KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Signature Duel Forum » Alliance's Sig Tourney: Discussion Thread.

Alliance's Sig Tourney: Discussion Thread.
Started by: Alliance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

you always complain...

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 08:36 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alliance
you always complain...

Lol sorry. Don't get me wrong i love the assignment. It is both challenging and open for creativity.

But I've just never had the best time choosing stocks. stick out tongue

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 08:44 PM
Gannon is currently offline Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Gannon
That's the thing. The more to choose from the harder it is to choose.

Disagree because there's more variety and you're more likely to find exactly what you want. It's a case of fitting the images to your idea, instead of forcing an idea to work with an image.

http://sxc.hu

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 08:52 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

Originally posted by Lana
laughing out loud

I hate choosing renders. Stocks are much easier to choose because there's so much more that's available stick out tongue

Issue with stocks is you need something that can be your focal and the interest.You unfortunately also need something detailed to use as background info.I hate stocks mad

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 08:58 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by {{QS}}
Issue with stocks is you need something that can be your focal and the interest.You unfortunately also need something detailed to use as background info.I hate stocks mad

Well, that can be a problem if you're only using ONE stock...but who actually does that?

I just find them a lot easier to work with than renders. Lot more fun, too.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 09:03 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

Well, that can be a problem if you're only using ONE stock...but who actually does that?

I just find them a lot easier to work with than renders. Lot more fun, too.

I do, but thats because I suck at finding good ones.

Also looking at Pitts 3rd Round entry, I'm a little wary that his stock wouldn't come under the 'landscape' category , guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 08:03 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by {{QS}}
I do, but thats because I suck at finding good ones.

Also looking at Pitts 3rd Round entry, I'm a little wary that his stock wouldn't come under the 'landscape' category , guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Landscape is a very loose term, it can imply anything with a rectangular shape to it.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 04:36 AM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Da Pittman
Landscape is a very loose term, it can imply anything with a rectangular shape to it.

Right. If I had the NFL one I would've done a Dancing With the Stars theme with Emmitt Smith on one half, and a dance floor on the other.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 05:23 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Um, not really. Image of a landscape != landscape format.

land·scape /ˈlændˌskeɪp/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[land-skeyp] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -scaped, -scap·ing.
–noun
1. a section or expanse of rural scenery, usually extensive, that can be seen from a single viewpoint.
2. a picture representing natural inland or coastal scenery.
3. Fine Arts. the category of aesthetic subject matter in which natural scenery is represented.
4. Obsolete. a panoramic view of scenery; vista.
–verb (used with object)
5. to improve the appearance of (an area of land, a highway, etc.), as by planting trees, shrubs, or grass, or altering the contours of the ground.
6. to improve the landscape of.
–verb (used without object)
7. to do landscape gardening as a profession.

Landscapes generally are images of nature.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 03:38 PM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

land·scape /ˈlændˌskeɪp/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[land-skeyp] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -scaped, -scap·ing.
–noun
1. a section or expanse of rural scenery, usually extensive, that can be seen from a single viewpoint.
3. Fine Arts. the category of aesthetic subject matter in which natural scenery is represented.
–verb (used with object)
5. to improve the appearance of (an area of land, a highway, etc.), as by planting trees, shrubs, or grass, or altering the contours of the ground.

Yes really wink that is why I said it "can" and since it wasn't defined I took some artistic liberty.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...G=Google+Search

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 05:02 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

–noun
–verb (used with object)

This is what I thought Alliance meant.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 07:00 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by Tattoo
This is what I thought Alliance meant.
I did too but since it wasn't clearly specified like I said I wanted to take some creative freedom in my design, after all this is about creativity stick out tongue

If I loose because of it, so be it but I had this in mind and wanted to do it.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 07:55 PM
Peach
mordrem

Well, it says "stock image of a landscape". Thus it should be a landscape, ie scenery.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 09:31 PM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Well, it says "stock image of a landscape". Thus it should be a landscape, ie scenery.
ie a crowd at a concert stick out tongue Scenery doesn't have to mean plants and trees wink

A landscape comprises is the visible features of an area of land, including physical elements such as landforms, living elements of flora and fauna, abstract elements such as lighting and weather conditions, and human elements, for instance human activity or the built environment. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landscape

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 10:02 PM
LanceWindu

ie a crowd at a concert stick out tongue Scenery doesn't have to mean plants and trees wink

A landscape comprises is the visible features of an area of land, including physical elements such as landforms, living elements of flora and fauna, abstract elements such as lighting and weather conditions, and human elements, for instance human activity or the built environment. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landscape

To me, landscape has always been looking out across the land and seeing everything in sight, not looking down to a crowd of people and a stage.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 10:22 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by Tattoo
To me, landscape has always been looking out across the land and seeing everything in sight, not looking down to a crowd of people and a stage.
Yes I do agree that is the common meaning for the word, but since it wasn't clearly specified and this contest is about creativity I decided to play on another part of the meaning of the word. If Alliance doesn’t agree with my interpretation of his rules then that is fine and it is his tournament and he is the judge.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 01:20 PM
LanceWindu

Tick-Tock goes the clock.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 05:33 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

We're just waiting on Gannon.

FYI: The final round will last two weeks and involve 3 entries.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 08:05 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by Alliance
We're just waiting on Gannon.

FYI: The final round will last two weeks and involve 3 entries.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 08:10 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Looking at the final rounds of previous tournaments MIGHT give you an idea about what to expect.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 08:14 PM