KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » You know your a comic book geek when.......

You know your a comic book geek when.......
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Priest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
What, that I knew what that meant?

Geeks only use obscure abbreviations stick out tongue
cool abbreviation tho

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 03:04 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

You know your a comic book geek when in a room full of non comic readers your the only one that can tell the difference between Iceman and SS.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 03:05 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Originally posted by Scoobless
Check

embarrasment

laughing out loud ...its so freaking hard!
all i hear from them is superman is strong, he'll knock SS out.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 03:06 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Originally posted by Big Sexy
You know your a comic book geek when in a room full non comic readers your the only one that can tell the difference between Iceman and SS.
laughing

01-Eminem
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are geeky when you talks about own experience of geekiness on a forumsmile

01-Eminem is currently offline Click here to Send 01-Eminem a Private Message Find more posts by 01-Eminem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

You know your a comic book geek when....... every time you see a falling star you secretly hope it's a dying alien who's going to give you a power ring.

no expression

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 03:43 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
When your friend's dad calls you because he saw something about Captain America on CNN and wants to know what it's all about.

Awww... I wish people would call me about comic book information.

You know your a comic book geek when....... every time you see a falling star you secretly hope it's a dying alien who's going to give you a power ring.

no expression

I think we all know who's not getting the power ring, Mr. I-hope-someone-dies-so-I-can-gain-from-it. The ring is mine. *Hopes the shooting star is a dying alien with a power ring*

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 03:58 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I want a dead aliens power ring.
sad

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 07:26 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

You know you're a comic book geek when.... You notice the original poster of this thread spelt you're wrong sad

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 07:27 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Big Sexy
You know your a comic book geek when in a room full of non comic readers your the only one that can tell the difference between Iceman and SS.

laughing laughing laughing

no expression

laughing laughing laughing

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 07:31 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

You know you're a comic book geek when you actually take the time to think of the real world implications of comic book powers.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 07:33 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

Originally posted by Newjak
You know you're a comic book geek when you actually take the time to think of the real world implications of comic book powers.

embarrasment Really?

Damn...

stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 07:56 PM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Hercules
embarrasment Really?

Damn...

stick out tongue

I second that.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 07:57 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Newjak

I actually designed a character to take advatange of the real world effects of his powers.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 08:07 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I actually designed a character to take advatange of the real world effects of his powers.
Such as?
That's kind of ambiguous.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 08:09 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Juntai
Such as?
That's kind of ambiguous.

Basicly the idea was to take advatage of how thw world should react to superhuman powers in order to make the guy more dangerous.

For example when the Flash and most other speedsters move at high speeds they have some mutation or force that prevents them from wrecking everything around them. If you remove that completely and merely make a character that won't die from moving a high Mach speeds you end up with a person who can cripple an army just by walking by. Comic books also tend to ignore what a thunderclap should do to a person especially if you wave your hand past thier ear at Mach5.

Obviously the Flash and other speedsters are capable of these feats but in this case to focus is on how useful the collatoral effects are and not the speed power itself.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 08:33 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

You know when you're a comic book geek when....

...you buy different action figures from DC Direct. Then you get a video camera and start making your own Justice League Movie. Then load the video to Youtube.com.

(Coming soon sometime in 2008 by WD Productions)

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 09:13 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Story 1:
My mom was shocked when she heard about Cap in the news...

...then more shocked when I already knew about it, AND what the next issue is about (the autopsy). I was like, "Mom. It's me. If you know something about comics, I knew it last week."

Story 2:
I only have 1 friend that will watch any Justice League episode with me. He likes hearing about power levels, continuity, and other random sh*t. Everyone else just gets annoyed...

Also, good thread.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 09:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: You know your a comic book geek when.......

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
(finish the sentence game)

You know your a comic book geek when.....

When the general public see's Action comics #1 and the 1940's as the early adventures of Superman, but YOU refer to it as the adventures of Superman from Earth-2

(Someone else go)

I admit. I am one. Maybe the oldest smile

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 11:38 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

You know you a comic book geek when u contemplate which is better between hand beams and eye beams

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 02:00 PM