KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect The Kingpin

Respect The Kingpin
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Could you take a photo?
I'll try. But I don't guarantee good quality because of the flash.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 09:40 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by snoopdogg
If I had a scanner that worked I'd scan his new handbook bio. It says he has peak human strength. It also says that the reason he was able to hang with Spiderman was because Spidey always held back when taking on non superpowred beings for fear of taking a human life and the fact that Kingpin used his skills and agility also.

Which would be a retcon. Peak humans can't break steel bars, or do any number of things that classic KP did. Like I said, two different versions of him. Cureent and Classic. Acting like they are both the same is just Marvel sweeping the changes under the rug. Current is peak human. Classic was superhuman.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 09:43 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Also, saying that classic KP was peak human strength originally but used his agility to match Spidey is retarded. Spidey's agility was his main asset, and we're meant to believe that he was physically overpowered because KP was quicker than him? That's the worst justification for a power-down I've ever heard. He was faster than someone with precognition, but not stronger even though he was clearly shown to be stronger than multiple peak humans and some superhumans. What a joke.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 09:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 09:56 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thank you!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 10:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SoulDevourer
M0DERAT0R

Originally posted by Digi
Which would be a retcon. Peak humans can't break steel bars, or do any number of things that classic KP did
EXACLY! besides even if a human did have this kinda strenght their bones would break first (unless classic KP has bones made of different substance but was still suppose to be only human? lol)

btw Captain America is also suppose to have peak human strength and yet classic KP beats the shit outa him. which means classic KP had to be a mutant & superstrenght was one of his powers

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 10:48 PM
SoulDevourer is currently offline Click here to Send SoulDevourer a Private Message Find more posts by SoulDevourer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by SoulDevourer
EXACLY! besides even if a human did have this kinda strenght their bones would break first (unless classic KP has bones made of different substance but was still suppose to be only human? lol)

btw Captain America is also suppose to have peak human strength and yet classic KP beats the shit outa him. which means classic KP had to be a mutant & superstrenght was one of his powers

Man, these are COMICS.

Captain America had dozens of feats of superhuman strength, yet it was officially stated that he couldn't lift more than 800 pounds (Marvel peak human's max limit).

Pre-Turbo Sabretooth officially could lift no more than 900 pounds (slight superhuman strength). And you know what? He KO'd Rogue with Miss Marvel's powers with a few blows.

Jigsaw w/o exoskeleton effortlessly broke Spider-Man's arm like a toothpick.

Black Panther pushed a huge boulder off the cliff.

Daredevil held his entire body weight with just two fingers.

Kingpin's not the only human in comics who has insane feats.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 11:40 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, out-strengthing Cap doesn't mean he's a mutant or some such. It means he was stronger than Cap during his "classic" era. It doesn't really need a further explanation than that.

Also, lulz at the bio. So a literal grapple where he was overpowering Spider-Man was due to his skill and "unusual quickness." Like I said, awful excuse for a retcon. They should just leave it be, because they dig themselves a hole with explanations like that which don't hold up to any kind of scrutinty.

Last edited by Digi on Jan 17th, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 12:32 AM
chilled monkey

Originally posted by SoulDevourer

And that is exactly why personally I've never liked classic KP. At least Cap has the SSS to offer some justification as to how he can pull off the crazy stuff he does. What's clasic KP's justification?

"My body is mostly muscle."

Still, very good thread.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 02:36 AM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OgreMan

Anyone have the scans where he's in prison and he kills those 4 guys in the shower?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 09:04 PM
OgreMan is currently offline Click here to Send OgreMan a Private Message Find more posts by OgreMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Digi
With KP it's about eras. Technically, all of his feats are in continuity, but he's currently written FAR below the power levels that he used to have. There's no clear distinction between current KP and "classic" KP, but it happened some time in the late 80's or early 90's, when writers stopped writing him as a brawler and made him more of a schemer.
Has anybody beaten his @ss since then?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 10:16 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Will Power

Kingpin resist Purple Man attempt to control him

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 02:03 AM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Spider Woman V1 46

Strength

Spider Woman surprised by The Kingpins physical strength as moves a beam that must weigh a ton just as easy as she does.

He leaves quite an impression on her.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 02:19 AM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Training

---------------------------------------------------------------

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 03:53 AM
SuperiorTech

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 08:43 PM
godking

Originally posted by noumenon
Anyone have a guess as to how much KingPin's empire was worth financially at it's best? I'd probably say low billions or high millions.
high billions.

Peak kingpin had a stake in every criminal enterprise in the world and controlled several goverments including that of the US from the shadows.

Peak Kingpin was the most influential non superpowered human in the world.

Last edited by godking on Jan 25th, 2011 at 05:50 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 05:42 PM
godking is currently offline Click here to Send godking a Private Message Find more posts by godking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

he was worth billions at standard level. he made a % of every single dollar made in crime on the east cost, not to mention the money he made in his many legal ventures. he also had senators, judges, generals, etc in the palm of his hand

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 07:01 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Digi,

Any chance you can restore the Classic fight you said Wilson would "roll" in? Pretty sure that's the fight from the storyline "Mission: Crush the Kingpin!" which I read years ago. A great showing of Kingpin's physical strength and ability to dominate even Spider-man, as you said, but all your links are now x-ed out vacancies.

If you can restore that to working order, great, if not, I understand.

Thank you for your time.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 12:44 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by I-Drop
Has anybody beaten his @ss since then?

Spider-Man and Daredevil both nearly beat him to death, Echo shot him in the head, blinding him until he had brain surgery, his own lieutenants, lead by Sammy Silke and Richard Fisk stabbed him into a coma, Bullseye shot him point black in the knee with a shotgun, Lady Bullseye gave him a severe beating and cut and impaled him several times with a katana.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2012 08:16 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drawingblood88

Wow. For the love of god, could you pretty please post some scans of DD almost beating him to death?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2012 07:58 PM
Drawingblood88 is currently offline Click here to Send Drawingblood88 a Private Message Find more posts by Drawingblood88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote