KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Respecting hot ships and uh, not so hot ships

Respecting hot ships and uh, not so hot ships
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
katelovespirate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
So let's go back and talk about some happy times. Was I the only one that didn't see a relationship between Jack and Liz coming? I didn't even think about it and then all of a sudden, "Jack Sparrow doesn't know what he wants, or maybe he do but loathe to claim it for his own." The little weird triggers in my mind shouted, "Wouldn't it be dramatic and hot if he wanted Liz?" But I discounted it. I figured the almost-kiss during "curiosity" was all we were going to get. And then that kiss. Wow. I sat quietly but inside I was doing backflips.

no I'm totally with you!!!! i never saw it coming------ not in the farthest reaches of my imagination--- because i just figured it was WAYYY to much of a temptation and romance novel to try and go there---- and when they did, i was shocked to my core, and pleased/thrilled in a way i've never been in a movie. the curiosity scene was literally throwing me upside and down... i was so excited to just have that, and then the kiss... i know i've said this before and i'll say it again, but NOTHING, NOTHING will ever top that moment.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 12:52 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
So let's go back and talk about some happy times. Was I the only one that didn't see a relationship between Jack and Liz coming? I didn't even think about it and then all of a sudden, "Jack Sparrow doesn't know what he wants, or maybe he do but loathe to claim it for his own." The little weird triggers in my mind shouted, "Wouldn't it be dramatic and hot if he wanted Liz?" But I discounted it. I figured the almost-kiss during "curiosity" was all we were going to get. And then that kiss. Wow. I sat quietly but inside I was doing backflips.

Well...to be honest...I didn't see a relationship coming...but I wanted there to be one...ever since the first time I saw the dang movie...when she and Jack meet in the rescue scene....I just knew they were going to get together...but alas, it was not to be....I think the deleted scenes were left out cuz they didn't want to confuse the audience..because when they edited POTC for it's final cut..they had no idea then that they were going to do sequels...had they known....they'd probably include the deleted scenes...who knows....after the trilogy is all over and done with...maybe they'll release the trilogy in a box set...like they did for Star Wars...and they will re-edit the original movie to include those beautiful deleted scenes...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 12:52 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

hehehehe... maybe they'll film 2 endings and make a special sparrabeth boxed set with a sparrabeth ending, just to bring in more moolah. that would be pretty great. wink

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 12:55 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

you know Kate...I thought about that...and even said that way back when....I think it could be a possibility....there are several movies out there with "alternate" endings.....

Yeah...they could title that Trilogy Box Set: Pirates of the Caribbean...Sparrabeth Style....

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:04 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Alternate endings, like Clue. That would be awesome. The screen just goes blank and we see "that's what COULD have happened, but how about this?"

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:07 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

HAHAHA... they could even make a barbossa-beth ending!!! oh man... i wish they would... like every time you go to the theatre you get a different ending... lol

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:09 PM
lovethemtigers

LOL...yeah...remember a few days back we were joking about how...because they are being so secretive about this silly movie..that when we go to see it at the theatre...they won't even show us the ending so we don't go run and tell everyone else...HA HA>>>

the day after May 25:

Me: So, Kate, how did the movie end, did Liz choose Will or Jack?
Kate: I don't know...they never showed the ending...it just stopped and said..due to speculations and spoilers..you will not be allowed to see the ending...come back in about 2 months...
Me: Really, so here it is May 26 and the trilogy is still unresolved?
Kate: it would appear so....but there is a rumor that we will get alternate endings...The first ending has Will and Lizzie get married, the second ending has jack and Elizabeth sailing off on the Black Pearl into the Horizon, the third ending has Barbossa and Tia getting married and we find out Jack the Monkey is their lovechild....

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:16 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

It's Gibbs and Liz all the way.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:16 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

and a forth ending....Gibbs has a twosome with the Strumpets while jack goes in search for the fountain of youth so he will no longer be too old for Elizabeth.....

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:18 PM
lovethemtigers

gosh,, since Elizabeth is the hottest woman in all of the caribbean and every man is dying to be with her...we could have multiple endings:

1) Liz and Will
2) Liz and Jack
3) Liz and Norrington
4) Liz and Barbossa
5) Liz and Gibbs
6) Liz and Pintel
6) Liz and Beckett
7) Liz and Soa Feng
8) Liz and Davy Jones
9) Liz and Mr. Cotton
10) Liz and the Parrot
11) Liz and Jack the Monkey
12) Liz and Murtogg
13) Liz and Mulroy
14) Liz and Ragetti
15) Liz and Tia
ooopss.....liz and tia...now that's just grosse....

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:20 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Sheesh, he may think he's too old for her, but he's not, especially back then. She was engaged to Norrington and I have a feeling James and Jack are close to the same age. Most couples had the guy about 10 to 15 years older. It's actually her relationship with Will, being the same age, that was considered a little unusual back then. Not unheard of, just not common.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:21 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

That's why they need another girl.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:23 PM
lovethemtigers

oh willo..I agree 100%..I've never really though Jack was too old for Elizabeth...that was very common in those days...yeah, to me Jack and Norrie seem about the same age.....even though Johnny is 43..I don't think Jack is.....

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:24 PM
Sifzensinril
Meself

Me too. I've never thought that Jack is too old for Lizzie. I always thought that Will is too young for her

A sparrabeth fanlisting love

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:36 PM
Sifzensinril is currently offline Click here to Send Sifzensinril a Private Message Find more posts by Sifzensinril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

You mean in maturity? Because Will and Elizabeth are the same age.

Huge Thanks to SailorLeo for the banner
Speed Racer is awesome!!! Go Rays!!!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:55 PM
Ericadawn is currently offline Click here to Send Ericadawn a Private Message Find more posts by Ericadawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

well it was more common for an older man to marry a younger girl. girls needed to get married between the ages of 15-20, because life expectancy was shorter and they had to have someone to provide for them. they were expected to start having children as soon as possible after they proved physically able. the fact that Elizabeth is 18 or 19 in film 1 and not married shows that she is in control of her father, because its surprising she hasn't been married off, so to speak, earlier.

Men, on the other hand, got married older, because as we see with the Commodore, they have to get a place where they are economically able to provide for a wife and family. That usually didn't happen until they had established their place in the world, generally in mid 30s and later.

which is something i dont understand about w/l relationship--- are they planning on moving in to the governor's mansion and living off governor swann? because WIll's hovel and income is not enough to provide for Liz or a family.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 01:59 PM
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

No, which is another reason why Weatherby wasn't supportive...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 02:00 PM
Ericadawn is currently offline Click here to Send Ericadawn a Private Message Find more posts by Ericadawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

yeah...sorry one more reason why I just don't understand the Will and Elizabeth relationship....

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 02:05 PM
katelovespirate

lol... where's surreal to debate that point? i've never heard a good argument for that.

because consider, Will's pretty independent, but he just doesnt have the money to afford any kind of lifestyle with a wife (or kids)... so was he honestly going to take charity from his father in law? lol. i cant imagine him doing that.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 02:09 PM
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

No, which Elizabeth really doesn't understand...she's naive to the workings of the "real world" but she loves Will anyway so figures that love is enough which is an old romantic notion.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 02:42 PM