KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread

Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread
Started by: Tiberius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Except for the part where young Kirk says, "My name is James Siberius Kirk." erm

thats prolly a funny line somewhere during the film..

i will know in a few days

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 5th, 2009 03:30 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
He says "Siberius"?!! Hahaha

Sadly. Quite retarded, imo. A casual Star Trek viewer (TOS) would defnitely know that it is James effin T Kirk.

Old Post May 5th, 2009 05:07 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silke
ME.

That's what he says .. James Tiberius Kirk. I've never once heard him say 'Siberius' *shakes head* Now .. after you said that and I re-watched the trailer on youtube .. I guess, if you cant your head sideways, half plug your ears, disregard the fact that the kid's supposed to just have had the spit scared out of it and have only just the crappy sound coming from your computer's speakers, you COULD mistake it for Siberius, but I'm pretty sure in the movie theater, it'll be fully clear.

36 more hours .. WOOT! big grin

Bobby (speaking of Scott):
"Once, I saw him relax. He made me promise I wouldn't tell."

Old Post May 5th, 2009 07:31 AM
Silke is currently offline Click here to Send Silke a Private Message Find more posts by Silke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wiseflickguy

Coming out in a few days! But buzz has been dropping all last week...

Old Post May 5th, 2009 07:37 PM
wiseflickguy is currently offline Click here to Send wiseflickguy a Private Message Find more posts by wiseflickguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

What?! Are you joking? Because I can't imagine they'd mess up something like that and keep it in the film.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post May 5th, 2009 10:37 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Silke
That's what he says .. James Tiberius Kirk. I've never once heard him say 'Siberius' *shakes head* Now .. after you said that and I re-watched the trailer on youtube .. I guess, if you cant your head sideways, half plug your ears, disregard the fact that the kid's supposed to just have had the spit scared out of it and have only just the crappy sound coming from your computer's speakers, you COULD mistake it for Siberius, but I'm pretty sure in the movie theater, it'll be fully clear.

36 more hours .. WOOT! big grin

I have no idea what kind of shit you've been listening to, but he most certainly says "siberius". MSNBC had an entire article written up about it. You can deny it all you like...he said Siberius.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30521500/

There's a link to the trailer on that site as well...for all to "see" and listen to young Kirk say "James Siberius Kirk." erm I had to listen to it myself a second time because I couldn't believe what I heard.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 03:09 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silke
ME.

MSNBC .. best-EVAH source out there roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyhoo .. less than 12 hours from now, I'll know *shrugs* So how about you go a little lighter on tossing out words like 'shit' and just wait till you see it for real. Just a suggestion. No need to get all riled up over what might just amount to nothing at all.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 06:45 AM
Silke is currently offline Click here to Send Silke a Private Message Find more posts by Silke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

MSNBC .. best-EVAH source out there roll eyes (sarcastic)

Right, because MSNBC is pursuing a political agenda through complaining about an inaccuracy in the new Star Trek Movie. no expression

You do know that a google search will turn up many more hits on this, don't you?

Anyhoo .. less than 12 hours from now, I'll know *shrugs* So how about you go a little lighter on tossing out words like 'shit' and just wait till you see it for real. Just a suggestion. No need to get all riled up over what might just amount to nothing at all.

I plan to see it, this Friday, with Kento. no expression

And I think this movie will be awesome. no expression Just stupid mistakes like that are...stupid. no expression VERY quick editing could have fixed that problem. But they didn't...

And when did I ever say the movie was shit? no expression

Oh, and...

no expression

Old Post May 6th, 2009 02:30 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Right, because MSNBC is pursuing a political agenda through complaining about an inaccuracy in the new Star Trek Movie. no expression

You do know that a google search will turn up many more hits on this, don't you?

I plan to see it, this Friday, with Kento. no expression

And I think this movie will be awesome. no expression Just stupid mistakes like that are...stupid. no expression VERY quick editing could have fixed that problem. But they didn't...

And when did I ever say the movie was shit? no expression

Oh, and...

no expression

Nooooooooooooo don't tell me he really said siberius. Now I will not enjoy the first 12 times I see the movie. sad

Old Post May 6th, 2009 06:27 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

What is the name of the new Star Trek movie?

Old Post May 6th, 2009 06:34 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What is the name of the new Star Trek movie?

Star Trek

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 6th, 2009 06:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Robtard
Star Trek

That's all? eek! No sub-name?

Old Post May 6th, 2009 06:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I have no idea what kind of shit you've been listening to, but he most certainly says "siberius". MSNBC had an entire article written up about it. You can deny it all you like...he said Siberius.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30521500/

There's a link to the trailer on that site as well...for all to "see" and listen to young Kirk say "James Siberius Kirk." erm I had to listen to it myself a second time because I couldn't believe what I heard.

So the actor has a lips.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 06:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
That's all? eek! No sub-name?

Yes. No.

Star Trek, plain, simple and perfect for a reboot.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 06:37 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Robtard
Yes. No.

Star Trek, plain, simple and perfect for a reboot.

Interesting and ballsy. I hope that is a good sign.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 06:40 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Wonder if there will be Klingons in this. If so, they going to stick with the more human looking ones from the TV series, or just go with the large bony head type we're all more accustomed to?

Even though they explained why the TV Klingons looked the way they do rather ingeniously in Star Trek: Enterprise. They were my favorite episodes of the series. Borderland, Cold Station 12, The Augments. Then later on with Affliction, which specifically explains why the Klingons in the Shatner series looked more human.

Even if you hated Enterprise, I highly recommend you watch these if your a Trek fan.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 06:56 PM
Silke
ME.

Saw it, SAW IT! 'nuff said for now.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 09:43 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Saw it, SAW IT! 'nuff said for now.

How did you see it? Please give us a rating from 0 to 10. big grin With 10 being the greatest.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 10:01 PM
Silke
ME.

'cause it was premiered today at 8pm in Germany smile

My rating? And NOT spoiling anything:
It is .. different, and they don't try to mask it but embrace the difference - at the same time, the characters ring true, there are a LOT of nods to fans of the shows, movies and books alike (in fact, if someone were to ask me to list all the nods to fans they made, I couldn't even list them all .. there are SO many), it's exciting, atmospherically dense, has few (no blatant) plotholes and feels like a great stab at something new and exciting.
10/10 from me.

And no, he does NOT say James Siberius Kirk. He might slur the s from James a bit over but it is clear from the very beginning that the name is, and will be, James Tiberius Kirk in the whole movie :P

Old Post May 6th, 2009 10:36 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

'cause it was premiered today at 8pm in Germany smile

My rating? And NOT spoiling anything:
It is .. different, and they don't try to mask it but embrace the difference - at the same time, the characters ring true, there are a LOT of nods to fans of the shows, movies and books alike (in fact, if someone were to ask me to list all the nods to fans they made, I couldn't even list them all .. there are SO many), it's exciting, atmospherically dense, has few (no blatant) plotholes and feels like a great stab at something new and exciting.
10/10 from me.

And no, he does NOT say James Siberius Kirk. He might slur the s from James a bit over but it is clear from the very beginning that the name is, and will be, James Tiberius Kirk in the whole movie :P

10 out of 10 Wow!

Thanks big grin

Old Post May 6th, 2009 10:48 PM