KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » If you became Editor in Chief of Marvel

If you became Editor in Chief of Marvel
Started by: Blight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blight
Less than Newbie

PR wants to end Bendis. Anyone else?

-_-

Old Post May 6th, 2012 04:03 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Anyone have any new ideas for a new age of comics?

-_-

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:30 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by inimalist
I think he is more immature and childish than straight racist

anyways, if he is, that is beside the point. Hudlin probably does have a unique perspective on the MU that could create interesting stories, but he is too much of a whiney ***** to give him characters that rely on cannon.

There IS a racial side to characters like Cap, Doom, Namor, etc, the entire MU. Using BP to run around the MU beating people up isn't a good way to show this. Look at Red, White & Black.

for instance, its not racist to point out that news agencies catering to white or wealthy people tend to exaggerate the violent stereotypes of minority groups.

I'm not even saying it would be good, it would at least be interesting though, far moreso than these epic events the publishers keep forcefeeding us, imho. Id rather read something that challanges me, even if I dont agree with it, as opposed to something that I feel insults my intelligence and wallet with 2 page spash art and trite, predictable storylines that all seem to end with "and now I unleash all the energy i was holding back" punches.

I hadn't even seen that. Damn.

Originally posted by Blight
Anyone have any new ideas for a new age of comics?

Damage control and eventual improvement on several titles, personally.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Hmmm, first off 2 rectons get undone and 1 major recton gets released...

1. The whole "Captain Hydra" thing gets righted.
2. Peter finds a way to cancel out his deal with Mephisto
3. Scarlet Witch gets another power surge and rewinds the X-Men's clocks to the days of the original Blue and Gold teams

Next up, cosmic event that focuses on the more notable Elders of the Universe and gives them creditability as something other than punching bags. Each have a one shot comic to explore their back history, then a 4-6 part Collective event where they scheme against the heroes of Earth and the Earth has to pull out all the stops to bring them down. The event leads into a couple of new series on the cosmic scene. The first is the formation of a new cosmic team team/series featuring some seriously underused characters like Her, Ganymede, and Jack of Hearts. The second is the reveal of a Half Watcher/Half Human(the son of Aaron the Rogue) that'll focus on fleshing out Marvel's abstracts and the makeup of the multiverse via the new character being educated in the ways of the Watchers. This angle will allow for a much more "on the nose" explanations of things like the cosmic heirarchy then standard story telling because the character being educated knows even less about the Marvel universe at large than the reader and requires in depth knowledge to assume his role in the universe.

Last edited by darthgoober on Feb 26th, 2017 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 09:41 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

I would restart the whole thing. One big Multiverse/Omniverse. With a clear hierarchy. TOAA > LT > Multiversal Abstracts > Univesal Abstracts = Galactus (unique in the main Universe. Alternate realities are other Universes. All comics restart as they did in the classic days, with better artwork. No gore. Good stories about the characters and the burdens or challanges they face because of their powers. No wanking or just action to entertain. Keep it less simple and don't change the cosmic hierarchy for at least 20 years.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 09:46 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I would restart the whole thing.

No gore.

Go fuck yourself.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 09:50 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Go fuck yourself.

big grin

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 09:58 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by tsilamini
I think he is more immature and childish than straight racist

anyways, if he is, that is beside the point. Hudlin probably does have a unique perspective on the MU that could create interesting stories, but he is too much of a whiney ***** to give him characters that rely on cannon.

There IS a racial side to characters like Cap, Doom, Namor, etc, the entire MU. Using BP to run around the MU beating people up isn't a good way to show this. Look at Red, White & Black.

for instance, its not racist to point out that news agencies catering to white or wealthy people tend to exaggerate the violent stereotypes of minority groups.

I'm not even saying it would be good, it would at least be interesting though, far moreso than these epic events the publishers keep forcefeeding us, imho. Id rather read something that challanges me, even if I dont agree with it, as opposed to something that I feel insults my intelligence and wallet with 2 page spash art and trite, predictable storylines that all seem to end with "and now I unleash all the energy i was holding back" punches.

A lot has happened since then and I've changed my view. This was just race baiting.

Oh I'd get rid of the reboot and get rid of all this SJW nonsense and stop attacking Conservatives, I don't mind criticism but this has just got out of control.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 11:25 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Marvel is doing terribly, and I couldn't be more happy. Maybe they get their head out of their ass:

http://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-mo...017-two-in-one/

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 03:25 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

I would do more stuff that's non-canon to boost diversity instead of switching characters around so much. like DC does all these crazy crossovers, I'd do something similar with Marvel where they boosted those characters they wanted to push for 'social' reasons and whatnots. I remember stuff like Her-Oes with the avengers ladies as teens in high school; stuff like that can appeal to those societal storylines without affecting canon. Also I think it's important to add more minority characters organically like Amadeus Cho; he was hi ranked in intelligence in his inception but he wasn't the new reed Richards or anything and after some meandering he became a more prominent figure. More characters like that would bridge the gap easier.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 04:28 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Originally posted by darthgoober
Hmmm, first off 2 rectons get undone and 1 major recton gets released...

1. The whole "Captain Hydra" thing gets righted.
2. Peter finds a way to cancel out his deal with Mephisto
3. Scarlet Witch gets another power surge and rewinds the X-Men's clocks to the days of the original Blue and Gold teams

Next up, cosmic event that focuses on the more notable Elders of the Universe and gives them creditability as something other than punching bags. Each have a one shot comic to explore their back history, then a 4-6 part Collective event where they scheme against the heroes of Earth and the Earth has to pull out all the stops to bring them down. The event leads into a couple of new series on the cosmic scene. The first is the formation of a new cosmic team team/series featuring some seriously underused characters like Her, Ganymede, and Jack of Hearts. The second is the reveal of a Half Watcher/Half Human(the son of Aaron the Rogue) that'll focus on fleshing out Marvel's abstracts and the makeup of the multiverse via the new character being educated in the ways of the Watchers. This angle will allow for a much more "on the nose" explanations of things like the cosmic heirarchy then standard story telling because the character being educated knows even less about the Marvel universe at large than the reader and requires in depth knowledge to assume his role in the universe.
Almost sounds like you want another Annihilation to occur in the wider universe.

Originally posted by Deadline
A lot has happened since then and I've changed my view. This was just race baiting.

Oh I'd get rid of the reboot and get rid of all this SJW nonsense and stop attacking Conservatives, I don't mind criticism but this has just got out of control.
Man is that even more relevant now than ever. I think at this point I'd fire a bunch of people currently writing in Marvel if I became editor-in-chief.

-_-

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 06:48 PM