KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Apocalypse vs. Gladiator

Apocalypse vs. Gladiator
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

Why is Apoc supposedly looking worse in his current incarnation anyway?
I haven't saw it.

It was 90's Apoc that blew balls.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:10 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by llagrok
His recent portrayals aren't that bad, it's just too bad that he's in a weakened state due to having given so much blood.
Granted, but have you seen him do anything worthy of being called a Planetary threat? That would be something for him.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:14 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Acrosurge
Granted, but have you seen him do anything worthy of being called a Planetary threat? That would be something for him.

You can't demand planetary threat feats when his goal is so very different from planetary destruction. I can't recall any situations where planetary destruction or anything on planetary scale has been necessary.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:24 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Originally posted by illadelph12
I think Apocalypse gets sold way to short here on KMC, and I also find it ironic that it's always assumed characters take the direct approach in battle even when that's not their character. What's stopping Apoc from simply teleporting at the onset of battle to another point on the battlefield, and reappearing 50+ feet tall and a class 500+ with his hand morphed into a fusion cannon? Or simply raising his shields? That's a novel idea. Or how about simply becoming intangible, or taking on an amorphous consistency similar to rubber so Gladiator's physical attacks have no harm on him whatsoever? Or absorbing and redirecting any energy attacks Gladiator attacks him with? Or any other logical point of attack or counteratack Apocalypse has displayed in his decades plus of existence? This forum-wide anti-Apocalypse sentiment is laughable at best.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid.

The "Apoc gets a coffee table thrown at him" train has ran it's course. That bandwagon is full and going nowhere. It's not even funny anymore.

You see thats the thing, if Glad's didn't move and react at the speed of light then it would be a much better and closer fight, actually one I would like to see.

But since he (Glad) moves, thinks reacts, etc at light speeds, Apoc is outclassed for that very reason alone.

You see, in the little time it takes for Apoc to generate a neuron to perform actions such as the one's you stated above, He will be halfway to the moon on a crash course with the sun, or hit with an uppercut that sends him into orbit.

All that is possible because Apoc doesn't move, think and react at light speeds. I mean seriously, how do you defend against someone who has moved at 100 times the speed of light, and can traverse hyperspace?

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:46 PM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Sadly, it's well within his capabilities to be able to react and defeat Gladiator. sad But his jobbing means it's unlikely. Btw, the speed of thought is around the speed of light, so he can react fast enough.

As Illadelph said, Apoc gets seriously hated on at this forum. Regrettably, Marvel has made it impossible to argue for him because nobody there knows how to write him.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:50 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apoc at his best form can stalemate the HE. Gladiator cannot. He loses.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:51 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

You can't demand planetary threat feats when his goal is so very different from planetary destruction. I can't recall any situations where planetary destruction or anything on planetary scale has been necessary.
Woah, I wasn't talking specifically about destruction (although if he's going to fight guys like Gladiator and Thor that might not be such a bad thing)! I'm simply talking about plans or actions that Apocalypse has taken that would put an entire planet in jeopardy. These kinds of schemes would put him at odds with other super hero teams such as the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, or even the Thunderbolts. Making the 616 Earth look up and take notice of an Apoc scheme as a credible, planet-wide threat would do wonders for his rep.

Has there been anything like this recently? Does it look like there might be something like this in the future? I'm not trying attack Apocalypse here, its just that I don't read the X-Books regularly and I'm curious about the recent handling of this character against the 616 world stage.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:54 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Acrosurge
Woah, I wasn't talking specifically about destruction (although if he's going to fight guys like Gladiator and Thor that might not be such a bad thing)! I'm simply talking about plans or actions that Apocalypse has taken that would put an entire planet in jeopardy. These kinds of schemes would put him at odds with other super hero teams such as the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, or even the Thunderbolts. Making the 616 Earth look up and take notice of an Apoc scheme as a credible, planet-wide threat would do wonders for his rep.

Has there been anything like this recently? Does it look like there might be something like this in the future? I'm not trying attack Apocalypse here, its just that I don't read the X-Books regularly and I'm curious about the recent handling of this character against the 616 world stage.

Oh, that makes a big difference smile

Just recently he was about to "cull" the human population down to 9/10% of their original numbers. So that the humans and mutants could fight "evenly" unfortunately he told the world leaders that they could kill off 90% (or was it 99?) or he would choose random humans. Which gave the x-men/avengers time to stop him.

When they fought Apocalypse had drained blood from himself and given it to mutants throughout the world after starving them. He had drained enough blood to fill up several tanks, which were destroyed by the x-men. During his weakened form he was able to take attacks from Havok and Iceman relatively easy. Unfortunately Pulse was able to affect and almost cancel out his powers though.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:03 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Btw, the speed of thought is around the speed of light, so he can react fast enough.

Try dodging a bullet at point blank range and then tell me what happened afterward.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:06 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by batdude123
Try dodging a bullet at point blank range and then tell me what happened afterward.

We don't have the ability to react at the speed of thought. Apoc does.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:07 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by batdude123

You first.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:09 AM
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
We don't have the ability to react at the speed of thought. Apoc does.

He still isnt going to comprehend Gladiator.

http://www.painstudy.com/NonDrugRemedies/Pain/p10.htm

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:12 AM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Apolloknight

Don't be an idiot.

(please log in to view the image)

The same amount of catgirls are killed when involving human anatomy as well.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:14 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which has nothign to do with apoc. A MUTANT with control over every atom of his Body. Which would include the speed to which he reacts. i've never seen gladiator go faster than light in a battle. The fastest in battle I remember was when he was fighting thor and WM at the same time on two halves of a planet. Light speed at best for that feat.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:14 AM
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Don't be an idiot.

...........OK.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:15 AM
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Which has nothign to do with apoc. A MUTANT with control over every atom of his Body. Which would include the speed to which he reacts.

Yes Apoc could amp himself to think and react faster, but first, he would have to THINK about doing it........AHHHH.

The fastest in battle I remember was when he was fighting thor and WM at the same time on two halves of a planet. Light speed at best for that feat.

Which is still roughly 3 million times faster then Apoc can think.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:18 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Don't be an idiot.

(please log in to view the image)

The same amount of catgirls are killed when involving human anatomy as well.
One less anime characters I say...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:18 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apollo: Do you know ANYTHING about him at all?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:19 AM
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Apollo: Do you know ANYTHING about him at all?

Im no Trickster Priest or Evil Ash, but I know a little about Apoc, why?

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:20 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Im no Trickster Priest
Be grateful for that one...

Plus, I think Trickster's ego just rose to untold levels.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:23 AM