KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's Chick

If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's Chick
Started by: SelinaAndBruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SelinaAndBruce

Barf If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's Chick

The Rachel Dawes character is so unnecessary and so damned annoying. I think she might be the worst film Bat girlfriend ever even behind Nicole Kidnman's Chase Meridian the overly horny for Batman psychiatrist I lovingly named Batho

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 10:47 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's Chick

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
The Rachel Dawes character is so unnecessary and so damned annoying. I think she might be the worst film Bat girlfriend ever even behind Nicole Kidnman's Chase Meridian the overly horny for Batman psychiatrist I lovingly named Batho

I must admit she was slightly annoying. Especially the bit where she slapped Bruce in the face for wanting to kill Joe. Hey the guy only killed his parents in cold blood whys Bruce gettong so cranky for?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 12:07 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Re: Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's Chick

Originally posted by Alfheim
I must admit she was slightly annoying. Especially the bit where she slapped Bruce in the face for wanting to kill Joe. Hey the guy only killed his parents in cold blood whys Bruce gettong so cranky for?

She was just so damned smarmy and preachy about everything. No sexual chemistry with Batman/Bruce at all but that may be Katie Holmes's fault more than anything. But still the character overall sucks ass and was not needed. There's a large arsenal of Batgirlfriends to choose from. Why bother creating a new girlfriend for him if she is going to be such an absolute dud

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 12:14 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Re: Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's Chi

She was just so damned smarmy and preachy about everything. No sexual chemistry with Batman/Bruce at all but that may be Katie Holmes's fault more than anything. But still the character overall sucks ass and was not needed. There's a large arsenal of Batgirlfriends to choose from. Why bother creating a new girlfriend for him if she is going to be such an absolute dud

laughing Well I think she was sligthly irritating but not a complete loss. Why does there have to be sexual chemistry their childhood friends.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 12:17 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Re: Re: Re: Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's Chi

laughing Well I think she was sligthly irritating but not a complete loss. Why does there have to be sexual chemistry their childhood friends.

I get they are childhood friends but it seems like they are trying to build a long term story arc with a possible romance between them. That was the impression I got and the character to me is not what I want for a girlfriend for Bruce. And sure my name shows my obvious bias where that is concerned but I have liked other Batgirlfriends. This one simply blows.

Do you think they will introduce someone into the series to be his girlfriend other than Dawes?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 12:28 PM
Deadline

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batm

I get they are childhood friends but it seems like they are trying to build a long term story arc with a possible romance between them. That was the impression I got and the character to me is not what I want for a girlfriend for Bruce. And sure my name shows my obvious bias where that is concerned but I have liked other Batgirlfriends. This one simply blows.

I think you have to give it some time, bare in miond its the first movie.

Do you think they will introduce someone into the series to be his girlfriend other than Dawes?

The way things are going no, but what they might do is introduce another love interest like Posion Ivy. As far as I know Rachel is going to be in the next movie.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 12:32 PM
SelinaAndBruce

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batm

I think you have to give it some time, bare in miond its the first movie.

The way things are going no, but what they might do is introduce another love interest like Posion Ivy. As far as I know Rachel is going to be in the next movie.

I hope the Joker kills her

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 12:38 PM
Deadline

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes

laughing Damn you really dont like her? Hey but you dont like the Joker that much either. Anyway I think im quite liberal when it comes to Batman movies unless it really sux I dont mind.

Damn Batman Forever was on Tv the other day, didnt watch it properly....man that film sucked.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 12:43 PM
NoFate007

I think they might have Joker kill her in TDK. Other than that, they could possibly have some other love interests popping up. We may find Selina as a character in #3 or something even simpler like Vicki Vale being his girlfriend and not having much screen time. Then there is Silver, Gleason, etc.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 02:09 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Il.Mozalini
Malt Liquor Enthusiast

I like the idea of the character alot...they just should've got someone who could act. I think they are correcting the problem by replacing Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal.

I don't see them realistically adding any more love interests. It doesn't make sense for Bruce to pick up a new woman every movie.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 03:18 PM
Il.Mozalini is currently offline Click here to Send Il.Mozalini a Private Message Find more posts by Il.Mozalini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Il.Mozalini
I like the idea of the character alot...they just should've got someone who could act. I think they are correcting the problem by replacing Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal.

I don't see them realistically adding any more love interests. It doesn't make sense for Bruce to pick up a new woman every movie.

But then again, he IS Bruce Wayne after all... Chicks love the guy... I think it's very realistic for Bruce to pick up a new woman every movie, just don't make it seem like the others never existed, a la B&R... As long as they get some screen time or are mentioned, I'm fine with it... And also as long as they don't find out he's Batman in every movie...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 06:32 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

laughing out loud at the thread title.

It's true, I watched Begins yesterday and was enjoying the heck out of Bale, Caine, Freeman, Neeson, Oldman, etc...

And then during all the chaos of the prisoners of Arkham being set free...

Cop: "Ma'am, you can't go this way."
Holmes (flippantly with a little head toss): "I'm a Gotham city district attorney, let me through."

sick

As for the character herself, Rachel's as good as dead.

(please log in to view the image)

And remember the teaser: "They crossed the line."

It will make the Joker a real bastard, and make Bruce truly the DARK knight.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 07:20 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes

The Joker might, but with Maggie Gyllanhaal as the new Rachel, she may be around for a few films.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 07:38 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel D

laughing Damn you really dont like her? Hey but you dont like the Joker that much either. Anyway I think im quite liberal when it comes to Batman movies unless it really sux I dont mind.

Damn Batman Forever was on Tv the other day, didnt watch it properly....man that film sucked.

I don't like the character. She just sucks and is unnecessary. Begins would have actually been way better without the character.

O and Batman Forever does suck. It's just a bad movie period. And I can't STAND Batho!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 09:40 PM
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

Re: Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's Chick

quote:

I know , that scene always bugged me as well. Not only does she slap him , she does it twice, which looks awkward. I would slap her back LOL

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 02:33 AM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Re: Re: Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's Chick

Originally posted by Altar[1stONE]
I know , that scene always bugged me as well. Not only does she slap him , she does it twice, which looks awkward. I would slap her back LOL

"How could you? I'm a woman!" laughing

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 05:29 AM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

That ***** BETTER DIE!

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 05:46 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Il.Mozalini
Malt Liquor Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel D

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Joker might, but with Maggie Gyllanhaal as the new Rachel, she may be around for a few films.

Yes, I agree. If the character doesn't die, I don't see them replacing Maggie, nor do I see her quitting. Over all it's better for the franchise with her there(instead of Katie Holmes).

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 04:07 PM
Il.Mozalini is currently offline Click here to Send Il.Mozalini a Private Message Find more posts by Il.Mozalini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Re: Re: Re: If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's

"How could you? I'm a woman!" laughing

haha..batman returns right?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 05:22 PM
Mr Parker

Naw,no girl can be as annoying as Mrs Tom Cruise at THAT time-the annoying Nicole Kidman as Chase Meridian,not even close.Actually I would say the BIGGEST misfire in Batman Begins was the look of the batmobile. sick mad big grin god they better improve on the look of it for The Dark Knight.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 06:41 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote