KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Sunshine - Danny Boyle

Sunshine - Danny Boyle
Started by: questura

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Solo

The editing needs some serious work, it made a lot of the plot very confusing. Other than that, I have no problems with it, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Very good.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 07:14 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Everyone keeps going on about the visuals but to be honest, as spectacular as they were, half the time I didn't know what the hell I was looking at. I didn't find the plot confusing, but the editing was very disorientating at times.

I thought it worked best during the sequences inside Icarus I & II. The acting was of a far, far better standard than I expected, especially for a sci-fi movie. Some very intense, claustrophobic scenes and decent, believable dialogue. I went to Sunshine expecting a slightly more high-brow Armegeddon/Deep Impact type affair, but it's nothing like those at all. I liked it.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 10:23 AM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
questura

you guys really found it confusing?

i must say i didn't have any problems following it at all

confused

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 03:24 PM
questura is currently offline Click here to Send questura a Private Message Find more posts by questura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I enjoyed it a lot.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 04:48 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
questura

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 04:59 PM
questura is currently offline Click here to Send questura a Private Message Find more posts by questura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

I thought is was good. It was beautiful and intense, but I didn't like the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: stupid melted man thing, it just seemed so out of place. It was also so bleak that I probably won't watch it again.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 12:31 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
questura

hmm

any more reviews?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 11:44 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's really not much good. Some nice ideas but far less than the sum of its parts, and ultimately absolutely unsatisfying.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 08:03 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intelegent purp

I lIkEd ThE eNd.
it takes eight minutes for the light from the sun to get to earth.
FOR SEVEN YEARS I TALKED WITH GOD, mint lines, cool idea but it was done really badly, hello plot, back story, anyone

Old Post May 17th, 2007 11:20 PM
intelegent purp is currently offline Click here to Send intelegent purp a Private Message Find more posts by intelegent purp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rafkins_Warning
A Crazy Person

I just saw the film yesterday, which is early here in Louisville cuz the movie didn't officially come out till today, Friday... so I got to see a special viewing of it and it was utterly AMAZNG!

I rate it as just as good as 28 Days Later or better even!

The whole thing was just great, Danny Boyle knows how to direct a film and freak us out the whole time we are watching it... me and my friend were clinging to each other the entire time, it was that scary/suspenseful!

I recommend that anyone who wants to be freaked out go see this film, its just that great! yes

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 05:22 AM
Rafkins_Warning is currently offline Click here to Send Rafkins_Warning a Private Message Find more posts by Rafkins_Warning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I kind of liked this when I saw it long ago at the theater. The [SPOILER - highlight to read]: slasher-type-film ending kind of bothered some people, but I thought it worked. This is one I've actually been meaning to watch again to see how it repeats.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
It was also so bleak that I probably won't watch it again.

I can see that. That's part of why I'm curious to see it again, to see if it's still just as bleak on a second viewing.. heh.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandeep4webdev

Storyline
50 years into the future, the Sun begins to die, and Earth is dying as a result. A team of astronauts are sent to revive the Sun - but the mission fails. Seven years later, a new team are sent to finish the mission as they are Earth's last hope.

Attachment: sunshine.jpg
This has been downloaded 40 time(s).

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 07:04 AM
sandeep4webdev is currently offline Click here to Send sandeep4webdev a Private Message Find more posts by sandeep4webdev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harry1233

i agree with you

Old Post May 12th, 2012 02:48 AM
harry1233 is currently offline Click here to Send harry1233 a Private Message Find more posts by harry1233 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SmileyPredator
Restricted

Account Restricted

I loved the soundtrack, enjoyed the film
I ignored the "science"

Old Post May 14th, 2012 08:56 AM
SmileyPredator is currently offline Click here to Send SmileyPredator a Private Message Find more posts by SmileyPredator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote