KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » _____ vs. _____

Is this thread a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, I like it, I wish we had a versus section even! 14 56.00%
Yes, it's pretty cool, but we don't need a versus section 5 20.00%
Meh, if you like it fine but I'm not a big fan of versus 3 12.00%
No, I dislike versus threads 0 0%
No, I hate versus threads, this should be locked! 3 12.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

_____ vs. _____
Started by: darthsith19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dresta

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Council#13
A simple Killing Curse would be sufficient for Bellatrix. Madame Maxime may be good, but she isn't nearly at the level of Bellatrix.

Directly monitoring crime and arresting criminals is not one of the duties of a governor. A governor usually has no training in armed combat, unlike a policeman.

Not even all of the smart ones believed Harry and Dumbledore. Only members of the Order of the Phoenix, and that's because they're all as loyal to Dumbledore as Hagrid was.

Fudge had been under the impression the whole time.

Sirius Black ran away from home at an early age. I doubt that he would have been invited to a family reunion. And I doubt that James would be reckless. He knew how dangerous Snape could be, and with everyone (including his own son) in danger, he wouldn't dare risk his own life simply to "toy" with an old rival.

She progressed fast due to her intelligence. Again, because she was intelligent, she was at the top of her DADA classes. Apparently, intelligence plays a major role in a character's magical strength.

It could smell the blood.

I think Malfoy would win. He seems to have better control of his powers. Crabbe seems to be stronger (being able to summon Fiendyfire), but he can't seem to be able to control his strength.

Kingsley vs. Lupin.

Kingsley would win this, he's portrayed as one of the most powerful wizards in the book, and by book 7 he was able to fight his way out when he was trapped by a group of Death Eaters.

And btw, Sirius was being reckless when fighting with Bellatrix, there was a particular emphasis put on the fact that his year or so pent up in Grimmauld place had made him reckless. So when he finally got into a fight that he longed for he foolishly tried to toy with Bellatrix and payed for it.

Harry (book 7) vs Rowle

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 07:17 PM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by Dresta
And btw, Sirius was being reckless when fighting with Bellatrix, there was a particular emphasis put on the fact that his year or so pent up in Grimmauld place had made him reckless. So when he finally got into a fight that he longed for he foolishly tried to toy with Bellatrix and payed for it.

Harry (book 7) vs Rowle

Alright, I'll agree. But do you think he could have beaten Bellatrix even if he had been completely serious?

Hmm, I'd say Harry wins. He didn't seem to impressive during the first Hogwarts battle.

Flitwick vs. McGonagall.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Sep 9th, 2007 02:19 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I'd say Flitwick, together they beat off Snape, and later McGonagall fought Voldemort with others and lost, while Flitwick took out Dolohov, who is very strong and even took out Lupin. You could say that only the best would take on Voldemort, but maybe Flitwick tried to but got held up by Dolohov, while McGonagall's path to Voldemort was clear. And Kingsley took on Voldemort, and I wouldn't put him very far ahead of Lupin, who Flitwick is ahead of. Plus, Flitwick was once a dueling champion, McGonagall never got any awards.

Flitwick vs. Mrs. Weasley?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 09:32 PM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

In that fight Dumbledore had the Eldar Wand. And also Voldemort did know that the Auror's were coming , as Dumbledore said somehting like "You were foolish to come here tonight Tom, the Auror's are on their way".

Voldemort would definately win this fight.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 07:47 PM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Why did you quote that? confused

Flitwick vs. Mrs. Weasley?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 09:24 PM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seriously how stupid are you? Of course Snape wasn't regarded as being Voldemort's 'best lieutenant' as he had been working for Dumbledore, god think man.

Clearly someone need to be schooled in the art of English Literature. Now look at this quote real carefully:

"Voldemort's fury at the fall of his last, best lieutenant exploded with the force of a bomb!"

Given the context of the quote, where it's directly speaking in reference to Voldemort's fury, it's clear that the 'last, best lieutenant' was an indirect form of voicing Voldemort's thoughts on the matter.

Guess what? VOLDEMORT DIDN'T KNOW THAT SNAPE HAD BEEN WORKING WITH DUMBLEDORE AT THIS POINT! Ergo, I'm right, your attempt at a rebuttal fails, and you lose.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 11:22 AM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by nmensfinest
Clearly someone need to be schooled in the art of English Literature. Now look at this quote real carefully:

"Voldemort's fury at the fall of his last, best lieutenant exploded with the force of a bomb!"

Given the context of the quote, where it's directly speaking in reference to Voldemort's fury, it's clear that the 'last, best lieutenant' was an indirect form of voicing Voldemort's thoughts on the matter.

Guess what? VOLDEMORT DIDN'T KNOW THAT SNAPE HAD BEEN WORKING WITH DUMBLEDORE AT THIS POINT! Ergo, I'm right, your attempt at a rebuttal fails, and you lose.

Dude, he was agreeing with you. You said Snape wasn't the best, he said Snape wasn't the best. Still, Coldy only calls Bella the best and last at the evry end when Snape is already dead, so he doesn't count. He didn't say "best ever" he just said "best" and even if he had meant best ever, of course he would consider her the best ever cause Snape was against Voldemort! Either way it doesn't mean that bellatrix is stronger than Snape.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 06:19 PM