KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Official Transformers G1 Thread

Official Transformers G1 Thread
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

Armada did good on keeping the old-school roots alive, however G1 has always proved to be a much better series then anything that has come out thus far. Not just because it was the original series, but it was beyond inventive and followed a simple plot that was easy to follow yet kept one's interest.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 08:56 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Got season 2.1 of G1 during the week

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 10:01 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I don't remember how the series ended, does anyone?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Got season 2.1 of G1 during the week

How is it?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 12:49 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by grey fox
How do rubies/diamonds count as an energy source ?

dude it was a kids cartoon okay, rationality goes out the window as soon as the theme song starts

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 03:06 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scythe
I don't remember how the series ended, does anyone?

the final part of the series involved a virus which infected robots and humans alike, turning them crazy and violent. prime uses the matrix to save the day and it ends with him and galvatron shaking hands and seemingly ending their feud. in japan however the series continued for a bit after that.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 03:21 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

gotta correct myself, the last episodes were actually the 'rebirth' miniseries

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 03:46 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Really cool and funny review of the 1986 movie..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k8Ss4voCwzI

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 08:14 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Schecter
the final part of the series involved a virus which infected robots and humans alike, turning them crazy and violent. prime uses the matrix to save the day and it ends with him and galvatron shaking hands and seemingly ending their feud. in japan however the series continued for a bit after that.

I don't remember that. Sounds cool though.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 01:13 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Has anyone notice with prime in G1 when he transforms into his truck form his trailer just appears out of no where and then when he goes back to robot form just magically disappears

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 01:11 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The series ended in Takara with Rodimus Prime going off to find another planet to populate with, I think, Springer (Read into that how you will.), leaving Fortress Maximus as the leader.

In the US series it ended with The Rebirth three parter, but the Japanese Takara series discounts that, and certain things regarding the head/targetmasters also.

And to Kazenji; yes, but if you want to sit there and pick at continuity errors and problems in physics, you'll be here forever. How can Astrotrain hold Devestator if he's a regular sized Decepticon? He just can, they just can. It's Transformers, it's not meant to be analysed to death, just enjoyed as it is.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 01:49 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

How cool was Scourge during his "Black Convoy" days? That was just great.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 04:13 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
How can Astrotrain hold Devestator if he's a regular sized Decepticon? He just can, they just can. It's Transformers, it's not meant to be analysed to death, just enjoyed as it is.

Huh ?!? blink

Sorry i have'nt gotten up to that far with G1

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:43 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Huh ?!? blink

Sorry i have'nt gotten up to that far with G1

You've never seen Transformers: The Movie?

I think this forum is full of people who claim to like Transformers cos the movie is out...

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 01:20 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

That film had such a great plot twist with the death of Optimus and Starscream. Not to mention the great score that accompanied the tragic loss of the Autobot leader Optimus. I still listen to his sad song on my iPod.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 01:10 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I think this forum is full of people who claim to like Transformers cos the movie is out...

No, i have'nt seen the old 1986 movie would'nt mind seeing it tho but i have been watching the old G1 series lately wink

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:45 AM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Really cool and funny review of the 1986 movie..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k8Ss4voCwzI

That was an excellent review.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 03:18 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

When would people say Generation 2 started?

I've always thought there was a break in the third year - 1986 - when they did the movie, set 20 years in the future, and all the new characters that came after that (Rodimus, Galvatron, Ultra Magnus, Cyclonus etc.) That always seemed like a generation change to me.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 03:45 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

No, i have'nt seen the old 1986 movie would'nt mind seeing it tho but i have been watching the old G1 series lately wink

That's good.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 05:14 AM
OB1-adobe

My biggest beef with the show (besides the bad scripts and shoddy animation), is that in season 2, a bizillion characters show up with no explanation. Except for the Aerialbots, combaticons, and vehicons of course.

Season 1 we got:

Autobots: Optimus prime, wheel jack, Trail breaker, cliff jumper, prowl, blue streak, brawn, bumble bee, Jet fire, snarl, grimlock, slag, sludge, swoop, Iron hide, ratchet, Jazz, hound, huffer, gears, mirage, sunstreaker, and sideswipe

Decepticons: Megatron, Starcream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Lazerbeak, Soundwave, Shockwave, Reflector 1, reflector 2, reflector 3, Bombshell, Kickback, shrapnel, Longhaul, Mixmaster, scavenger, bonecrusher, hook, scrapper, and Devastator if you want to count that.

Lets see in season 2 all of sudden these characters come along. Some introduced but mostly out of the void:

Autobots: Omega supreme, Perceptor, Tracks, Silverbolt, air raid, slingshot, skydive, fireflight, Smokecreen, blaster, red alert, inferno, grapple, hoist, beach comber, powerglide, cosmos, warpath, seaspray, steeljaw, ramhorn, eject, rewind, and maybe the protectobots

Decepticons: Astrotrain, blitzwing, Ramjet, Dirge, thrust, brawl, blastoff, swindle, vortex, onslaught, dead end, breakdown, motor master, wild rider, dragstrip

In anycase they could have had these charcters, the autobots anyway, appear via transport through omega supreme. Imean they just show up out of now where, What where they hangen out in the breakroom the whole time.

I realize its 30 minute toy commercial, and my comments also display how it was, but come on, that could have made a good story.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:32 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
When would people say Generation 2 started?

I've always thought there was a break in the third year - 1986 - when they did the movie, set 20 years in the future, and all the new characters that came after that (Rodimus, Galvatron, Ultra Magnus, Cyclonus etc.) That always seemed like a generation change to me.

Everything up to, and including, Takara: Headmasters was considered Generation 1.

You're simply referring to different series', in which case, series 3 began after the movie.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 09:49 PM