 inch plasma screen.

Dude...............$34.99 for the Dark Knight? $19.99 for Jurassic Park?!? F*cking $17.99 for Poltergeist?!?!?!?

It's a scam, I tell you.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 10:13 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

$34! that means here it would be about £21!! TOO MUCH. Here on blu ray it's £12...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 10:44 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment
Heh. stick out tongue

I went to my local video store to, possibly, buy some Blu-ray movies since I finally just now acquired a 50 inch plasma screen.

Dude...............$34.99 for the Dark Knight? $19.99 for Jurassic Park?!? F*cking $17.99 for Poltergeist?!?!?!?

It's a scam, I tell you.

those are about the right blu-ray prices.. try to catch sales if u can

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 04:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote