KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Eye Beams Vs Hand Beams

Beam me up
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Eye-beams 45 60.81%
Hand-beams 29 39.19%
Total: 74 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eye Beams Vs Hand Beams
Started by: Scoobless

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

If you're fighting the government you're going to get shot in the head from half a mile way no matter what.

Also if you do that ballerina headspin thing with eyebeams if you need a spinny move.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 08:53 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

Eyebeams all the way.

I don't get the pro-handbeamers saying that it'd be super hard to hit fast targets or multiple targets with eyebeams. If anything it'd be much MUCH easier to hit a fast moving target with eyebeams. As long as they aren't invisible I don't see how it'd be a problem. Also, I'm not sure about everybody else, but I just looked around my room about 30 different things in a second and I didn't get dizzy or fall over unconscious.

....but maybe I'm just cool like that.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 09:51 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icu311

I'd go with the eyebeams for the super-wide beam (you said superman style beams so I assume thats allowed) and the faster draw.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 02:59 AM
icu311 is currently offline Click here to Send icu311 a Private Message Find more posts by icu311 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Eyebeams all the way.

I don't get the pro-handbeamers saying that it'd be super hard to hit fast targets or multiple targets with eyebeams. If anything it'd be much MUCH easier to hit a fast moving target with eyebeams. As long as they aren't invisible I don't see how it'd be a problem. Also, I'm not sure about everybody else, but I just looked around my room about 30 different things in a second and I didn't get dizzy or fall over unconscious.

....but maybe I'm just cool like that.

Well you didn't fire any beams, now did you?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 25th, 2008 11:00 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
It really doesn't. You can just learn how to bounce your eyebeams a million different directions so you hit them all in one shot or fill the room with beams. Or just not get dizzy. You can also learn to dodge bullets and super fast opponents.

Really, does anyone in the comics get dizzy from looking around fast?

I submit that it is easier to get your arms disabled, one way or another, thus disabling your abilities. And that the advantage of being able to point your beams in two different directions comes with the downside that the further away the targets are from each other the worse your visual becomes until you're firing one or both directions completely blind.

And that aiming with your head is undoubtedly a faster and/or more accurate, per limb, than using your arm due to beam firing closer to its main pivot point. That kind of depends on where the hand beam comes out though.

I think you're right there but I thing handbeams still have an advantage of shooting at more than one target and more directions.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 11:02 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

um eye beam you have to move your head to wherever your firing at.

handbeams having two beams aswell not having the option to not have to look all the time while firing wins it for me.

Something going for eyebeams is that it frees up the hands for multitasking though...

and it looks much cooler...

It'll be even cooler if you could wear cyclops visors, so when you get really pissed and want to show-off, you can rip them off and go mental.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 11:26 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Placidity

It'll be even cooler if you could wear cyclops visors, so when you get really pissed and want to show-off, you can rip them off and go mental.
laughing out loud

Old Post May 25th, 2008 12:24 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Hmm honestly for me I would easily pick Hand beams yet I can see tons of pros for the eye beams, for me It's just a personal preference I would rather have Hand beams that were like uber powerful like..accuracy would be useful but usually I think if I would want a beam it would be when I was angry and when I'm angry I would want just to totally annihilate something and it's just too tempting nuking and leveling everything around me with blast after blast mixing it up with long beams and little rapid fire beam blasts and just charging up and unleashing more blasts after blast or like charge it in your hand then throw it like a fastball or something and then I also assume you could channel it through your fingers too? Which would open up more intense possibility's. Haha like point your hand like a gun and then just unleash shot after shot XD

As I've said before I can clearly see why eye beams are the popular choice but for me out of personal preference I would have to go with hand beams ^_^

Old Post May 25th, 2008 12:28 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

Originally posted by llagrok
Well you didn't fire any beams, now did you?

I dare you to prove that I didn't.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 02:55 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

People say eyebeams they're not good for hitting multiple targets? Really?

Position ten objects in your line of sight. Now stick your hands out to fire at each object.... hang on!? You've already looked at each and every object ages before you could even move your hands! Because they're in your line of sight and your eyeballs are moving and focusing much much faster than your hands ever could.

Now - what a lot of people also have been saying is that you can fire your handbeams in two directions at once. The only way you could actually HIT anything by doing that, is if you had already seen the target to know it's there... hang on?! See a pattern here...?

And as for the 360 spin wide-angle beam thing.... that's just as doable with eye or hand beams.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post May 25th, 2008 07:23 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
People say eyebeams they're not good for hitting multiple targets? Really?

Position ten objects in your line of sight. Now stick your hands out to fire at each object.... hang on!? You've already looked at each and every object ages before you could even move your hands! Because they're in your line of sight and your eyeballs are moving and focusing much much faster than your hands ever could.

Now - what a lot of people also have been saying is that you can fire your handbeams in two directions at once. The only way you could actually HIT anything by doing that, is if you had already seen the target to know it's there... hang on?! See a pattern here...?

And as for the 360 spin wide-angle beam thing.... that's just as doable with eye or hand beams.
thumb up Summed up very nicely.

...however (just to play devil's advocate): no matter how quickly your eyes may lock on target before your hands do, you simply can't hit two moving targets (eg, bad guys) simultaneously with eyebeams, while u can with your hands (unless you're, say, Chameleon Man).

I bet you could get pretty good aiming handbeams with peripheral vision. This type of multiple targeting is handbeams' only real advantage. EBs still ftw.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 08:24 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can put both hands together for an even more super awesome beam?

Final Flash style

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 25th, 2008 08:27 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Mindship

...however (just to play devil's advocate): no matter how quickly your eyes may lock on target before your hands do, you simply can't hit two moving targets (eg, bad guys) simultaneously with eyebeams, while u can with your hands (unless you're, say, Chameleon Man).

I bet you could get pretty good aiming handbeams with peripheral vision. This type of multiple targeting is handbeams' only real advantage. EBs still ftw.
no matter what, light/radiation travels at light speed, and if you are already looking at someone that means ambient light is already bouncing off of them and into your eyes.
eye beams will be as instantaneous as that, if you will it.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 09:01 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Mindship

I wouldn't bet on many people hitting two people simultaneously if they had 4 hands in which to hand beam.

Unless you're just shooting a constant stream of energy in big arcs, but with that kind of recklessness you risk hitting unwanted targets, killing yourself via structural damage, and getting yourself shot in the head from half a mile away even sooner because you're a crazy four armed monster destroying everything with hand beams.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 09:04 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

Originally posted by fangirl101
Eye beams. Tyrant used them and they were uber. Galactus uses them and makes herals. Darksied uses them to erase people.

All the reasons I would pick eye beams. The way Tyrant's eyes looked (glowing with smoke comming out) is intimidating and very cool.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 11:54 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

I generally dislike Cyclops. However I love Mimic from the Exiles (or did)

He's the dude that sold eyebeams for me. And here's how:

(please log in to view the image)

....there ya go.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 01:11 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Bumpity bump bump embarrasment

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 07:46 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Bumpity bump bump embarrasment

smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 06:48 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Handblasts for me.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 06:50 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Hm.

Hand beams allow you to hit 2 targets, allows you to cover your face/eyes with protection.

Eyebeams also allow opponents to focus their attacks on your most vulnerable spot (eyes) in order to neutralize you...

Eyebeams are cooler looking, more accurate and harder to dodge tho...

Hand beams for me, I guess. I hate having no protection to my face/eyes in a fight

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 06:57 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote