KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Official Beast Wars Thread

Official Beast Wars Thread
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scythe
Yes, I thought that was kinda cool.
yeah what was really funny though is that he handed the Maximals the behinds. So imagine what Soundwave would have done.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 04:57 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marxman
Resident Communist

Originally posted by Scythe
Damn, I don't remember any of the original Transformers ever being in Beast Wars.
Well, technically, none of them were. These were like the next generation, if I remember correctly, that were like the original ones just so fans of the original series would be able to connect with the characters they connected with before. These "next generation" Transformers went back in time and the Beast Wars began.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 05:26 PM
Marxman is currently offline Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

But pretty much semi based off most autobots and deceptacons

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 05:51 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Originally posted by The Unknown
From what I understand, the Maximals are completely separate beings, with no relation to the Autobots. Same with the Predacons and Decepticons.

(i think) he and i were saying that the characters from Beast Wars are loosely based on some of the characters from the Autobots and Decepticons.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 10:18 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by xNIXSONx
(i think) he and i were saying that the characters from Beast Wars are loosely based on some of the characters from the Autobots and Decepticons.

yup yup yup

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 10:22 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Just rented the entire Beast Wars saga from Netflix, let me check it out.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 03:13 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodoverme

Originally posted by InnerRise
Definitely. I would have much preferred them to be the main focus of this first movie, rather than the Autobots.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

the movie was made for the fans of the original generation (my generation, lol). it wouldn't have been mush of a success if they made one about beast wars. beastwars never had the same "following" as the original cartoon series. and what made the original different from being a kiddie movie was the interaction of the transformers with humans, which you wouldn't see in beastwars. transformers was about robots in disguise, not robots transforming into another robotic form. also what made it so great was the anticipation, 20 yrs worth. wait another ten and maybe they'd make one about the beast wars.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:48 AM
bloodoverme is currently offline Click here to Send bloodoverme a Private Message Find more posts by bloodoverme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bloodoverme
the movie was made for the fans of the original generation (my generation, lol). it wouldn't have been mush of a success if they made one about beast wars. beastwars never had the same "following" as the original cartoon series. and what made the original different from being a kiddie movie was the interaction of the transformers with humans, which you wouldn't see in beastwars. transformers was about robots in disguise, not robots transforming into another robotic form. also what made it so great was the anticipation, 20 yrs worth. wait another ten and maybe they'd make one about the beast wars.
Beast Wars were about Robots transforming into Animals. You can say a robotic form if you'd like and if so then you'd have to say the same about the Autobots. They transformed into vehicles, which would also be called robotic forms b/c they're still robots.

Let's hope they do b/c I know next to nothing of the history of the Autobots and would very much prefer a movie about the Beast Wars Generation. Maybe they could spin it and have them come to earth, although I'd rather they have them on their home planet and then show how they got to that Robotic City (Can't remember the name) and then got their new forms and upgrades and how some lost their memory and became evil and good and the such.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 05:23 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Ah yeah, if they had maximals and predacons in the next TF flick, that would be cool.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 03:30 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote