KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » God of War

God of War
Started by: Kal-El_08

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, depends what you mean with dead on. If you mean it was an excellent cast then yes. If you mean that all looked like they looked in the comics, then no. Rosario Dawson happened to be quite black.
Other than Rosario Dawson, the casting was dead on, it was as close to 100% accurate as one can get. Wonder why this was done?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 05:30 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Other than Rosario Dawson, the casting was dead on, it was as close to 100% accurate as one can get. Wonder why this was done?

Odd, you are very odd.

Probably so the fans can relate more, though a good actor can pull off a role that he/she doesn't look "dead on" about. As Duncan did for Kingpin.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 13th, 2008 06:34 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Odd, you are very odd.

Probably so the fans can relate more, though a good actor can pull off a role that he/she doesn't look "dead on" about. As Duncan did for Kingpin.
In the end, thats what it is all about, the fans, what they want to see.

If they are remaking Star Trek, and they are casting for Kirk, lets say they have it boiled down to two actors. One is white an looks the part, and can act well enough to get the job done. The other is black, looks nothing like Kirk, and can get the job done a bit better.

999 times out of 1000 the filmmakers will go with the white guy.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 06:45 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hahaha, his argument is falling to bits.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post May 13th, 2008 09:29 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Dirk Kuyt.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Last edited by exanda kane on May 13th, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2008 11:29 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

I assume because the producers saw merit in a very close to accurate portrayal of the Comic Books. Possibly because Frank Miller was closer involved, too. And because the source material is very easy to turn into movie.

Now, Batman Begins, also being an excellent movie, did not go as close as possible to story at least. Because it doesn't matter how exact the transition is, it matters how good the movie is. You can obviously see that Batman Begins was influenced by Year One...there are similar traits in it, but, it is not a panel for panel copy...it's a standalone movie, with a standalone story. In fact, a stand alone universe.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 12:22 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I cant find a source that tells me what the black populace was in ancient Greece.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 12:32 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

So by your rationale, RJ, Rosario Dawson should not have been cast, and should, in fact, be replaced.

Right?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 01:24 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Being born a vampire because your mother was bitten, in London, could happen to anyone.

Hehe, made me laugh.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 01:48 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Could though, happened today in the news.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 01:57 PM
Bardock42

-AC
Was the baby in question black?

Old Post May 13th, 2008 01:59 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

-AC

Really? What about that giant cow? Bit weird, eh? Ahh...'news'.

Racist. If the baby was black, then the only reason it was black would be because it was black. Unless, there was another reason for it being black, but then it would be black, too.

Either way, you're definitely a racist.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 02:06 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope, but technically neither is Blade.

He's mixed race.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 02:50 PM
Bardock42

Aren't Vampires supposed to be really pale?

Old Post May 13th, 2008 02:57 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not necessarily.

Born vampires that are white, perhaps, cos they'd never see the Sun. People can be turned, don't forget.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 03:31 PM
Bardock42

Not necessarily.

Born vampires that are white, perhaps, cos they'd never see the Sun. People can be turned, don't forget.

-AC

Well, I guess it depends on what Mythology we are talking about. I am not familiar with marvel kinda Vampires. But in many others even those that are turned (at least the white ones) get pale, over time anyways.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 03:43 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Caucasians (not the beverage) pale when they lack exposure to sunlight. Negroes stay dark, with or without sun.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 05:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Caucasians (not the beverage) pale when they lack exposure to sunlight. Negroes stay dark, with or without sun.
True, but why is it the same for Vampires.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 06:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Vamps avoid sunlight, so logically, the white ones would pale. Or it could be the whole being undead thing, as Caucasoids pale after death, while the Negroes don't; they do sometimes get a bit of a grayish sheen though.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 06:26 PM
Bardock42

Vamps avoid sunlight, so logically, the white ones would pale. Or it could be the whole being undead thing, as Caucasoids pale after death, while the Negroes don't; they do sometimes get a bit of a grayish sheen though.
You seem to know an awful lot about the processes going on in skin of different races after death.

Worrying.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 06:28 PM